4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Parts for lancer?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:23 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Is it just me or am i just unlucky? I've been looking for parts for my lancer which are hard to find. example.. transmission - found 1 and its the only 1 in QLD and its a step down from my km210 which are also rare as bat sh1t. Next is my heavy duty clutch, thank god they have 1 but i had to wait 1 day for them to track it down. They didnt even have a listing for my old clutch. This car is starting to get to me.
As a quote from a gentleman who was present while i was looking for my clutch kit "Its just wrong how they bring in import cars and dont supply them with parts".
Im over it!!

/ end of complaint!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:29 am 

it isent that harf to find stuff for lancers in adel bodykits turbo we go it all for them even if adel is nissan city, queensland WRX city

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:17 pm 
CSM Junkie

km210's are more common then you think!!!

They can be found in Hyundai Sonata's in the 91ish era...

As for aftermarket clutches... do yourself a favour. get a 1g fwd turbo flywheel from the states (mine cost me around 200aud delivered to my door in 3 days (thanks to Jmauld)

Then you can use a Galant vr4 clutch which is very easy to find! I went through 3 clutches before i did teh tranny/flywheel/clutch swap. Its been a year and it is running beautifully!

Check out my website: www.members.optusnet.com.au/~onnzo

Member #31

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:33 pm 

well my 4wd lancer is real fun to get parts for :oops: i'm recon'ing the drive line at the mo and the bitz are costing me nealy $400 :cry:

got to be done I guess....

good luck with your bitz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:49 am 
Restricted Newbie

ok ive hit a couple of snags... got the km206t tranny and heavty duty clutch kit, unbeknown to us that the km210 has a bigger bell housing so the flywheel doesnt fit in the km206t, which means that the sandwich plate wont line up. The flywheel has k1 stamped on it, i think i've read somewhere that the k1 is off a vr4??? Anyway my question is

1. Are the normal lancer flywheels different to the GSR flywheel as the k1 flywheel is off something else.

2. Would i need to get another starter motor if the flywheels are different?

3. The sandwich plate does not line up with the km206t, has the wrecker yard ripped me off and given me the wrong tranny or is the sandwich plate off some other vehicle?

any help would be muchly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:21 am 
CSM Junkie

OK - im trying to make sense of what youre saying...

-You had a km210.
-Youve bought a km210 clutch kit.
-You want to put the km210 clutch kit onto your km206 (Stock cb lancer gsr gearbox - aka f5m22)

Alright if the above is all true...
You cant fit the km210 flywheel into the km206 gearbox... the km210 gearbox is deeper and slightly larger

If you want to use the km206 gearbox - you need to buy the km206 flywheel and clutch kit and sandwich plate. You can use the same starter.

If you want to upgrade your clutch when you put your km210 back in - buy a 1g dsm turbo FWD flywheel. Then get a h/d galant vr4 clutch kit and youre set!

Also - talking about your "normal" flywheel - if youre talking about a normal lancer (eg glxi) versus a cb lancer gsr - im pretty sure the flywheels are different. If you can send me a photo of your flywheel i might be able to identify it. i need pics of front and back and also all writing on it.

The sandwhich plate between the km210 and the km206 are different.

If you want a stock cb lancer gsr flywheel and sandwhich plate i have them sitting in my garage. They are heavy so postage might be a bit. If this is a temporary fix then go and buy a nimbus clutch kit to use in the meantime with the km206 gbox/flywheel/sandwich plate.

Mike
email me at onnzo@hotmail.com if you need more help.

I have a

Member #31

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:35 am 
Restricted Newbie

hey switch,
while looking at the wreckers we stumbled on a HG GSR Galant transmission, it had f5m22 on the back of it, it looked like a match to replace the km210 that stuffed up on me. The diff casing has a metal piece poking out the back of it, dont know what the deal with that is? anyone know? has anyone done a tranny implant from a galant? Galant trannys come with lsd? both sides seems to be turning the same way, couldnt really tell if this one had lsd as the cv shafts were off. The guy at the wreckers said galant spares are way cheaper than the lancer gsr models and are more abundant. Anyone know if galant pieces are good replacements for lancers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:12 am 
CSM Junkie

NO the f5m22 is the same gearbox as found i nteh cb laner gsr - its is too small (as in not deep enough) to run the km210 clutch flywheel.

Go to a hyundai wrecker! you can get a km210 from a 91ish sonata with a 2.4l engine - mine cost me 500 with months warranty (improted from malaysia by a hyundai wrecker...)

Member #31

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:01 am 
Restricted Newbie

yep been there done that, i dont know bout u but up here those 210 trannys are rare as, hyundai wreckers have all got automatic trannys but ive already read up on your page about f5m22 trannys being the same as km206t tranny. What i wanted to know is why the f5m22 tranny off the HG galant has a bigger diff than the km206t (keeping in mind that these 2 are suppose to be the same)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:17 am 
CSM Junkie

I cant answer that question, maybe i should say that the galant f5m22 has the same bellhousing (to fit the pressure plate and flywheel) as the cb lancer gsr.

If you want a km210 from vic call up Lanka motors. Last time i was there they brought in about 6 of them!

Mike

Member #31