4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:54 pm 

I just picked up a 3g to swap, along with my father in laws 3g (both baby blue) and a red 4g to swap.. I got the bug again and have the motors/trans. to do it... Figure I might as well... Anyone in the market to buy one? Or how about anyone doing anything with there mirages locally? Anyone know where my old black 4g sedan that is swapped ended up?

TTYL
Paul
The dsm guy!
evil94evo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:21 am 
Some call me a god

Hey Paul, long time no see! I finally got my mirage working this year, put about 5,000 miles on it so far, and recently blew the diff right out of the trans :lol: ....so back to square one, right? Other than that, nothing has changed on it. Parts not installed that are stacking up...16g, 2g ex mani, smic, 450s, 1g maf, 1g ecu.
Parts I need: TRANSMISSION damnit!

I had a plan for next year. Prep a 2.0 liter for the mirage, swap the 1.6 into my colt. The colt has to weigh at least 250+++ pounds lighter....I could loan it out to my dad for a while and get him hooked. Right now, I can only half interest him every time a factory turbo car comes through here. I think that spinning the tires at 60mph would do it for him. :rock:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:41 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Sup Paul? Sounds like Papa Smurf made it to your place safely :)

Incoltnito all this time and I didn't notice you were sort of local, haha. Sounds like you've got your hands full with projects. If you're ever going to be out in the area let us know, we need to put together some type of CSM meet in the NW!

My Excel is a runner now, just need to sort the suspension out and it'll be driving. I have Koni Yellows in front with cut springs right now and the dampers just can't handle the higher spring rate. Any idea what'll fit the front for a nice coilover, like Tein? Also on the rear I remembered reading an old article about a swapped white Excel sedan that was in Sport Compact Car about the rear suspension being the same as an AE86. I looked that article up online and found that to be what he said he'd installed on his car. I do have new shocks in the rear and was considering AE86 drop springs for the rear, but may end up with a Megan Racing spring and shock "coilover" combo. I think I'm going to try to find a set of stock AE86 rear springs to try in the car for height, so I can determine how much drop I'll need to be happy with it and go from there. If anybody knows of these parts available locally I'd welcome any info.

Tom

'03 Trailblazer - Ours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:20 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Incoltnito all this time and I didn't notice you were sort of local, haha. Sounds like you've got your hands full with projects. If you're ever going to be out in the area let us know, we need to put together some type of CSM meet in the NW!
Haha...yeah, everyone forgets the guy with the only turbo mirage/colt in all of Idaho! My brother and his wife live over there in Portland, Oregon. We all should have a meet sometime next Spring ....in Oregon or Seattle area. A meet in Oregon would net some cool pictures!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:55 pm 

Really the only one? That's a pretty lonely turbo Mirage/Colt local meet then :lol: I've got some really cool meet drive routes that end at good eats from my old DSM meet planning days with tons of country roads and great scenery for pictures. If you arrange the meet I'll supply the drive :)

Tom

'03 Trailblazer - Ours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:54 pm 
CSM Junkie

im still here and modding but finally did in the engine here a few weeks ago. apparently a stock motor doesn't like close to 400 hp on a daily basis with my lead foot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:13 pm 

this is the most talk i have seen come for the nw in a long time. i'm still rocking the 1.5 and put a 5spd in about 3 months after we put a timming belt on that 1.5 i bought from you. i'm alway down to meet/crusie with some csm. all the csm's i see are stock, but one or two.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:13 am 

I'm stuck here in Grand forks ND. I see little to no csm, or dsm's

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:08 pm 
Some call me a god

I have yet to see a turbo CSM in my area, but I'm here and modding.

07 ZX6R

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:54 pm 

Hey! My name's Peter, and im a Spokan-ite with much enthusiasm for the CSM culture! I rock a bone stock white/black '90 mirage VL! Just wanted to say HI! Tuning isnt dead here in the PNW, we're just out of money! haha I hope to see some more activity here, and hopefully im not the only one from spokanistan with a passion for our cars!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:26 pm 
Some call me a god

The only other I've seen on this forum from Spokane is Whe3ls.

07 ZX6R