4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:53 pm 
CSM Junkie

Just giving a heads up to all northeast csm/dsm owners. The sportsfest SCCA competition is being held Sunday, July 15, 2007 at the mack truck headquarters in Allentown, PA. It starts at 9:30 am and you must be there at that time to compete (spectators can come at any time FREE). Any questions pm me. Lets see how many csm/dsm's we can get to tear up the track this year!! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:49 pm 
Your car was the only colt i saw there and you didnt even run it...i was so hoping to see a csm run...but i did get to see the gvr4 run which was alright

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:38 pm 
CSM Junkie

Yeah, money is tight for me right now. You have NO idea how bad i wanted to run today. There was another colt that showed up around 1:00 pm, but he wasn't running either. Did u see the 2 dsm's rippin it up? Next year i'll sell my soul so i can run! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:48 pm 
yeah that white talon sounded pretty sick...how much was it to run there? and no i didnt see the other colt what color was it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:38 pm 
CSM Junkie

I didn't get to talk to the owner of the white one, but i did talk to the owner of the silver talon. He was running pretty much the same mods as i am. It was $25 to run. It doesn't sound like much, but a single guy living alone with 2 cars can drive for a week off that. The other colt was a white one, gutted on the inside and not too pretty on the outside (then again neither is mine :lol: ). If you're ever interested, i've been dying to take my mirage to the island since it's been tuned, maybe we can roll there together one night. Let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:58 pm 
oh i didnt even see the white colt...heh...whats the island...and depending on what it is, when it is, and how much it costs id most likely be down...did u swap you 4g in your self or did you have some one do it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:59 pm 
CSM Junkie

The island is a 1/4 mile track in New Jersey about an hour from allentown. Friday nights are public test and tune. It costs $20 to run the whole night. The track isn't well known so it doesn't draw big crowds (i.e. maple grove). Guaraunteed to get your money's worth. As far as the swap, yes, i did everything except the electrical wiring myself. Are u planning on doing one yourself? If so, i'd be happy to help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:30 pm 
ah sweet...yeah that would be fun...and yeah i am planning on doin a swap...i got the motor sitting in my garage...along with a crap load of parts...i just needa swap the timing belt and crap and some body work and paint the car...oh and i need a crank pulley and oil cooler...and the mounts...and i needa tranny...or the vce coupling thing cuz i got the jdm vr4 motor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm 
CSM Junkie

I have a friend close by that has a talon with the engine (4g63t) still in it. He'd probably be willing to sell some parts that u might need, for cheap. I'll talk to him and see if he's interested. Let me know if u are interested 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:59 pm 
is it a 90...or at least have the radiator style oil cooler...and is it FWD?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:00 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
is it a 90...or at least have the radiator style oil cooler...and is it FWD?
No , he has a 92 AWD w/ a water cooled oil pump housing. Come to think of it, you said it's a VR4 motor, probably can't use anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:47 pm 
nah i could its just like the 90 eclipse motor...how much would he want for the crank pulley and the tranny...mainly the tranny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:40 pm 
CSM Junkie

He said he'll sell the parts. The tranny is an automatic though, forgot to mention it earlier. Crank pulley is yours for $10. I'll let you know about the tranny if your still interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:23 pm 
nah...forget the tranny but ill deffly do the pulley...does it look in ok shape...not dry rotted or anything?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:19 pm 
CSM Junkie

Pulley should be fine. I'll go there later this week to help him pull it. Car has only been sitting for a few months in a garage. I'll let you know when you can pick it up.