4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:47 pm 
Some call me a god

Wiring is keeping this build in slow-mo. Got the DSM harness, power window/door locks, and AC in. The door cars are blue :x. Now I need to build a adapter harness to go between the DSM engine harness and the Colt Dash harness. Those that have done the wiring swap did you place the ECM MPI relay on the right side?

Near perfect dash, swapped out the vin plate too. :heart:

Other side of DSM harness, see the AC evaporator sticking out.

EBay baby! Hope is lasts.

Last edited by j2dapo on Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:41 pm 
Some call me a god

Well its been a tough day for me because I got laid off 1 1/2 days before going on 2 weeks vacation. So instead of pondering too much on the situation I decided to work on the summit and take some pics, (after I sent out a couple resumes).

FWD/AWD switchable installed and waiting on the metal mount. I need to figure a way to stop the fluids from draining out the transfer case?

C50PH EX8181 on top and MD720131 underneath

Hit up the wrecker and scored a 3 spoke telescoping steering wheel, and an under seat tray. I (mostly) finished the wiring and started to put the interior back together. I need to get a timing cover and install the timing belt, never done one of those before.

Pics can be viewed here, taken with my new IPhone :finga:
http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q4/j2dapo/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:55 am 
Some call me a god

Wow sucks that updates are so far apart. I'm working again, I was off all of Aug & Sept, the weather was nice and I got to work on this build in between sending out resumes and going to interviews.

I wish I've fully assembled the 2L before installing it because doing the timing belt/front cover/alternator with the 4g63 in is a PITA!! I spent hours removing mounts and jacking the block up in the air in order to install the pulleys and that long alternator bolt. Bolting up the IM is a big pain too... :rolleyes:

Any how I got that all done, I installed the TB, picked up a J-Pipe some couplers and mocked up some IC piping that I had welded up. The IC will be short route and I still need to hack up the front bumper.

I'll post some pics in the next days...

94 Audi s4 - sold
88 Eagle Vista Turbo LX sedan, RIP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:44 am 
Some call me a god

There a lot stuffed in the front of this car, cause I want A/C. That metal trim piece that goes across is very hacked up.

2 9" pushers + lots of trimming of the rad support and head light area but the IC fits.

Some piping.
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q4/j ... CT0521.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q4/j ... CT0522.jpg

And IC
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q4/j ... CT0520.jpg

Its really tight and I hope there going to be enough of the bumper left to look OEM. The bumper will cover most of the IC but it doesnt matter much now cause this car rides on jack stands when parked and its almost Christmas. I get more pics of the hacked bumper when I get to it hopefully this weekend.

94 Audi s4 - sold

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:37 am 
Some call me a god

Isn't it already snowing up there in Canada? I've been biting my nails lately. Anyways, looks like a really tight fit right now....leave enough room to check the oil :lol: j/k

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:12 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Quote:
There a lot stuffed in the front of this car, cause I want A/C. That metal trim piece that goes across is very hacked up.
Want to sell that grill ???

scot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:31 pm 
Some call me a god

The grill will cost thousands and will come with a car. But it's not for sale yet.

It's getting some what cold, especially at night, and the days are really short compared to summer but it hasn't snow at all. It snowed early in October but it's like a desert here. Dry winter air.

During the day it warm enough to work on it with the garage door open. It won't get real cold till december. Then it'll be like that till may.

94 Audi s4 - sold

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:39 pm 
Some call me a god

Update!

Yup work on the engine and wiring is complete enough for a start. I went to turn it over a couple of nights ago and it cranks but theres no spark or fuel getting into the cylinders. I can hear the walbro easily ha ha, but I dont see any fuel pressure on the aeromotive regulator???

So, i have more work cut out for me. This car is a complete rewire; the only stock harness left on it is the headlight engine bay unit. The engine, dash, interior harnesses are all from different cars.

I'll search the web for a no fuel/spark condition on a 4g63t. With luck I'll have a break in video by weekend ends.

:drinkers:

94 Audi s4 - sold

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:30 pm 

Great build. BTW, on the Switchable trans, mine works great in my 1990. If you need to pull the trans apart and count the teeth for the ratio.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:10 am 
Some call me a god

Thanks for the props.

Started it up tonight. Im planning on running DSMap, however the two socketed eproms, (89&90) I have are both not happy. Luckily, I have a 92 unsocketed unit, and it fired up. Ran super rich because of the 1000cc injectors for a couple of minutes. Both socketed EPROMS I picked up from this board supposedly in running shape :-?

I notices a couple oil leaks one on the e316g feed line and the other on a cheap AN fitting Im using on the oil cooler. :evil: = more work.
Image Guess I should not have used ebay fittings - ha ha :cry:

Still need to hack up and mount the bumper. I got a nice RED one.... Once thats on I'll take it out for a break in run.

94 Audi s4 - sold

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:47 pm 
Some call me a god

1 1/2 years after I put this car up on stands in my garage.....

I pulled it out and took it out for a breakin sesson. Found in had no break lights. Its darn loud, hopefully this weekend that will be addressed. Car still needs work mostly interior stuff, windows break lights, no tach. Oh yeah and some paint ...... :supz: I take back what I said about the eproms I got from some members, its all good, just needed to add deadtime, gas, and timing = Starts well.

94 Audi s4 - sold