4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19 Next
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:22 pm 
The happy administrator

Wow, there's a lot of fruit and banana swearing in this fruit and banana thread, for fruit and banana sake people, enough with the fruit and banana swearing, fruit and banana!

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:46 pm 

[quote="mechacode"]Wow, there's a lot of fruit and banana swearing in this fruit and banana thread, for fruit and banana sake people, enough with the fruit and banana swearing, fruit and banana![/quote]

I totally fruit and banana agree

Steve

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:32 pm 

Quote:
Yesterday was rough...

got the courage to start pulling the car apart to find it F*cked up alot more than I expected.

I started by yanking drivers side mount and went to pull the Crank pulley/Harmonic Balancer to notice that it was just sitting their, I figured GREAT all the bolt backed out which was a negative...

the bolts broke completely off in the crank gear also completely ******* up my cover.

A good buddy of mine is hooking me up with the Timing covers, Harmonic balancer, crank gear and the rest of the stuff...

The hole top of the Intake maniofld gaskets were completely gone so I decided to say F*ck the autozone gaskets and am going back to the mitsu gasket witha little copper spray on it.

I can use your guys help greatly, if any of you have a GM 3" maf that you are willing to get rid of for cheap I would be GREATLY interested in it. Mine broke and its the last major piece I'm going to need in effort to get this car on the dyno, I'm pretty broke right now after purchasing all the timing parts I needed so any help you guys can give me would be great

Andrew.
I have one and a MAFT if you want it. Just pm me what you want to give me for it and it is yours...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:07 am 
CSM Junkie

Hey, what's the word on this monster? :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:00 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

heres an update from about a week ago, the car should be back together tonight/tomorrow

When I got the car back together wednesday night ( getting ready for the dyno thursday) I started the car and heard *** KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*** and started searching for the issue with the car...

I thought of the possibility of flywheel bolts but took off the cover and tried to move it with no luck...

Cancelled the dyno appointment and got back along with searching...

On friday I Pulled the plugs and turned the car over and the knock went away, at that point I was pretty sure it had something to do with a main or a rod bearing, so I put a plug in cylinder one and it started to knock again, I than proceeded to do that on the rest of the cylinders and sure enough you could hear it clank in each cylinder... by this point I was PRETTY damn sure it was a main bearing, drained the oil but didnt really see anything to cause alarm.

So sure enough Yanked the motor, pulled the transmission only to find that the flywheel bolts had loostened from when the harmonic balancer let go..

I went home the happiest person yesterday.

the flywheel bolts dug in slightly to the flywheel on the front, and also the back, but I dont think its really " damaged" badly, I think its still re usable I did however pick up some ARP flywheel bolts that I will torque down to 110 FT lbs of torque.

last time I went to 95, with red loctite, That harmonic balancer out of balance must of really sent alot of vibration through the crank.

I can only hope that the black wasnt affected by this.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:20 am 
2nd Banana

Are you running an aluminum flywheel? If so, I'd recommend getting some longer bolts and putting washers behind them to prevent from that happening again. That's a very common issue with aluminum flywheels. FP sells a hardware kit that works really well at preventing this.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:02 am 

Quote:
Are you running an aluminum flywheel? If so, I'd recommend getting some longer bolts and putting washers behind them to prevent from that happening again. That's a very common issue with aluminum flywheels. FP sells a hardware kit that works really well at preventing this.
stock flywheel.

now with ARP's.

should work out well!
Andrew.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:07 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
good tip though for ppl who are....

thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:38 pm 
CSM Junkie

Whoa... 110 FT/LB for the flywheel bolts? :o What are the stock torque specs of the flywheel bolts?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:10 pm 

Are you still going to check your bearings? Having enough vibration to make the red loctite fail the crank may have moved around enough to touch a bearings too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:02 am 

Quote:
Are you still going to check your bearings? Having enough vibration to make the red loctite fail the crank may have moved around enough to touch a bearings too.
The car started up again last night and ran great, motor is inspected and looks well.
Andrew.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:58 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:
The car started up again last night and ran great, motor is inspected and looks well.
Andrew.
Nice! Post up some for videos. What changes did you make to your set-up?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:21 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Andrew.
Nice! Post up some for videos. What changes did you make to your set-up?
the only big difference on this setup now is a new oem harmonic balancer, a .98 AR hotside for the gt4202 and lastly the arp flywheel bolts,

The car should be out this weekend getting some tuning done permitting the car stays together my dyno date is set up for next thursday.
Andrew.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:13 pm 

Quote:
the only big difference on this setup now is a new oem harmonic balancer, a .98 AR hotside for the gt4202 and lastly the arp flywheel bolts,

The car should be out this weekend getting some tuning done permitting the car stays together my dyno date is set up for next thursday.
Andrew

TAKE VIDEO!!!! :popcorn:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:47 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:

Andrew

TAKE VIDEO!!!! :popcorn:
+1 i wanna see how bad this bish is!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19 Next