4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:34 pm 
Digital Baby Troll

I've just heard the 7 bolts crankwalk and that the 6 bolt is a stronger plat form. I'm sure someone on here who has done 5 or 6 swaps will throw you their number. Nice work on cleaning the thing up and that engine hoist looks a little familiar, I'm going to go check my garage. :-?

-John

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:08 pm 

If the only reason people dont swap 7 bolts in is because of the crank walk then I should sell this 6 bolt and get a 7 bolt that is ready to be dropped in and ran...the crankwalk is more netorious on AWD and occurs most often when people use 2600 pressure plates...I will never be AWD nor use a pressure plate that strong.

If you bought your hoist at Harbor Freight then I would say that this is exactly like yours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:26 pm 
Digital Baby Troll

Thats just been my general inpression on why the motor isn't used, there's probably better reasons I just don't know them, I get to cheat, mines an original turbo so easy swap 8) And yeah its harbor freight, amazing place for cheap tools that sometimes turn out to be good ones.

-John

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:44 pm 
Some call me a god

I'd use 91+ engine and harness if posible. The 4g63 should be from a 1g DSM, (6 or 7 bolt), for the sake of engine mount pointss . The only thing you need from a 90 is the coil pack, for the tach. Search some more.

Last edited by j2dapo on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:08 pm 

What's the difference between the 90 engine and the 91+?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:14 pm 
Digital Baby Troll

The sensors I believe, I'm doing a swap to a 93-94 4g63t motor out of something (JDM) and in-order to plug and play with my 4g61t harness I need to put all 90 DSM parts and sensors on it plus run a DSM ECU. So pretty much the throttle body and thermostat housing are all that I'm needing to change. Plus it seems the 91+ motors don't run the same vacuum system. I'm just guessing so if anyone actually knows feel free to chime in.

-John

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:22 pm 

Well here it is in all its dirty, rusty glory. The head has rat crap in it but I am having the head rebuilt with new BC valves, springs and 280 cams.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:01 pm 

HELPPPPPP

2 of the head bolts are stripped...how do I get them off?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:15 pm 

I have reached a point where I have done all that I can with out the necessary parts to put it back together. I would like to change out the shifter and use an eclipse shifter but I dont have the capabilities to fab up an adapter for it. I sit here looking at it just dazed and confused...I dont know, maybe Ligo can fab up an adapter.

My ebrake handle looks like crap so thats being swapped out too. Once I get the brake handle on and the shifter either replaced or this one cleaned I will be able to buy new premolded carpet and drop that in. Should make the interior real nice with new carpet...I have decided on black carpet for sure. Once the GT harness is in place I can put the AC/Heat back in tighten it all up and put the dash back in...I really wanted a better dash as this one is all cracked but not paying an assload for a skin...I might try some fiberglass and resin first and sand it down and see how that looks.

This project has really gotten deaper then I thought it would, I didnt think the interior was as bad as it was but then again the only time I looked at the car was at night so I never got a really good look at it. Either way I have decided not to give up on this project just yet. I thought I was going to get the engine done first but with the difficulty it has been trying to find someone to pick it up and take it down there I might have to work on the suspension, brakes, interior and fuel system first...oh yeah, have to get the exhaust taken care of too...from what I have read the exhaust from a GS-X will work...I may have to try it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:38 am 

Well the good news is that the engine is just fine, rotates freely and no rust in the cylinder walls. Still waiting on some other parts before the interior goes back in, but once that is done I will be much happier. I have considered giving up on this project already because I saw a DSM for sale for next to nothing that might be a bit more fun. All it needs is an engine which I have. I don't know...I might just get the DSM and hold on to it until I am ready to build it up.

I still need GT motor mounts and what ever tranny mount goes to a DSM tranny. I will also needs the clutch master cylinder that fits these cars since I dont have one, which car did that come off of?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:58 pm 

Well just as fast as the colt came it will now be leaving. I purchased a DSM at a price I couldn't pass up. It also runs which is a plus for me and I should enjoy this a bit more. Any parts that I have are for sale so if anyone needs anything let me know.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:35 pm 

Here it is...sitting outside my house...it starts and runs but will need a tune up or something...it has horrible low end power...maybe a bad turbo...I dont know. Will have to get in to it this weekend. And no, I am not stripping shit apart nor do I care to...if its not something I can figure out then down to princeton it goes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:43 am 

how is the project>?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:39 am 

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont sell the colt keep both you have made it so far already its not time to turn back your more then half way there and i have an ass load of parts i can help you get it done man you have gone too far!!!!! and i promise you i have had both awd and fwd dsms and still by far my csm has always given me a boner even with a stock 14b. ha ha