4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:32 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I hit a deer in my most prized thing I own my 91 eagle talon awd. A few of you might know me from my built in Racing Discussion & Tech. If you read from there you would know I just got the built tranny in the car and was heading to the track this saturday for some good numbers but not now. I hit him going about 50 trying to make a log on dsmlink. I was so upset that after hiting the deer I got sick on the side of the road. I am only 19 years old but this was my first car and I really didn't want it to end like this. The pics will speak for there selfs The talon will live on even if everthing I have has to be transplanted into a new shell. It just happen tonight my friend david has a very clean and low miles 92laser shell even tho they are not my fav looking of the dsm's it will do. we will see what my inscurance will do about it I made a clame

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:11 pm 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

ouch, though it doesn't look like much was harmed, replace the hood, fender, and bend the light fixture. I have brought back way worse. Junkyard may be cheaper/easier than replacing the shell.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:13 pm 

The core suport it been and broke and pushed in passger side fram rail in maybe pushed in 2" in the front. I can't handle a primerd fender I just hope it can be fixed this is my baby.

Tyler,

Last edited by 92colt72k on Thu May 07, 2009 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:17 pm 
Some call me a god

Ouch that sucks! It doesn't look like anything unfixable, but it still sucks.

At least you're ok right? It could have been a lot worse; at least that's how you gotta look at it. It looks like you have a nice deer steak in your headlamp socket for later too. :vom:

Sorry about your misfortune. Hope you get it back how it was soon.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:19 pm 

Yas I know what you mean I just put he built tranny in there tuseday. I just can't belive it I pulled over and I was in shock as I still am I think.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:21 pm 

damn dude that sucks..sorry to hear about the crash...maybee transplant everything into a csm?

Steve

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:26 pm 

Maybe I did think about that but I do not know if I want to go that way yet.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:04 am 
2nd Banana

Ugggh, that looks all-too-familiar bro. I hit a deer with my prized 1g as well, and even have video footage to prove it! fruit and banana sucks, but at least you're ok. Cars are always replaceable.

Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7EN0xPkJRA

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:01 am 
Digital Baby Troll

Quote:
Ugggh, that looks all-too-familiar bro. I hit a deer with my prized 1g as well, and even have video footage to prove it! fruit and banana sucks, but at least you're ok. Cars are always replaceable.

Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7EN0xPkJRA

I was about to say thats not the first one we've seen. Sorry dude, deers weight quite a bit and do some damage. Hit one with my old bronco a while back and it even bent the fair lead for my wench. Once again at least you're alright and it does look fixable, as long as you didn't push back any of the sub frame.

-John

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:49 am 

It looks pretty fruit and banana up but we will see when they come and look at it today. I am very upset with it and there will be another one if this one can't be fixed. I just do not have the skill or the time to do the awd colt right now. I might be able to to do it. I just don't feel liek puting all that time into it right now. But who knows I might change my mind.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:49 am 
Some call me a god

I am sorry for you Tyler. That could be fixed by a body shop but you may not want to spend that kind of money on it right now.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:15 pm 

I am sure it can be fixed but at what cost? I am sure it is like atleast $2,000 worth of damage done to the car. Normaly they will total a 91 eagle talon if it has the much damage is done I belive. I am going to school now for Collision Repair. But this is far above my skill lvl right now. If I take it somewhere I just want to make sure it is done right and with good quality work. I have put my life into this car and I sure would'nt want somthing like body work done half ass I am sure u understand that.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:51 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
I am sure it can be fixed but at what cost? I am sure it is like atleast $2,000 worth of damage done to the car. Normaly they will total a 91 eagle talon if it has the much damage is done I belive. I am going to school now for Collision Repair. But this is far above my skill lvl right now. If I take it somewhere I just want to make sure it is done right and with good quality work. I have put my life into this car and I sure would'nt want somthing like body work done half ass I am sure u understand that.

Tyler,
I'll bet you there is frame damage, and at the very least you will need a new radiator core support--not exactly an easy task. Back when I hit that deer DSM's were worth a lot more money, and that car was a '94 so it was less than 10 years-old at the time. I ended up getting like $3,400 for it after my deductible and buying it back. I would consider it a loss and move on if I were you.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:26 pm 

Ok well I do not have a deductable and how much was buyback??

Tyler,

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:23 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
Ok well I do not have a deductable and how much was buyback??

Tyler,
Buyback for me was like $240. It will vary depending on your insurance company.