4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Introduction from Sweden
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:01 pm 
Restricted Newbie

New to this forum but not new to DSM :) I used to live in Dallas, TX between 1997 and 2004 (just moved back home to Sweden).

In Dallas i had a 91 GSX that i did some mods to, but was breaking to many tranny's. So i sold it and bought a Syclone that i thought would take less repair and money.

Boy was i wrong, the SyTy are the worst money pits you can have, always something that need to be fixed or upgraded. But i love my truck and have no plans of selling it, i even shipped it over to Sweden.

So here i am in need of a winter / daily driver, first thing that comes to mind is Mitzu.........hmmmm. Colt GTi is pretty cool cars here, 136hp stock with a 4G67 DOHC engine. Even have dual moon roofs, so i found one on a local board with a slight knock.

He's asking $375 and it's drivable (117K), only knocking over 2000rpm. I take the bus 200 miles to check the car out, and bought it. I rent an garage per hour and 4hr later i replaced all 4 rodbearings. Drive it home and it's working great, have been driving it for 700miles now without any problem.

I was lucky enough that the bad bearing did not have time to make any damage on the crank or rod..

It probably went bad after the previous owner dyno the car, pretty good numbers for 117K miles...........130hp at the flywheel or 97 @ wheels. Here is the dyno chart, but it's in Swedish.

So my future mods will be to build a 4G64 or G4CS NA 2.4 that is blueprinted/balanced and all those other little mods you can do............you know what i'm talking about heheheeh.

Reason i'm not going with a turbo engine is that the Colt/Mirage turbo cars have NEVER been emission certified in Sweden so it's impossible for me to get one inspected. Plus it's be cool to wup some punk kid in there moms and dads Volvo and Saab turbo's, i'm looking to get about 180-200 wheel hp without turbo or juice. I know one guy got dyno 184hp @ wheels on his 4G64 NA Eclipse with nothing major done.

I'm also going to replace my drive shafts with equal lenght from a GS-T or AWD or Mirage Turbo and if i can get a GS-T tranny...........that would be nice. I used to rebuild and mod DSM tranny's in DFW and i'm still on DFWDSM forum.

Well a little about me and thanks for having this site, it's awesome keep up the good work.

I'm also a moderator on this Swedish Mitsu forum: www.mitsuclubsweden.com

C50 GTi
Syclone #2550

Last edited by C50 GTi on Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:39 pm 
CSM Expert

Welcome aboard! 8)
The GTi is nice. I love GTis! :D But what did the previous owner do to the poor thing that it had rod knock? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:03 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
Welcome aboard! 8)
The GTi is nice. I love GTis! :D But what did the previous owner do to the poor thing that it had rod knock? :(
Thanks, he probably ruin the rodbearing when they dyno the car. 117K and not knowing what shape the engine is in?

Lucky for me the crank and rod was ok, i bought it over the phone. I be driving it over the winter and start fixing it next summer when i can drive my Syclone.

C50 GTi
Syclone #2550

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:46 pm 
CSM Expert

We don't tolerate incorrect grammar and spelling here.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:56 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
We don't tolerate incorrect grammar and spelling here.

:wink:
Yeah you should put Booted from NABR under my login name ;););)

C50 GTi
Syclone #2550

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:16 pm 

Lycka Till

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:55 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
Lycka Till
Tack :) Trevligt med en som kan Svenska språket :wink:

C50 GTi
Syclone #2550

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:17 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:
Lycka Till
Tack :) Trevligt med en som kan Svenska språket :wink:
:D At least the spelling an grammar are correct. Nobody said anything about language requirements. :lol: Welcome aboard. Your initiative is very impressive. I would have been lost. I always need a leader. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:55 pm 

Yo, jag bodde i Sverige ganske lange. Var gift med en Svensk tjej, vi ar forfarande vanner. Ursakta at min computer inte kan skriva pa Svenska. Det ar den US model. Om jag kan hjalpar med nagonting har i US du behovar bara fragar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:24 am 
CSM Expert

Quote:
Yo, jag bodde i Sverige ganske lange. Var gift med en Svensk tjej, vi ar forfarande vanner. Ursakta at min computer inte kan skriva pa Svenska. Det ar den US model. Om jag kan hjalpar med nagonting har i US du behovar bara fragar.
:o uhhhhhhhhhhhhh
*thinking really hard* :x
ok, i don't get it :D :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:17 am 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
I wont answer in Swedish, have to think about our other forum members ;)

Your Swedish is really good, how long did you live in Sweden and how long you been back in US.

I know about the US vs. Swedish keyboard, i brought my computer with me from US so i had to get a new keyboard here in Sweden so i could type these funny letters å ä ö :lol: And now the keys are in different places so my typing has been slower then ever.

Thanks for the help offer, it's always good to have friends that can help if needed. I still have a shitload of friends in DFW that help me if i'm asking, but it's good to have helping friends in other part of the states too ;) ;)

And if you need anything from Europe let me know, ok?

C50 GTi
Syclone #2550

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:21 am 
CSM Expert

*cough* gti bumper *cough*
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:27 am 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
I would have been lost. I always need a leader. :wink:
Young Bill Spruill, let me be your master and i'll will lead you from the dark side :lol:

Soon you be "Master Bill" and can fight the dark side for our Colt community :wink: :wink:

"Much to learn this newbi have" .........................j/k Bill :D :D

C50 GTi
Syclone #2550

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:37 am 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
*cough* gti bumper *cough*
:lol:

Nice huh :wink: :wink: Maybe we can do some trading? I like the rear US bumper and the red thing that goes between the tail lights.

What do you say, if i get a Europe GTi front bumper and you get me a US rear bumper with a "in between" tail lights thingy (forgotten what it's called) we can trade? I pay shipping for the front bumper and you pay shipping for the rear?

C50 GTi
Syclone #2550

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:25 am 
CSM Expert

very tempting indeed :wink:
i'll see what i've got around here...