4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:06 pm 
Restricted Newbie

I am looking for some fellow Colt owners in Atlanta or it's surrounding areas. I live in Oakwood (South of Gainesville). My Colt doesn't run very well (dead battery and bad tranny) but my Mazdaspeed gets me from point A to point B. Let me know. I am new to this forum but I am eager to get the Colt going fast.

---2003 Mazdaspeed Protege Spicy Orange #1660
---1987 Dodge Colt Vista
:stickman:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:55 pm 
CSM Junkie

What's up man. I live in Kennesaw, GA and have an original 89 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo with the 4G61T. There are a few other turbo colts/mirages in my area. They all have the 4G63T, except me. lol And there is one that is even AWD. There is a local shop in Woodstock, GA called 4GPerformance. They do sick work and they have the AWD mirage and one other turbo one. How far is Gainesville from Kennesaw? We could meet up... I go cruising on Barrett Parkway every weekend, and go to Import Atlanta every month. Just let me know man. My name is Ricky. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:58 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Well it's a drive at about an hour. It's north of Buford about 15 mins. Mine definately couldn't make that kind of a drive in it's condition now but hopefully in the near to slightly longer future it'll be cherry again.

Some dude from Import Atlanta and my friends on Mazdas247.com are gonna be at Tribble Mill Park in Lawrenceville on the 27th. Anyhow, thanks about the shop. I'll give them a call.

I used to work at a place in Kennesaw. Jasper Lumber and Components. Their trucks have a Black and Yellow Stripe on the hood. They are located off of Summer Street near the airport. We could meet but I'd drive my Mazdaspeed Protege.

---1987 Dodge Colt Vista

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:53 pm 
CSM Junkie

Alright man, sounds good. Yeah give them a call they will be able to help you with anything you need for your Colt. Just let me know when you want to meet up, my weekends are normally free. You go to any local cruise/ car hangout spots?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:03 pm 
Restricted Newbie

The Mazda club usually meets at the Brunswick Zone off of Mansel on Thur. at 8:30. That's the only usual ones I do. There is one coming up in Lawrenceville at Tribble Mill Park on the 27th. Some dudes from Import Atlanta are gonna be there but I am sure this is just a Mazda meet. So, other than that... My weekends are free usually too. If you are ever up in Buford or Gainesville let me know ahead of time.

---1987 Dodge Colt Vista

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:46 pm 

Hey guys...I'm from Chattanooga but I may be in that area next weekend (26th+27th) with my colt. Let me know if you are gonna meet up and maybe I'll drop by if I do make it down there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:03 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Well if you guys go to the "1st/2nd Gen" section, I posted pics up there. Mine works but needs jumping here and there and doesn't run smoothly. Anyhow, hit me up. I am busy on the 27th but let me know regardless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:42 pm 

I'm south of Atlanta. My car currently has the intake manifold off and is getting a new starter. I also want to redo some of the wiring and fix a couple more things before I put it back on the road.