4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: Devo's '92 Summit DL
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:16 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

engine that i put in needs to be rebuilt :(

going to build a different engine to put in it between now and the spring, high compression DOHC 2.4L. should be much easier to reach my N/A power goals with that than with the 2L

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:50 am 

ok. i'm back. really. i swear.

good news: finally got access to the heated, insulated garage behind the house i've been renting, so i have somewhere to work over the winter.

bad news: the black sedan is almost a complete loss at this point. rockers are completely rotten, i can see into the trunk from the rear fenders, i can't jack on the frame at all, it's so weak it just folds, the bottom of all 4 doors are rotten, the front fenders are starting to rust as well...

good news: i have a blue 89 Colt sedan just sitting in the laneway. it's a little crispy around the edges, but nothing like the black car. it's completely base model too. only options on the whole car? automatic transmission, and trunk rack. it's nearly 150lbs lighter than the black car as well, so it's a nice base to start off of.

bad news: the DOHC 4G63 i put into the black car a couple years ago turned out to have bent valves and god only knows what else wrong with it, and i've been unemployed for a year. so no money to rebuild a head or motor with.

good news: the 89 is an 8 valve car, and i just happen to have my ex's old SOHC G63 out of her Vista sitting in the garage. should be plug & play with the 8V harness, so it'll get a 2L, just not the 2L anyone expected.

along with that, i'll obviously be moving all the shiny bits from the black car onto the new one, and getting a little more serious with the work as well. i've got body work, fender flares, Megasquirt, and, now that i have access to a Bridgeport, some milled delrin or poly bushings all in mind before the spring.

more later! before i even get started on that though, i need to replace the engine in my 93 Colt, seeing as it decided to eat the timing belt in Virginia last month, stranding me 900kms from home for over a week, and THEN it ate it's bottom end 450kms after i replaced the head and timing belt. that was fun... not really.

anyway, glad to be back :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:00 am 
CSM Junkie

I was just thinking about this car last week! Glad to see you are back at it, and I wish you the best of luck on the build from now on.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:24 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Wow, that's an insane amount of struggle to have to go through with a car. I seem to remember you had a line on used cars, family connection or something? Been a while since I was in Sarnia and even able to visit. We sold the family cottage in Bright's Grove (hell I don't know if they even call it that now that it's all amalgamated :lol: ), so except for my Aunt living around the North College Ave area (still in my other grandparents old house), we're all located out of that city now. If you see an Uplander in Gold, with lots of religious sentiment stickers on the sides, and pinstriping with quotes from the bible, you know the Eagles family isn't far away ..... :-"

Hope you get employed, then worry about the car. I know Sarnia isn't what it used to be downtown, and things have been moving steadily towards North Gate Plaza, so public transit seems a decent situation anyways. I can't pretend to know your situation, but I was unemployed for a year just before joining this site as a way to get some info about my new (at the time) Colt with a 1.5L engine. I heard you could save on fuel with them. :finga:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:31 pm 

Garage cleaned! Purple 4G goes in this weekend to have the engine pulled and replaced, then the black sedan to get stripped and scrapped, then the blue sedan for all the shiny bits and a 2L.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:18 pm 

figured since i had a clean garage i should fill it with car.

gotta get that engine out, and the replacement in, then i'm parting out and scrapping my black hatchback and THEN i can finally start fiddling with the sedans.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:48 pm 

Life hit hard this last year or so, considering selling everything...
lost my job, losing the house, everything is in storage, no time to work on the black sedan, the purple car is munched on the front from an accident last september, and i'm looking at tow fees to get the hatchback and the blue sedan out of lockup thanks to my landlord. really not sure what i'm gonna do.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:35 pm 
The happy administrator

Pick your favorite and sell the rest. I'm sure you'll be on your feet in no time!

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:57 am 

Almost back!

quick preview of the new place

that's the back half of the shop i'm living in, there's still that space again behind me, and beside me, but the spot beside is taken up by my friend's Alfa GTV6 being restored.

just getting things together to get my black sedan back, and my ex's old Vista as well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:42 pm 
CSM Junkie

Awesome!