4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Hello everyone.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:20 pm 
Restricted Newbie

I just joined this site, I was looking it over and it looked very interesting and I hope to gain some knowledge from it. I live in the US, in Seattle, Wa. Anyways, I joined because last week I purchased an '89 Mitsubishi Mirage. Let me warn everyone, I don't know a single thing about these cars! From the reading that I did on here a few minutes ago, I remember words like 1st gen, 2nd gen, c10, some sort of motor (gb something)? So, yeah, pretty confused right now and trying to learn as much as possible. I will be posting pictures of the car as soon as I get it towed home. Yes, it has no motor. My plans are to build a 4g63, drop it in, and make my little shoe go fast! :supz: Ok, well hello to everyone and hopefully I can get the project started. Later!

Post subject: Re: Hello everyone.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:29 pm 
Some call me a god

The car you have is a 3rd Gen CSM (colt, summit, mirage). Don't worry.....you'll have the lingo down in a short while. :D

Do you know if your car *was* a turbo? Most likely it had a 1.5 liter (4g15) motor, so swapping in a 4g63 will take some preparation as far as motor mounts, wiring harness, and ECU. You will find a lot of information by searching around on here.

Welcome to the club! Always nice to have another member. By the way, you do have a few members located in your area, and that becomes helpful. Unless you live in Idaho...then you're screwed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:40 pm 
2nd Banana

Please put your location in your profile.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:03 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
The car you have is a 3rd Gen CSM (colt, summit, mirage). Don't worry.....you'll have the lingo down in a short while. :D

Do you know if your car *was* a turbo? Most likely it had a 1.5 liter (4g15) motor, so swapping in a 4g63 will take some preparation as far as motor mounts, wiring harness, and ECU. You will find a lot of information by searching around on here.

Welcome to the club! Always nice to have another member. By the way, you do have a few members located in your area, and that becomes helpful. Unless you live in Idaho...then you're screwed.
The car is an original turbo model. It's white with the black/red trim all around. Looks pretty sweet, old but sweet. It's missing the front bumper though, and the fender is blue and the hood is gray. It's pretty jacked up as far as the front end is concerned. You say there's other members around my area? That's cool, considering I'm not only new to this site, I'm also new to the area.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:03 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
Please put your location in your profile.
Got it, thanks for reminding me.