4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:50 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18 19 Next
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:00 pm 
CSM Junkie

Yeah, I would definitely swap to a smaller A/R on the hotside, and definitely go with 272 cams. These things will help you spool up your turbo of course, but have you hooked up the nitrous kit? A small spray will do wonders for helping spool your big snail... :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:15 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Quote:
Yeah, I would definitely swap to a smaller A/R on the hotside, and definitely go with 272 cams. These things will help you spool up your turbo of course, but have you hooked up the nitrous kit? A small spray will do wonders for helping spool your big snail... :twisted:
You and I are seeing Eye to eye on this, when you sit down and put it all together, I have the perfect setup If I'm looking to make 1000WHP and rev it to 10,000+ RPMS.

I do not need a 1.28 Hotside reving to 9k rpms, and I do not need 280's to only rev it to that RPM either...

The turbo is going to flow the air up top regardless of the smaller hotside or even the 272's, but it might take a little more boost to do it...

The big part of my setup that I know is killing me is this manifold, this revhard open t4 is going to flow a ton up top but I'm sure I'm also sacrificing a ton down low.

Granted going with the smaller cams/hotside is going to limit me around 850 ish WHP I'm not really horribly worried about it.
Andrew.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:41 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
Quote:
You and I are seeing Eye to eye on this, when you sit down and put it all together, I have the perfect setup If I'm looking to make 1000WHP and rev it to 10,000+ RPMS.

I do not need a 1.28 Hotside reving to 9k rpms, and I do not need 280's to only rev it to that RPM either...

The turbo is going to flow the air up top regardless of the smaller hotside or even the 272's, but it might take a little more boost to do it...

The big part of my setup that I know is killing me is this manifold, this revhard open t4 is going to flow a ton up top but I'm sure I'm also sacrificing a ton down low.

Granted going with the smaller cams/hotside is going to limit me around 850 ish WHP I'm not really horribly worried about it.
Andrew.
I run the BC 280's, Forrester Manifold, and Q45 throttle body on my GSX, and the low-end/mid-range is fruit and banana terrible, and I'm only on a PTE SCM6152E turbo, which is significantly smaller than a 42R. My powerband doesn't kick in until around 5,000rpm, and my response between shifts is a joke. I'd recommend swapping cams to start with, because it seems a lot of people complain about the powerband with these cams. Possibly going to a set of FP2's or HKS 272's would help, could also try going to a stock intake manifold and TB just to see what happens. I'm willing to bet that swapping to a smaller housing won't make a big difference.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:10 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Andrew.
I run the BC 280's, Forrester Manifold, and Q45 throttle body on my GSX, and the low-end/mid-range is fruit and banana terrible, and I'm only on a PTE SCM6152E turbo, which is significantly smaller than a 42R. My powerband doesn't kick in until around 5,000rpm, and my response between shifts is a joke. I'd recommend swapping cams to start with, because it seems a lot of people complain about the powerband with these cams. Possibly going to a set of FP2's or HKS 272's would help, could also try going to a stock intake manifold and TB just to see what happens. I'm willing to bet that swapping to a smaller housing won't make a big difference.
I completely agree, these cams have got to be kicking my ass. They would be a great cam if I was running a little smaller turbo, but with something this size its not working for me and I need it to. on a turbo this big I am going to have to see SOME change of manners on it from going with the 1.28 hotside to the .98 between the cams and the hotside I'm really wondering what my benchracing figures are gonna look like.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:36 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
I completely agree, these cams have got to be kicking my ass. They would be a great cam if I was running a little smaller turbo, but with something this size its not working for me and I need it to. on a turbo this big I am going to have to see SOME change of manners on it from going with the 1.28 hotside to the .98 between the cams and the hotside I'm really wondering what my benchracing figures are gonna look like.
Well I have a smaller turbo, and these cams still don't work that well for me. I'm thinking about swapping them out at some point and going back to HKS 272's. Hard to beat the quality of HKS and you can still make boatloads of power with them, people seem to really like the Comp Cams/FP2 grind a lot too.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:09 am 
Some call me a god

Changing the Hot side will wake it up alot. 1.28 is fruit and banana huge, we ran those 9.40 passes in our AWD with a .98 and when we went to a 1.15 the car went slower and made worse power. I would swap those first, then fruit and banana with the cams because the 42 needs the cams to make the power.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:42 pm 

Quote:
Changing the Hot side will wake it up alot. 1.28 is fruit and banana huge, we ran those 9.40 passes in our AWD with a .98 and when we went to a 1.15 the car went slower and made worse power. I would swap those first, then fruit and banana with the cams because the 42 needs the cams to make the power.
What were you revving the car to on those 9.40 passes?

what kind of boost were you running?

and how much power did the car make?
Andrew.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:45 pm 
Some call me a god

8800-9000 RPMs, 36-37 psi, 650whp (mustang Dyno)

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:52 pm 
Some call me a god

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMiZ7Y_tcJM

Thats this run here, you can see it bogs from 2nd to 3rd a little and alot from 3rd to 4th. It went 6.0@119 in the 8th on that pass so if we could have kept it spooled it would have been alot faster. Only reason we only went to 9000 is because the DSMlink V2 freaked out and would do weird shit over 8000, because it was only mapped that high. With that turbo, you either need to Rev to 10,000 RPMs or add some NAWZ. The only reason this car was quick is because of the DSM antilag working so well and it was just gnargly in the 8th mile which you would think it would just be better up top but that just isnt the way it worked.

When my car goes with a 72mm, Im doing a 10:1 compression 2.1 liter that will Rev.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:04 pm 

When my car goes with a 72mm, Im doing a 10:1 compression 2.1 liter that will Rev.[/quote]

:weedman:

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:12 am 

I spent yesterday night working on the car and found out a bunch of stuff about the car.

first of all, when the car was towed sunday morning the tow truck whacked the exhaust puting a huge dent in the flex pipe.

My oil pressure gauge is leaking oil.

I have a small coolant leak..

I changed my pressure tester from just using a valve stem and hose filler, to an actual air chuck that just dumps air into the intake track and it works 100% better than the other method...

I got pretty fortunate and found a massive leak in between the phenolic spacer and the intake manifold...

its losing ALOT of air, enough that with my other tester you couldnt hear it, now it just pours out of it.

I also pulled the Turbine housing off and its getting sent off today for a trade on a PTE .98 divided housing...

Hopefully between finding these two problems it should wake the car up quite a bit.
Andrew

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:49 am 
CSM Junkie

Awesome... yeah that .98 A/R is definitely going to help you out. Keep us posted! :supz:

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:48 pm 

Yesterday was rough...

got the courage to start pulling the car apart to find it F*cked up alot more than I expected.

I started by yanking drivers side mount and went to pull the Crank pulley/Harmonic Balancer to notice that it was just sitting their, I figured GREAT all the bolt backed out which was a negative...

the bolts broke completely off in the crank gear also completely ******* up my cover.

A good buddy of mine is hooking me up with the Timing covers, Harmonic balancer, crank gear and the rest of the stuff...

The hole top of the Intake maniofld gaskets were completely gone so I decided to say F*ck the autozone gaskets and am going back to the mitsu gasket witha little copper spray on it.

I can use your guys help greatly, if any of you have a GM 3" maf that you are willing to get rid of for cheap I would be GREATLY interested in it. Mine broke and its the last major piece I'm going to need in effort to get this car on the dyno, I'm pretty broke right now after purchasing all the timing parts I needed so any help you guys can give me would be great

Andrew.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:08 pm 
Some call me a god

PM sent.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:57 pm 
CSM Junkie

Update on this bad boy? :twisted:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18 19 Next