Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Colt GTi 4G63 SUPERTOP
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:27 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Hi everyone!
I come from Croatia, Europe and I'm a big Mitsubishi fan! Image
At the moment i own two Mitsu. '09 Lancer and '90 Colt that has been a little modified.
I know that in America swapping engine and tuning up cars like this, you do for breakfast..
But here these cars are so rare that you could count them on your fingers..
If you find 4G63T here, it is like winning the lottery.. 4G61T doesn't exist here..

So here is one of my lottery wins \:D/
Few years back i come across a Colt GTi, Dubai edition, here in Croatia.
Only three of them were imported back in 90es, so you can image that these kind of cars are really rare here.
The engine was 4G61, 1.6 atmo with 125hp. Here are the pic of the car when it arrived.

As you can see the car was OK but the bad things was the paint that oxidised and windshield was scratched by wipers.
Dubai edition Colt has a glassy roof and air condition but no power steering.
In mean time we found Eclipse 1G from '91 with 4G63 turbo engine that wasn't originally installed but swapped with original 1.8L.
Eclipse wasn't in so good condition so we agreed to get the engine out and put it into Colt.
Here are the pics, they will best tell the story. :)

Here was the Eclipse:

And then the work on the cars began! :)
First it was the Eclipse. We had to get out all the parts that we needed for putting the engine in Colt.
Here how it starded! :)

First the engine.

The engine was out. We took the stock intercooler, wiring, oil cooler, half shaft (cant remember other name for then on english :D), power steering pump and some other thingies.

Then it was time to suit up the engine! :)
Ah yes, the problem here is that we don't have much parts for these cars so my only solution is Ebay and some stores in United Kingdom.
I got Fidanza alu flywheel, exedy stage 1 clutch kit and OBX crank pulley. And regular stuff, new strainer, belts, water pump etc etc.

Then it was Colt's turn :)
Back in the garage:

Get the engine out.

Then it was a wire party! :)
Had to add additional wires onto original wiring in Colt.

After putting it back in it was time for new engine to slip into a new suite :)

Patient survived :)

We made a hole for intercooler hose.

Fitted oil cooler.

Eat some :D

Putted temporary intercooler.

And we connected all the dots and started her up :)

And we putted power steering from Lancer GLXi and strut bars in front and in back of the car.
That was it for the first round. The main thing was to swap the engines. Now it was time for some cosmetic detailing :)
I painted those strips on all sides and ordered corner lights on ebay from '89 Eagle Summit. As you know the paint is horrible so i tried to freshen it up a bit by polishing it.
I want to do the hole new paint job but at the moment i work on the car as much as my paycheck allows me :)
So the polishing is a good option for now. Ah yes, i bought new rims and tires, fited the corner lights, 2.75" exhaust with only middle muffler, i bought brand new original windshield that came all the way from Japan :) , and here is the result.

Also bought Black Diamond brake pads and still waiting on Black Diamond drilled and grooved brake discs.

Now the plans are.. Bigger front mount intercooler, EVO 3 exhaust manifold, 16G turbo or bigger, 272 camshafts, larger injectors (now are stock 450cc), pipes, move car battery in the trunk, better BOV, complete paint job, windows tinting, some good shock springs, different steering wheel, race seats... and in time ill get some new ideas i think :)
Hope you enjoy this post, ill put news when i do some of the things listed above! :) For any questions just ask!
Cheers!!

Last edited by Gizmo on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:51 am 

That things gorgeous man, and welcome to the board! Definitely should browse around the For Sale section and get you a colt filler panel.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:07 am 
CSM Junkie

Cleaned up great. :drinkers:

Good call on changing to the the clear front running lights. If Tonus still had his mirage, he'd be all over those ugly orange ones. :lol:

'17 Fiesta ST

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:12 am 
Some call me a god

VERY impressive! You now have the fastest crap can in Croatia! HAHA! Welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:59 am 
2nd Banana

SUPERTOP!!! That car is sweet! It's weird to see one in overseas with a US-spec front bumper.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:28 am 

Thank you all :)
Quote:
That things gorgeous man, and welcome to the board! Definitely should browse around the For Sale section and get you a colt filler panel.
When i opened your "For Sale" subforum i was like this: Image Image
You guys are so luck.. So much stuff.. Turbos, 1.8, 2.0, 1.6.. What ever your heart wants.. I really should moved there.. :D

