4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 911 Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:34 pm 
Some call me a god

Wow that really looks nice! I'm diggin' the bumper, and can't wait to see it with the custom interior assembled.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:54 pm 
CSM Expert

Quote:
Quote:
Knowing that you might be able to move the engine or rear end around a little bit to take up that slack. .5-.6 inches isn't too much of a difference.

From what Jason said if I recall, that in stock DSM/early EVOs form, that the rear end should be forward a bit rather than competently centered. I'm going to measure the wheel base from hub to hub on a DSM and compare it to the elantra, just to double check my measurements for this project,lol.
The diff sits more towards the passenger side. It is not in the center. Hence the reason the rear axles are not the same. One is longer than the other. This is because the transfer case is not centered coming off of the transmission.

Also WHERE did you get that fabric for the headliner? I like it!

And what bumper is that?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:15 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:

And what bumper is that?
I got the headliner at JoAnne Fabric. The bumper is a 93-99 Impreza bumper.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:24 am 
CSM Expert

Quote:
Quote:

And what bumper is that?
I got the headliner at JoAnne Fabric. The bumper is a 93-99 Impreza bumper.
Much modding to get the bumper to mount up?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:01 pm 
Some call me a god

I really couldn't tell you, p/o put it on. But from what I can see he just screwed the bumper into the top trim and did some trimming on the sides, not much work IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:54 pm 
Some call me a god

Got my tires mounted, wheels painted and took it for a real test drive. My face = :o Wow this thing pulls hard and I'm at only 22-23psi right now which is wastegate pressure. I love this turbo, you hear it starting to spool and then it just pulls. Like a warning going off, time to hold on! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:56 pm 
2nd Banana

You need to add a grille in there, then it would be perfect. The front also looks a little bit higher than the front, might be from the negative camber in the rear though.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:38 pm 
Some call me a god

I have the grill but I want to button up all the wiring and stuff before I put it back in. So no worries there. The front is a little higher then the back because of the awd springs I'm using. The front springs only had 1 1/2 coils cut instead of 2 like most people do. I'm not really worried about it, it will look sorta dumb for a little while but I plan on going to some coilovers eventually so I'll leave it alone.

For anyone that is wondering, the stock springs are plenty stiff for an awd mirage. I'm using oem springs with AGX's in the rear and oem springs (1 1/2 cut coils) with GR-2 in the front. I was thinking about getting some stiffer springs in the rear but I definitely don't need it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:31 pm 
CSM Junkie

wow man, looks gnarly. window tint would take it to the HNL imo.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:18 pm 
Some call me a god

I've had little things come up but that's expected. She's still running good though and goes down the road straight.

I took her to the track and after 3 runs called it a night, my clutch does NOT like launching. I managed a 13.08 @ 112 with a 2.0 60', slipping pretty bad. On my last run I ran a 13.2 after letting off in 4th. This was on a terrible tune @ 22psi btw.

Got a Fidanza flywheel and Clutchnet 4 puck unsprung that will be going in and then I'll head back to the track to see some real times.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:48 pm 
Some call me a god

New disc and flywheel are in, quite a difference but I don't see why some say that unsprung pucks are not streetable. It's super grabby and does chatter a little if you don't rev it high enough but really doesn't effect the streetability IMO.

I do have a question for guys who have awd swaps, I'm having problems with the exhaust scraping a lot! I'm seriously considering going to 2 1/2 after the cat to tuck it up more and just run a small muffler in the middle and have it exit out the side.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:00 pm 
Some call me a god

My exhaust is 3 inches and runs pretty much inline with the down pipe, it goes up a bit into the tunnel and back down by the rear diff. Mine is extremely close (within 1/4'' probably) to the one pivoting point for the lower swing arm. The heat from the exhaust might not be the best for that one bushing, but I dont drive it much anyways.

I found I had to change my muffler, the first one I used was rubbing on the ground when I came in and out of my garage. My car is lowered a bit too, just have to watch where I drive thats all.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:30 pm 
Some call me a god

I'm running stock AWD springs uncut, with Colt struts all the way around, and my 3" exhaust doesn't rub at all. The car is about stock ride height, but it didn't seem to rub with the whooped Colt springs in there either. There's pictures of how it's routed here if it helps:
http://www.4g61t.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 8&start=45

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:42 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
I'm running stock AWD springs uncut, with Colt struts all the way around, and my 3" exhaust doesn't rub at all. The car is about stock ride height, but it didn't seem to rub with the whooped Colt springs in there either. There's pictures of how it's routed here if it helps:
http://www.4g61t.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 8&start=45
Ya, I looked at yours for some ideas. My rear suspension is stock awd springs with AGX's with some 1 1/2" extensions on the bottom. The ride height isn't stock though and I'm thinking about adding some sort of extension to the tophats to make the ride height closer to stock. I have to do something though, I scrape every time I come and go from my driveway. I'll see what I come up with tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:57 pm 
Some call me a god

I have the Colt shocks in the back with extensions/adapters. It limits my shock options, but it gives me a little more ride height than the DSM shocks.

Someone else on here boxed in the top of the shock tower to get the right geometry too. It seems like a sound plan. I can't remember who, but as far as I know, they didn't post any photos of it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 911 Next