4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:44 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

It more just to say it can be done then anything. I have the time It would be atleast another year befor I can get the motor built like I wanted to. I had the best parts but when I found this deal on the 2g I had to sale everything I had just to pay for the car. I had a set of R&R alum rods. HD1400 12:1 pistons I was going to build that for the 1g but like i stated I parted everything to get this clean car. only has if I rember right 84,000miles on the car as well. I think I would like to build an alum rod motor. I might just try to get another set maybe some 10:1 pistons. pure E85 only car

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:17 pm 

News is good. I just got the motor back 1g rods evo 9 pistons 22mm wrist pins. arp rod/main bolts. Dsmgraveyard rings crome moly. Acl tri metal bearings. I got everything but the motor out the intake/exhaust mainfold are both off. The more time I spend on it the farther away I feel from geting it done.The is still alot to do. Dsms are in my blood I wont be done anytime soon with them. Call me crazy but I am here to stay.

Tyler

91 Eagle talon gt4202 powerd stock block 26psi

97 Eagle talon way to many mods to list

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:29 pm 

Well there was some more bad news but it was not my fault you can thank dsmgraveyard for this one they sent the rings in platic bageys they had the second ring labled as first and first labled as second I made a thread on the hole problem. So now the ring gap is going to be .020 top. second .020 I hope this will work since they are not going to help me out. I did give them a little hate email over this as well. So the motor is back at the shop will be done next wen He is a very busy shop self owned and he is the only one that works there. I would recomend him to anyone. I will try to get some pics up shortly.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:58 pm 

I am sorry for not updating it. The car was up and running for a few weeks then the shearer exhaust mainfold cracked sent it the them I am now waiting on that to get back it is not there fault. I guess the person that ownerd the car had some compant place the waste gate tube in a diffremt spot to help with fitment on the car. The 2.3 is back in the car. I also had some problems with the wiring fixed everything. I also order STM brake upgrade to run the cobra calipers and rotos. I make sure to get some new pics up soon. I also pickded up a rear diff cover made by front line fabrications hes a member on dsmlink. the diff cover is made out of 1/4 steel I am sure I wont be able to break that. I hope with my tax return to give shaft masters a call and pick up there 2 part 2g drive shaft as well. is replaces the back part as well unlike dss that only replaces hafe of it. Besides all that I been busy working nothing else new to report at this time.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:31 am 

I will try to post some pics up tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:50 am 
Some call me a god

Reading through this thread gives me a headache. Proof reading is a good thing, please do it. :-?

I'm a little lost on why you don't part out the turbo and intake mani setup and get a good built motor in there and throw on a HX40 and make 600whp? It's going to be hell trying to spool that turbo with a 2.0 that can't rev to the moon. Good luck with your build though, I hope it turns out good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:07 pm 

Yes I should go back over my stuff a little better. I guess I didnt say it clear anuff but I endup rebuilding the 2.3 and puting it back in the car. I am not really worried about the spool it can not be worse then the stock 2.0 and the gt4202 I had on it.

and some more

Shearer still has not set a date in stone yet. So I do not know when I will be geting the mainfold back. I would like to see it on the road with in the month. There is still alot of snow around here so waiting does not seem so bad knowing I shouldn't drive it yet anyways.
Maybe I posted the pics befor when I was swaping out the other motor. I took a few of the int and the rest of the car but the girl friend has my camera I will try to get it back from her later tonight.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:38 pm 
Some call me a god

Can't believe I didn't see this thread before. Car is sick! I have heard a few people taking about this car in Indy, hope to see it out this year. Do you have any idea what kind of times it is going to put out? Are you going to put all the safety equipment in it?
Individual Health Insurance

Last edited by aaronsbig16g on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:59 pm 
The happy administrator

Quote:
Very nice! I'm good friends with Albert (the guy who runs DV/DT), we grew up together. His parts are awesome. Did you by any chance by that car from a dude named Kevin?

Maybe you can ask him why his parts cost waaaaay too much. I really really really want one of his intakes but $1200 is an insane price considering you can buy all the flanges premade.

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd