4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:50 pm 

hey, just wanted to introduce myself to the forums! I recently purchased an 89 Summit off craigslist. pretty clean body. runs well, just needed a little TLC in the form of an oil change, new alternator and fuel filter. I know im a little late to the CSM party but better late than never eh?

the 4g15 motor runs strong, and everything else is in great condition.. besides a few interior panels and dash(the Vegas sun just kills old plastic.)

Looking forward to building my car into a AWD beast, with the help of this awesome forum!

ps: not only a noob to CSM but to cars in general, but that doesnt mean im not handy with the tools :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:52 pm 
The happy administrator

Welcome to THE site for csm's. As you're just starting off, I strongly suggest grabbing a factory service manual off ebay. You'll be able to take your car completely apart and reassemble it using it, don't bother with a chilton/haynes/etc, they're like the cliff notes of a real manual and they usually cost just as much.

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:12 am 

Hey buddy! Welcome to our humble abode. I was so excited when I stumbled across this site 4 years ago back when I had my first Colt (which ironically is in the for sale section right now). This site has it all man. We have tons and tons of information that you'll need to get your project done right and if there is something that you're not 100% clear on we have multiple CSM/DSM veterans here as well. Don't ever feel embarrased or timid to ask even the simplest of questions because we've all been in your shoes. I myself have owned 4 CSMs of different types. One thing is that you'll need to add your location into your profile under the user control panel located on the upper right hand side of your screen (it's a forum rule ;-)). But as I said, welcome! Have fun!

Caleb 3/17/12 8 lbs 15 ozs 20 inches

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:05 pm 
CSM O.G.

welcome to the site man. Like they've already said, don't be afraid to ask a simple question. I still have to be reminded of the little stuff and I have been around for longer than I care to say.

Post some pictures of your car!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:44 am 

Oh man! All these welcoming vibes make me even happier to be part of this community!

Thanks for the advice on getting a shop manual.. too bad i already got a haynes >:/ which is going to be returned as soon as i get the time. And as for the questions, I have too many to even remember, but soon enough these boards will be flowing with them lol.

ahh yes, pics will definitely come. just wanna do a little bit of TLC in the form of claying and trim refinishing.

Anyway you guys are awesome and you can count on hearing from me again verrry soon!