4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:11 pm 

Quote:
if mines running and will make the trip from az to cali..we should do MOD this year.. seems there is never any vans there.. so 2 would get people thinking LOL..

Steve
I’ve never been to mod! It would be great if I’m able to go sometime. I’m usually out of town working every time it happens.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:59 pm 

ive never been either.. but a friend of here goes every year

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:18 am 

Worked on the van some more. Got the rvr harness stripped down a bit and routed it the way I wanted and re-taped it with some cloth tape.

Swapped out the 2g case for the van Ecu case and installed dsm link v3

I had an old shift box basic from a few years ago that never got installed along with a 3g shifter. Decided to put them to use finally.
Put an old mud flap to better use by cutting it out and making it a plate to hide the ugly 3g shifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:26 am 

Heres the final outcome. I’m glad it all fit inside the factory center console. I had to trim the cup holder tray to get that to fit but not bad otherwise. Image

Pulled the trans pan to change the filter and there was a lot of sludge built up. Hopefully the trans lasts until I can get the 2g one built.

Got the van fired up and moving under it’s own power. Doesn’t idle very well as the maf is plugged in but not connected to the intake. Getting speed density finished up tomorrow and having my buddy send me over a baseline tune. All that is left is to get a downpipe to connect the exhaust.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:33 am 

Here’s a short clip of the 3g shifter and fourced four shift box.
https://youtu.be/1NeIhyA8TG8

First start up! Yay!!!
https://youtu.be/GHL4fpASTfg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:58 am 
CSM Junkie

awesome, great work! i like the cover plate you made for the shifter.
P.S. thanks for the GT steering wheel ;) looks like it is going to be tricky

Keane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:02 pm 
Some call me a god

Looks like my wiring to the shift box helped you get it going a bit quicker. Looking good!

2003 Lancer Evolution 57k original miles
1992 Montero LS
1989 Plymouth Colt GT (AWD project)
1989 Dodge Colt GT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:19 pm 

Yes it did, although I had to find out what wires were what since my shifter came from a different year. All good and just got it registered today.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:08 am 

Over the past few days I got some time to work on the van some more.
Since I’m using the factory csm intake tube the 2g maf dosnt fit in there.
I got ECMLinks plug and play harness and picked up a 3bar gm map and got a gm intake temp sensor welded on a dsm pipe that was cut and rewelded( took the 90* bend out and made it straight)Image

Here’s the engine bay finished up for now. After smog I’ll start deleting the vacuum lines I don’t need and install a vibrant vacuum block I’ve had sitting for a few years.

I had a gst exhaust from the first engine I had picked up for the van and ended up having spun rod bearings and broken oil pump. I cut the factory summit downpipe as far forward as possible and cut the gst downpipe and luckily got them to line up pretty good and got them welded together.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:30 am 

Got everything pretty much buttoned up. With the swap the tach still didn’t work and the rvr gauge clusters that were on the forums/Facebook groups have been sold. I read up on some things and used Jason’s write up on the tach filter for the csm. Had a spare gauge cluster torn apart and found the tach signal pin.
Here is the tach input(Phillips head circled in red) which goes to the dash harness fourth pin on the top(red arrow pointing to it)Image

I pulled the coil pack and had to pull the fuel rail to actually be able to pull the coils out. Installed the 90 tach filter and wired it in. There’s two “in” wires that I connected one to each coil on the top. The “out” wire went inside to the underdash connector.
Favtory 2g 98 coil pack on left and 90 csm on right
I used the same 98 bracket and there was a threaded hole so I mounted the tach filter there and was out of the way of the rear of the components.

The out wire(white) from the tach filter was ran under the dash and connected to this connector here. It’s a black connector on one end and white on the other.

On lilevos’s site he goes to a big black connector under dash but it’s not the same as the van. Instead of cutting the wire and soldering into it I pulled the pin and taped it up as I had a spare pin I could use(just keeping the factory one uncut for future reference if I ever need it)

Since I had the fuel rail pulled I also had some pte 1000’s from the engine with spun bearings. Pulled them off the old engine and put new o rings on. Image

Used DSMLinks site and set the injectors up with their data.

Got the van fired up and the tach works!!!!

Got a quick log and I’m seeing positive boost at 1600rpm and spiking 11psi at 5600rpm and dropping to 8psi(no boost controller hooked up, vacuum line straight from turbo to wastegate). Intake air temp got up to 202* so next on the list is a FMiC( I have an evo 3 IC and most of the piping I’ll have to mock up)

I’ll be putting some miles on it as my DD and the next update will hopefully be a fmic install and e85 along with a little more boost out of the 11b.