4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:59 am 
CSM Junkie

Im in Los Angeles and I was wondering if all you cali guys can help me out. I hear a bunch of you guys can find 1G's in pick a parts pretty easy but when I go, all i find is the non turbo ones and the 1.8l ones. Where can I go to find 4G63T's, side mounts, or etc? Which pick a part do you guys go to that are great? i've been to only two and both don't really have anything I need

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:54 pm 
BANNED FOR FRAUD

miragegs seems to be the best at this. If I remember correctly there was one yard in peticular that always seemed to have a good selection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:42 pm 

i guess it depends how far you want to drive. the pick your part in sunvalley is the biggest but lots of people go to that one so its a bit harder find a turbo car that has not already been stripped.

i like to go the ones in willmington off PCH. they have two pick your parts just down the street from each other and fewer people frequent them.

i plan on visiting them tomorrow morning i'll let you know if i find anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:22 am 
CSM Junkie

Sun Valley was one of the ones I went to. I couldn't find a turbo model. Only the regular ones. But I did find a couple of 1.5L colts. The other one I went to was the one on peak, near the 605 fwy, but that place isn't all that great. I couldn't really find anything of my interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:27 pm 

yah there were three turbo 1g's at the Pick yourpart in willmington. one was in the primo yards for that one i closed the hood and ripped out the hood opening thing inside the car so no one would get to it. the engine looked good although it was missing stuff, but the block and head were still there. one of the other 1gs had gotten wet under the hood so everything was rusted. the third one was mostly complete. I didnt check for sidemount ic's, but i dont think there was piping. you better go like today or tomorrow morning cuz there is 50% sale till sunday and things fly fast during the sales.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:28 pm 
CSM Junkie

I just came back from pickapart and today was the last day of the 50% sale. couldn't find any 1g side mounts or engine. the closes thing was a empty short block which only had the cylinder walls and crankshaft. NO PISTONS, NO HEAD, and a seemed to be cracked valve cover. guess noone wanted the complete head. There were a few more CSM's there then I have expected. I also met these other guys in the parking lot. I was going to my car and they jumped out of their car(4 guys) and they looked like they were going to do some good damage for my car. haha. but they just said, yo, is that the turbo edition?!?! and i said yeah, you know about these? and they went crazy. they said so much info about it and the 63T's. Made me feel like i don't even know anything at all. Thoes guys plan to make a 4 wheel drive hatch, turbo of course. Oh yeah, they also mentioned that there was a yellow turbo CSM way in the back. But i didn't spot it. I guess i should have went all around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:31 am 

a turbo csm? i didnt see that, i went up and down the whole yard. which one did you go to? i may have some time to go back of tues. it'll be hard to work on though since there will be water everywhere.

you shoule have checked the primo junkyard inside the PYP on blinn st. there was a silver 1g eclipse with a white hood with a head and block. thats the one i locked the hood on, but the only bad thing is though the primo yard charges you way more for any part that you get, but if you give it some time most of the cars in the primo yard get sent to the regular yard where they charge only about half as much.

-alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:06 pm 
CSM Junkie

I didn't see it, but the guys I met said they saw it all the way in the back where the domestic cars are at or something. I stoped looking when I hit mainly domestic/vans/trucks. I was at the one north of Blinn st, not the SW one. I didn't go the the primo yard though.