4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:51 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: 4g63 swap legal in Cali?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:25 pm 
Restricted Newbie

What up guys, I've been a dsm freak for years now, dragged, autoxed, and even codrove hillclimb and pro rally events in a gsx. I'm moving to cali in two months and can't think of anything I want more than a 4g63 mirage/colt. Obviously there are some owners out thereor this regional forum wouldn't work but is it legal. I have been researching my butt off and so far understand that as long as the engine ie. 4g63t donor is newer than the mirage, and has all of the emissions control stuff, it's all good? Also there was all this mumbo jumbo about Smog Referees and CARB numbers. Can anyone clear this up for me? If you have a legal swap in Cali I would appreciate all info!! Thanks guys, reply or even email me

bengrider@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:56 am 
BANNED FOR FRAUD

I have a swap in progress, and there are a few others as well. The swap is legal. Just no backdating parts, and make sure all emissions equipment is in place. You WILL need to get it ref'ed or else a smog station won't even touch it unless you have some sort of deal with the guy. Ref'ing it just involves you driving the car down there and providing them with possibly some documentation. Mainly they just want to see that everything is in place and that it passes their sniffer test. After that the info is permenently added to the cars DMV record so it won't be a hassle in the future. There are no CARB numbers unless you plan on using aftermarket parts with CARB exemptions.