4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:03 pm 

I think that would look awesome. What about just repainting them metallic silver then?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:58 pm 

Quote:
I think that would look awesome. What about just repainting them metallic silver then?
Yea, silver is my go-to option but I was just wondering if anyone had a idea I did not think of. I have to glass bead the other 2 rims tonight if I can find the motivation.
Mark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:35 pm 
CSM Junkie

On the "charcoal" i would stay on more silver side than black for that oem look. I think tey will turn out great. Love the eagle idea. I would do the logo in black

Keane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

A nice light Gunmetal with silver flake would look nice. I think the gun metal would be a bit dark but since the front face has so much surface area that they would lighten up with silver flake. (just my 2 cents)....If doing the red stripe you will need the main color to be dark. If wanting to stay stock then just some silver will do and anything fresh and clean will look nice and almost just say clear then the way they are.

5 X 90 Talon TSI
90 GSX
99 GSX..........31 Dodge 4dr Rat Rod, 67 Catalina, 92 3kgt vr4, 83 Civic,4 00 F-350, 01 Chevy 2500HD
3 KIDS, FUTURE FIANCE, AND CAR ADDICTION

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:30 am 

New wrinkle, I sand blasted the other 2 rims last night. I will try to make this long story short, here goes.....
When I was building the car I had the 5 lug Eclipse rear but the 4 lug Summit front. I bought new Brembo front calipers and Eclipse rotors. I had a machine shop turn down new Eclipse hubs to fit inside the Summit front wheel bearings. When I put it all together the 14" rims I had would not fit over the new calipers. I found these rims and bolted them on but the rims wobbled when I spun them. I assumed the machine shop screwed up so I bought Expo spindles and pressed in Eclipse bearing and hubs. Fast forward and I test fitted the new rims before I have them painted and they wobble????
The lug pattern for Nissan/Infinity is the same but the hub is smaller!!!!!!!
Here was my solution

Problem solved for no money!!!!

Last edited by win0857 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:07 pm 
The Silent Administrator

I would have never thought of honing!

14" turbo rims just clear the 266mm caliper setup on turbo cars by a few mm's, with new pads installed.
Anything larger, means adequately spaced 15's and larger diameter rims.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:27 pm 

So I was working on the car and when I revved it up and closed the throttle there was a noise from the air filter like SHSHSHSHSHSHS. I think this is surge. I started looking and noticed that the Tial BV50 was not working. I searched on Tial's website and saw they sell different springs depending on how much vacuum your engine makes. i did not know what spring came in it so I took out the Allen bolts and the valve would not come apart. I had to pry on it to finally get it to come apart. The diaphram rod was siezed in the bore. I used steel wool and worked at it until they went together without sticking. This was a brand new BOV and it must of not worked from day 1.
Not sure what the difference will be with it working.

Put the tach filter on today and hoping to get the dash installed and working by the weekend.
Mark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:06 am 

So I bought a GT cluster way back in the day and decided to get it working this morning. I bought a new coil for a 1990 Eclipse. It had the square 4 wire plug on it. I took the wiring off the coil I had so I would get the 3 wire triangular plug. I ended up with a spare wire from the tach filter. I found single wire plug at the 94 Eclipse harness that the spade from the tach filter fit into. It looks like this

It was black with a white stripe. I traced it back to the right kick panel white plug, 3rd from the right,top. In the jumper harness I bought from Mirageman (thank you very much) he had a 2" long white wire that was a spare. On the other white plug the was a white wire right were lilevo (and thank you very much) said there would be in his write up. I moved the pig tail on the harness connector and just soldered and heat shrinked the 2 white wires together.
WALAA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:48 pm 

That connector is actually for the dsm ac compressor but it'll work just fine for a tach as long as you don't plan to run ac. I'm sure this will help others in the future that are wiring up their tach as well, no need to run a wire. As long as you don't plan to run ac that is.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:52 pm 

Quote:
That connector is actually for the dsm ac compressor but it'll work just fine for a tach as long as you don't plan to run ac. I'm sure this will help others in the future that are wiring up their tach as well, no need to run a wire. As long as you don't plan to run ac that is.
No a/c and since you left me white cut wire in your jumper it was white to white and it worked. It took me about 45 minutes to do the whole thing.
I ordered lilevo's LED's today so by next week the car will be finished.
Awesome

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:28 pm 

Finally got the rims back from paint. I like them a lot!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:43 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Wow, those are clean! Paint came out really nice and that clear will help protect things for a long time to come.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:08 pm 

Very nice. Now if you're like me you hold your breath hoping that some moron at the tire shop doesn't destroy them. That's actually why I got my tires installed first when I did my last set and painted them after.

Can't wait to see them installed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:30 am 

Quote:
Very nice. Now if you're like me you hold your breath hoping that some moron at the tire shop doesn't destroy them. That's actually why I got my tires installed first when I did my last set and painted them after.

Can't wait to see them installed.
I know what you mean. I have a tire machine at the shop so I will do it myself, and get pissed at me when it happens!
Mark

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:41 am 

Take your time and use plenty of that soapy stuff and you'll be fine. The guys I'm talking about don't give a crap and rush through it.

Another thing I hate is when they take the tire off the mounting machine and just drop it and let it bounce all around while going to take it to balance it. I just think to myself if you let my wheel fall on the face and scrape it all up one of us is getting our ass beat :lol: .

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next