4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:04 am 
Some call me a god

The kill zone......

It's a cool place to talk about our exploits when we're out there having fun with our cars. :) I'm seeing that there are some of us who for one reason or another misuse the meaning of a kill. What we do on the road is reprehensible to many, but by the grace of god... we are lucky enough to still be here and share our exploits with each other.

Now......

We... are fortunate enough to have firgured out a great way, to take a tin can, stuff it with a modifiable motor, and basically beat the law of probablitiy......

ie: "It's highly probable, that i'll beat that B16/EVO/STi..etc, and leave him for dead"

"It's highly probable that from 0-130mph I'll have a DECENT chance of pulling a door or two on that Lambo/Porsche/Z06/ in the 1/2 mile"

It's highly probable, that given less traffic, the knowledge that there are NO COPS, NO CARS, and no deers crossing the highway, most high of todays high dollar heavy hitting sportscars can and will just about DESTROY our cars given all the variables above are met

It's the just law of GEARING... And basic physics at work here...

"You can't turn a HO into a housewife", right?

Same theory holds true with a BRICK..... A brick is a brick.... Stuff a high horsepower motor into it, and it's a high horsepower brick with limited gearing and no advanced aerodynamic properties :-?

The FLIP SIDE of the coin to "probability theory" is this.

"If I didn't have two kids, a mortgage and a wife", I'd run that guy again in the Turbo "whatever it is", and wouldn't let off till the far side of 185 mph"!!!!

In my "runs" with a Z06, Porsche GT2, and various bikes...... I did very well... but I'm not going to sit here and call ANYONE of those runs kills....

A KILL is when you and the OTHER DRIVER, drop hammers and he turns into a DOT in your mirror. A kill certainly isn't you or him, edging each other by a door. That's just a "a damned good, and respectable run". That's not taking anything away from the author who might tells us about the run.

Tom "underdog" walking away from Gail in their white EVO was a kill.... and then some...

Jerry "lancerman" staying with that 05 GSXR1000 was a damned good and respectable run... I dont think there's many of us who can even come close to pulling that off. and if you can, you dont have the video to prove it.

For arguments sake, I ran with a GT2... From 85-145 he got boosted on pretty badly :twisted: on an early Sunday morning with light traffic.

However I wasn't going to fool myself into thinking it was a kill...... It's a f*cking $100,000 198 mph car! :o .

Hell his threshold for f*cking his life up racing a car that costs LESS than his engine was lower than my threshold for wanting to get a race.

But every now and then one of these guys in a the cars mentioned can and will remind us all of WHY they spent the money on their cars.
I'm sure on HIS FORUM, he mentioned how it was "amusing" that this little black turbo "whatever it is" pulled on him.......
I'm also sure that he also mentioned that when we pulled throuhgh light traffic, entered a straightaway..... How he left me for dead at 150 mph........

NOT TO KNOCK the younger guys on this board, but when you get older you start to see the world in a different light
If I was driving one of those high dollars cars, and the old "Mr Hyde" pulled up on me, I'd give him a run for his money up to point too. But at some point, the stakes are soooo high, that if something were to happen, your chances of coming out of it ALIVE, or even ARRESTED and very VERRRY high. when you're older, have other responsibilites, that are counting on you, you tend to not want to take it to that "next level"

So, when someone questions or even responds to "kill story" that was just a great run, don't take it to heart. A great is run is JUST THAT and nothing more.

I refuse to even think that any of us here would "hate" on another for having a great run.

:D

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:22 am 
The Silent Administrator

Want a sticky? :w00t:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:13 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Want a sticky? :w00t:
sure!

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:13 am 
CSM Expert

well put! =D>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:25 pm 

damn very nicely said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:35 pm 

Yes, very true, and us older guys understand completely. I haven't had a Kill yet, and I don't know if I ever will. But, I may have quite a few Good runs and maybe a Beat Em pretty good.

But a Kill, that takes alot fo balls and I don't know if I am up to it this late in life..LOL

92 Laser RS AWD

Post subject: Amen to that
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:29 pm 

Does boxing in an Acura RSX and leaving him for dead count as a kill or decent run or just plain lukcy? Honestly folks, it's the only way I can win sometimes, take a page right out of Dale Earnhardt Sr. racing handbook. The Acura driver was some pissed but that to me is also racing, knowing how to use your surroundings to your advantage when you know you are outpowered, for now. As for Mr. Hyde's post, he is right on the money. 8)

Post subject: Re: Amen to that
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:28 pm 
CSM Expert

Quote:
Does boxing in an Acura RSX and leaving him for dead count as a kill or decent run or just plain lukcy? Honestly folks, it's the only way I can win sometimes, take a page right out of Dale Earnhardt Sr. racing handbook. The Acura driver was some pissed but that to me is also racing, knowing how to use your surroundings to your advantage when you know you are outpowered, for now. As for Mr. Hyde's post, he is right on the money. 8)
i'm going to have to STRONGLY disagree with you there... sounds like you're "racing" in rush-hour traffic which isn't racing at all. it's called pure stupidity :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:10 am 

Aren't we in a mood? Nice talking to you as well. Perhaps coming back to this board isnt as important as I thought.

To add to the story, we were rolling about 20 kmh for starters, then ran up to about 40 kmh, then I saw cars up ahead, obviously he did not. As for rush hour, not a chance, I think I know better. You need to polish up your internet manners skills Mr. Ninja and stop assuming people are "stupid". Makes you look just the same. :finga:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:15 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Dee dee dee daa daa daa dee dee dee. Gentlemen, it is safe to say that we don't promote street racing when it will affect others, but even still it is "street racing". netninja2001 was just pointing out something and now we have clarification. I can attest to gettting a little box happy under similar circumstances while driving my unlablelled shuttle some days. *Twiddles thumbs nervously* :shhh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:05 pm 

ITA flying eagle, And lots of times I will slow down and pace another car just to keep the cowboys behind me from doing something they may regret. I say sometimes... I realize we do not condone street racing, but I want one person on this board to step up and say they have NEVER done it and will not ever do it and be honest about that. Every single person on this board has dropped the hammer where they shouldn't have, Not to say it is right, but it does happen. There is a street racing board for Toronto Ontario where this debate rages on and on, the good guys versus the bad guys, its like a soap opera sometimes. I am here to say this, we have all done it, get over it. Perhaps tomorrow we will be wiser and not drive that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:06 pm 

Besides, this is the "kill" zone, what is with all the drama? :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:56 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

very nicely said

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:54 am 

Amen Geoff!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:49 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

well put. bravo.