4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:54 pm 

get well soon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:10 pm 

Thanks to those that have called, texted or said a prayer for me. I actually had a good day today. Ended up going to church tonight for the first time in a while. I rocked back and forth on the pew the entire time, towards the end when the preacher started asking if anyone wanted to come up to the altar I immediately jumped up without even thinking. I have no shame at all, I am a 33 year old man and I cried like a baby for about 15 minutes. I honestly could not stop. I'm telling you guys, it was amazing. I know that I have put my faith on hold for a while now. Our church fell apart a few years ago and honestly it left me kinda bitter. I planned to look for a new church but never did and kept making excuses. Lately God has been dealing with me and I couldn't run any longer.

I'm not sure how many of you are Christians or believe in God but if you don't I strongly suggest giving God a chance. I posted my # above if anyone wants to call and talk.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:37 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I really hope you will get better.
My better half is sending you good wishes too, she read your story.
We send you lots of good energy from Croatia!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:40 am 

glad your feeling better chris.. I would of texted but I lost your number when I moved last year.

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 am 

Thanks Gizmo, tell your wife/girl friend thanks too. Steve, I posted my # somewhere in this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:55 pm 

ahh probably in one of them 4 page posts lol.. I normally dont read the long ones as I get a headache :rolleyes: ..but glad your doing better non the less.. and hope u have a full recovery.

on a side note.. I call first dibs on your car if you cant complete it lol... JK.

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:22 pm 

Haha, and how do you plan to get it to Az with no rear end in it?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:25 pm 

same as with no engine.. trailer it hehe..where theres a will theres a way....might have to rob a bank first to fund it tho.. but all in good time :supz:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:34 pm 

Another small update, I am feeling much better these days and my blood sugar has been under control for a while now. I can already tell that my energy is coming back. Stupid me used to wonder why I was always so tired, I chalked it up to being over 30 but I was wrong. I'm sure my sugars were constantly over 200 (probably higher) and that was the cause.

My new Doctor which I really like BTW put me on insulin last week. Even though my body still produces insulin he wanted to give my pancreas a break for a little while. I had another checkup today and they did some more blood work so I will hear back from that tomorrow. I know my Hemoglobin A1C went down some but I'm not sure how much.

I'm still having the stomach pains but other than that the other symptoms are gone. My wife is out for the summer (she works in the school cafeteria) and we are walking a few times a day after meals which really seems to be helping. I have lost about 12 lbs, down to 193. I would like to lose at least 8 more to get to 185 but we'll see. I have my appetite back now so it'll be a little harder.

We are still going to church and praying/reading the bible daily and I know its helping. Funny story and this may mean nothing to some of you but to me it was a sign. Call me crazy if you want. On Wednesday night it was raining and the power was out at church when we got there. Well we all sat around talking and they finally decided to start service because we didn't know when it would come back on. Well we all gathered around the altar and prayer requests began, the preacher has prayed for me every time since we started going. I wasn't sure if I was going to ask to be prayed for again but after he had prayed for like 10 others and asked if there was anyone else and my hand immediately went up again and I made my way to the front. Keep in mind the church was pretty dark. After a few minutes of praying I opened my eyes and at that very second the power came back on and the entire place lit up.

To all of my friends here, I ask that if there is something missing in your life and you don't go to church please give it a try. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:07 pm 
Negative Nancy

Dont quite know about this.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:33 am 
Negative Nancy

I was talking about the lights going out thing. I would of been weirded out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:11 pm 
The happy administrator

Use the insulin sparingly if at all possible, giving your pancreas a break is good but you don't want it to get lazy and then get stuck taking a shot a couple times a day for the rest of your life. The power of group meditation is a real and powerful thing. Praying with others in church is a form of it. Personally, I'm not a believer in any organized religion but I do believe in a force and flow of people and forms of energy. The power of your own mind is amazing, in nearly every case study ever done, just thinking that you're getting better actually helps you get better, being around others with the same mindset is almost as good as any drug. Relax, meditate, focus on the bad and imagine it getting better. Being around others (church, family, friends) that wish the same for you will do you a ton of good.

Remember, it never hurts to lay down in the grass and watch the clouds go by.

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:02 pm 

The insulin that he put me on is not the traditional insulin. I take a small dose just before I go to bed. I have been taking a diabetic medication for years that basically squeezes my pancreas and milks the insulin out of it, at least that's the way it was explained to me. He said by me taking insulin manually for a while that it will give my pancreas a break. After a while it should start prodicing more insulin and I can stop taking the shots. My blood sugar readings have been perfect using this very small dose of insulin but I have been making better choices in my eating habits as well.

You are correct in saying that your mind has a lot to do with it. I remember my grandfather had cancer back in the late 90's and was going to Duke for treatments. Towards the end of his treatments the doctors told him it was shrinking and he was getting better. He was actually back to his old self again for a while and things were looking up. Sadly he went back for a checkup, they ran more tests and said it had spread. He lost all hope and it was down hill from there and he died shortly afterwards. In my heart I feel that if they would have kept that from him or continued to tell him he was getting better he would have lived a lot longer. He basically gave up after hearing the bad news.

I try to stay positive with my situation, take it day by day and focus on getting better. When I have bad days I pray and it helps me a lot. I actually made it to the junkyard today for the first time in weeks. I'm sure eating healthy and watching my sugars is helping a ton too. Thanks for the info man, I will watch the clouds today. :P

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:38 pm 

I haven't updated this lately and wanted to for anyone that still reads this. I am doing much better these days. We actually went down to the beach yesterday just to get away. It was so peaceful.

My blood sugar is still under control which is good. I called the other day and my Hemoglobin A1C was 8.1 which is still high but its an average of 3 months so by August/September it should be quite a bit lower. I'm down to 190 and like I said its getting harder to lose weight now that my appetite is back :D .

Still going to church, praying and reading the bible as well. My entire family has changed so much, not that we were really bad to begin with but I have noticed some changes for the better. Also since we are walking so much it gives my wife and I a chance to actually talk about things.

I appreciate all the prayers and words of encouragement from you guys. If anyone else needs prayer please don't hesitate to shoot me a pm or even call/text me. I don't need to know what your problems are unless you feel like disclosing them. If you simply want prayer that is fine and I will be more than happy to add you to mine.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:42 pm 

Get on, get up, come on get down with the sickness. You fruit and banana come on, come on get down with the sickness, madness is the gift that has been given to me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvxCK7mPfrw

Caleb 3/17/12 8 lbs 15 ozs 20 inches