4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 1719 Next
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:03 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Quote:
Are you planning on bringing it to the Shootout? I know it is really far but man it would be awesome.
I'll be at the shootout this year for sure, August is only 3 months away!!!
Andrew.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:20 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:
Are you planning on bringing it to the Shootout? I know it is really far but man it would be awesome.
I'll be at the shootout this year for sure, August is only 3 months away!!!
Andrew.
cant wait to see you there i hope my turd is up and running by then, either way im going!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:40 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:

70% IDC through 1600's is more like 575-600WHP. at close to 100% IDC I believe Casey made 746 on e85 which puts me about right where I need to be... If the car was only making 450WHP on 25lbs out of the 42 Their would be something seriously wrong.

The setup isnt really horribly laggy, as long as it see's 9k I should be fine.
I guess it depends on what kind of dyno you are on. We made 730whp and that was on 100% duty cycle. So 70% of that is like 511 and you have to take into account you dont have much timing in it also so 450whp is probably pretty accurate. You have some pretty good 3rd gear logs so it must be hooking up pretty good. With 600whp 4th gear will peg the Rev limiter even at over 130mph and 5th will spin for quite a ways.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:45 am 
Some call me a god

What kind of injectors are you guys using that you are taking them to 100% IDC? I thought the highest you should take them is 85% and the absolute MAXIMUM you should run an automotive injector at is 90% give or take a few points.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:15 am 

Quote:
Quote:

70% IDC through 1600's is more like 575-600WHP. at close to 100% IDC I believe Casey made 746 on e85 which puts me about right where I need to be... If the car was only making 450WHP on 25lbs out of the 42 Their would be something seriously wrong.

The setup isnt really horribly laggy, as long as it see's 9k I should be fine.
I guess it depends on what kind of dyno you are on. We made 730whp and that was on 100% duty cycle. So 70% of that is like 511 and you have to take into account you dont have much timing in it also so 450whp is probably pretty accurate. You have some pretty good 3rd gear logs so it must be hooking up pretty good. With 600whp 4th gear will peg the Rev limiter even at over 130mph and 5th will spin for quite a ways.
No need to get in a bench racing argument over any of this... You have your opinion, I have redone all the fuel calculations and your definately right when you say its lower than I expected :)... If flowing by what you say is correct its somewhere around 540 ish... I would hope that I could make 700 by 35LBS or so which I think is pretty obtainable...

Its good to know that the car feels so good right now with how little of power is being made, and that it can only get better... More boost will be thrown at it this weekend 8)

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:36 am 
2nd Banana

Quote:
No need to get in a bench racing argument over any of this... You have your opinion, I have redone all the fuel calculations and your definately right when you say its lower than I expected :)... If flowing by what you say is correct its somewhere around 540 ish... I would hope that I could make 700 by 35LBS or so which I think is pretty obtainable...

Its good to know that the car feels so good right now with how little of power is being made, and that it can only get better... More boost will be thrown at it this weekend 8)
Or you could just take the car to the track and solve the argument with some good ole-fashioned trap speeds? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:53 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Or you could just take the car to the track and solve the argument with some good ole-fashioned trap speeds? :wink:
The car was built as a street car because the closest 1/4 mile track is 3.5 hours away...
Andrew.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:58 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
The car was built as a street car because the closest 1/4 mile track is 3.5 hours away...
Really? Wow, that blows. I thought I had it bad in California, but our closest track is only an hour or so away. No wonder there's so much street racing going on out there.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:59 pm 
CSM Junkie

lets see some videos of some people getting destroyed :supz:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:23 pm 
CSM Junkie

^^^ Hell yeah! What he said! :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:47 pm 

I'm gonna try getting the new trans in it this weekend, along with the tb leak fixed, and a new timing belt thrown on it. than I'll grab the camera and go hunting :finga:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:38 pm 

good we will be all waiting :x

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:45 am 

It was a rough weekend for the car, as of right now I'm pretty dissapointed.

I took the car out friday night and it was running HARD, I did a 60-170 Pull and it took me for the ride of my life. 4th gear in the car is insane ( I'll get back to this here in a minute).

So after the pull I get off the interstate and all of a sudden my idle/cruising around AFR's has changed COMPLETELY, instead of idling at 1200 rpms its now Idling at 3k rpms ( WTF ) and is now idling at 22.0 AFR's and before it was in between 12.5 and 13.5 I cant figure out what is causing this for the life of me.

I chose to pull the car out saturday night and it was running like S*it. The idle was really high still, I did a pull on the interstate and than pulled over to notice that the timing belt was walking, like almost off the cam gears ( towards the timing cover side) Called Triple A had them tow the car, and havent touched it since... I'm sure I'll figure out the root of the timing problem here pretty quickly.

I'm more worried of why this car is PISS SLOW in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear and why I'm not seeing 30LBS a min of airflow until 6600 RPMS when others are seeing 30lbs of airflow well under 6000 RPMS

The only things that can REALLY be doing this are the Turbos Hotside, The Cams, and the Manifod... Im running a 1.28 Hotside/BC280 Cams/ Rev hard manifold.

I dont have the money to run a different manifold right now, but I am going to try and get some of that low end back by going from a 1.28 hotside to a 1.01, and change the cams from a set of 280's to a set of fp2's/272's/or 101200's...

Maybe I'm wishful thinking, but something just isnt right on this setup as it sits.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:26 pm 
2nd Banana

I would think that if it was running hard before, and something happened, that it isn't an issue in your setup. I would make sure your cam timing is where it's supposed to be before you go swapping parts around.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:39 pm 

Quote:
I would think that if it was running hard before, and something happened, that it isn't an issue in your setup. I would make sure your cam timing is where it's supposed to be before you go swapping parts around.
The car not running hard I blame on a leak somewhere, I'll boost leak test the car in the next day or two to find that issue, as for the car being laggy, its ALWAYS been a dog until it gets rolling in third and fourth gear, not JUST since saturday.

BC cams are known to wake up considerably late compared to to others. I do appreciate your input though I really do :)
Andrew

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 1719 Next