Yes many things i will have to get, fillter panel is one of them! But like i said.. geting parts for the car is only through ebay..
Quote:
Cleaned up great. :drinkers:
Good call on changing to the the clear front running lights. If Tonus still had his mirage, he'd be all over those ugly orange ones. :lol:
Yap i manage to find those clear ones on ebay from Eagle Summit! Payed around 140$ for them.. Dont let me get stared on price for flywheel :D
If anybody wants those ugly orange ones i have a ton of them :D
Quote:
VERY impressive! You now have the fastest crap can in Croatia! HAHA! Welcome to the forum.
Actualy no... :)
Here in Croatia we have only three Colt that have 4G63 turbo swap, including mine. All in possession of MTC (Mitsubishi Team Croatia).

The fastest Colt in Croatia is this one:

This one is proper monster :) (for us :D) And it is one of the three Colts with SUPER TOP (This one, mine and the orher red one).
Good friend of mine owns this one and he is a doctor for Mitsubishi in Croatia. :)
On 1/4 mile id does high 12sec. The turbo is stock 14B but all of the suff are made great (exhaust, BOV, fmic, pipes) so it is bloody fast.

Second 4G63T Colt was in original 4G15 so it is light (around 900kg)
You can see in the back the third SUPER TOP Colt (That one is regular 4G63 swap).

And thats it.. Three 4G63 turbo swaps in Croatia :)
Quote:
SUPERTOP!!! That car is sweet! It's weird to see one in overseas with a US-spec front bumper.
Idd.. Here is you see Colt GTi (which is rare) its usually with Europian bumpers. Only those two and mine that i posted up are with this bumpers (for Arabic markets i beleave).

Btw i just sow this :D :D

http://www.4g61t.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=32393

I know those guys and some one asked there "where those wheels on that silver mirage came from?!" :D :D
Well there you have it. I posted that Mirage up here and now those wheels are on my Colt :)
I believe they are AEZ.

Last edited by Gizmo on Tue May 03, 2011 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:41 am 

Glad to see you made it over here man! I told you we would be jealous of that super top. I'll trade you a colt filler panel for it. :loco:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:48 am 

Hehe tempting offer but i think i'll pass this time.. :wink: :wtg:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:00 pm 
2nd Banana

Wow, you guys have some nice cars over there. I'm jealous.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:51 pm 

awesome, wheres my big up for pointing you this way!! lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:46 pm 

Welcome man, those COLT are simple amazing.

In so many wayS i fell like you, i mean here in Costa Rica, are only about 5 Colt GT. So people in the strees ask a lot of things about them and is nice, but there is no much people to share the pasion for this little gourgeous machines.

About your colt the red one the SUPERTOP! is one of the most beutiful (maybe the most) Colt I ever seen. Congratulations man.

The grey colt and Blue also nice Colts, very clean and with a lot of personality. Love the intercooler graphic and the decal of the Gray, is a realy nice colt.

:supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

Is an honor have those machine in the forum, the pics are going right to my Colt File, and the Red is goint to be my Wallpaper for a long time.

From Costa rica (google it if you don´t know where it is) PURA VIDA! LOS MEJORES COLT QUE HE VISTO EN MUCHO TIEMPO.

P.S. You have a very good english,(mine is terrible) what lenguage speak in Croatia?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:04 pm 
CSM Junkie

I have these same wheels for my silver Mirage sitting in my garage. They are from a Galant GS-X here in the States.

Good job on your car, good attention to detail! Keep her clean.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:15 am 

@cheaptalon - Here it is called Galant GTi :) Thank you.

@redcoltcr

Thank you man! :wtg: I really appreciate it!
I see you understand how its like to be in minority! :)
But it is a good feeling when you see Honda driver faces when you pass them :D
Few times people knocked on my window when I was standing on traffic light and asked me what the heck was that!? :lol:
Btw if you want a high resolution pic for wallpaper just let me know :P
I know were Costa Rica is (my uncle was working on a cruiser that stayed on CR).
And in Croatia we speak Croatian! :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:47 pm 
Some call me a god

Wow what a transformation! Keep up all the good work.

A lot of good things come out of Croatia, including my pistol. :rock:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:36 pm 

http://www.streetfire.net/video/mitsubi ... 104573.htm

Here is a video clip of making the silver Colt and some clips from drag race.
It bas back in 2006. Silver Colt in clips (drag race) was 4G63. Not turbo. Turbo came after that :)