4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:11 pm 

Picked her up yesterday. 1993 Eagle Summit AWD automatic 2.4 SOHC
Later planning on 4g63 and keeping the auto.

Last edited by TRBODSM on Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:13 am 

Looks like its in great shape.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:36 pm 

Quote:
Looks like its in great shape.
It’s not in too bad of shape. I haven’t had time to really look into it though. I’ve been busy trying to source parts I need to get it droveable and I also purchased my old csm back from my friend.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:47 am 

Nice man, pretty much exactly like my 93.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:47 am 

Pissed off :evil: ….. just missed out on a 93 5 spd. I tried to make a few offers but I was just too slow. They don't come up for sale often and they certainly disappear FAST!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:04 pm 
CSM Junkie

looks clean.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:41 am 

Quote:
Nice man, pretty much exactly like my 93.
Yes, took me a while to find another one that was kind of close. I drove 12 hrs round trip for this one

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:44 am 

Quote:
looks clean.
My old 92 was cleaner and 6 bolt auto but this will do for now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:51 am 

Well the swap has started!

Long story short, I picked up a “good running” 7 bolt long block from a gst and when I decided to do a rear down for some gasket replacements and new timing belt and water pump I found a broken oil pump. Tore the engine down a bit more and had 2 spun rod bearings so the project was put on hold for a bit.

After trying to find some parts to rebuild the engine I ran into another 7 bolt from a 98 gsx. No later than 30 min after finding it on Craigslist I was on my way to pick it up.

Here’s the new donor engine for the van that I picked up January 22 of 2019Image

Last edited by TRBODSM on Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:06 am 

Over the last couple weeks I’ve been working on this 7 bolt while I had some time.

Cleaned up the block and degreased it all Image

New valve stem seals since the engine had 13x,xxxmiles and I didn’t know the maintenance history

Installed some FP2’s and ARP HeadStuds

Pulled the pan since I wanted to reseal everything and make sure there was no shavings in the pan
And tried to see if I could tell if the block was a split thrust or not. I couldn’t really see without having to pull the girdle so I left it alone as everything looked good.

Pulled the oil pump and cleaned it all up as well as a balance shaft elimination.

All new oem gaskets and seals

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:24 am 

new timing belt, water pump and timing tensioner with pulleys

Got the engine all resealed and assembled and put an 11b from an original turbo mirage that I recently parted out.

Old engine out

New engine in! I used all the factory mounts with the factory w4a32. The ac bracket and ac condenser were from the 2.4 that was originally in the van along with the power steering bracket. I also had to remove the ac fan to clear the turbo and move the factory trans cooler lines on the radiator to clear wastegate.

Got the factory cv’s rebuilt since one had a ripped boot and no grease left in it.

I used this gate radiator hose I had laying around fans I had to trim it to get the correct length now that the 2g thermostat housing and water pipes are different. The lower radiator hose stayed the same

I had some factory intercooler piping from dsm, csm and gvr4 so tried to make something work between all of them for now until I can save up some money to install the flic I have sitting on the shelf(need piping done). I ended up using a dsm bov pipe that I cut, gvr4 top intercooler pipe cut in half and the csm 11b j pipe from the turbo and 1g throttle body elbow. Also managed to squeeze the og turbo mirage intake in there but need to figure out a mafs. Probably go with an evo 8 one as it’s round and bolts up to the 1g style intake pipe(I’ll have to make an adapter from 2g maf to evo)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:32 am 

Started pulling the factory wireharness and I thought I could get away with snaking it out but I wasn’t able to do so. Out the dash comes now

I had picked up an rvr harness from Joey(forum member but don’t know his name on here) and just swapped out the 1g style injector connectors for the 2g style ones.

Hopefully tomorrow after work I can start installing the rvr harness and start getting the dash back in. It’s getting close to being done. After the swap is done I’ll make a list of everything I had to do. I also took notes and pinned out the rvr harness so I know where each pin in the harness goes to.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:25 am 

How did the axles work out? did they bolt into your 2g auto GSX trans?

4G63 Built: LUVLee "Chevy Luv"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:16 pm 

if mines running and will make the trip from az to cali..we should do MOD this year.. seems there is never any vans there.. so 2 would get people thinking LOL..

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:09 pm 

Quote:
How did the axles work out? did they bolt into your 2g auto GSX trans?
I’m still using the w4a32 that came in the van. It shifted through all the gears when o drove it around the block. I purchased the van for $800 and wasn’t running. When I fueled my truck up after picking up the van I peeked under it and realized it had no t case or driveshaft. Sourced those and the van moved under its own power. I have to save some extra cash to send the 2g trans to get built and figure out the gearing since it came from a 98. I might not have to change out the rear end when the 2g trans goes in. That is for a later time though. Unless the stock trans takes a shit before then.