August 20 Friday - August 21 Saturday 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
August 27 Friday - August 28 Saturday 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
September --- Anytime - another poll if enough interest ... 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
September --- This is getting way late for a meet .... 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 0
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:16 am 

Hey y'all.

I don't think 'd be makin' out this time around. The Snarrcar's still actin' up a wee bit and I don't wanna hazard losing some parts, limbs, etc on the way out there. :cry:

Maybe next year y'all.

Under the Hood:
-K&N Filter
-Taylor 8.0mm Spiro-Pro plug wires

ICE:
-Pioneer DEH-P2600 head unit
-Pioneer TS-A6960R 6x9's
-Kenwood 4" fronts (temporary)

-Currently 3 different colours all at the same time!!!

GOT MALTOSE?
http://members.cardomain.com/snarrcar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:30 am 
CSM Expert

Well Flying Eagle (Tim) hooked up last night got the Elantra on the Back of a tow truck. Thats the last time I saw him I assume the trip to Brantford was uneventful. I'll see everyone in a couple of hours bring your favourite car wreckin clothes. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:29 am 
Nobody Important

Ok.. we are back and alive. That was fun.

More details to follow after I go buy some food.

I still have that dang headache too. In the Arnold voice - "It's not a tumor"

-paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:50 am 
Voted off the island

Hey

good paul its nice to see that you and dave made it back. I wont have my pics till monday since I am in T.O right now. but the canada meet was pretty wild, i enjoyed it.

one thing

Where is Kyle??

hahah

Thanks

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:12 am 
The Silent Administrator

"Where is Kyle?" should be the next catch phrase for a new Canada Meet; the guy shows up with his g/f, goes camping - gets torrentially rained on, then shows us up and doesn't come back! I hope he and the little lady were okay, hope the cops didn't find them in the camp ground doing things that wake up their fellow tenters! :o :lol:

All in all, the weekend was a blast! Had to arrange free towing through Berserko (long story short is it worked!!!) to get the car from Hamilton to Brantford. My biggest problem was getting the car out of the yard, the guy who was storing it for buddy had a truck that was front crushed in an airport accident sitting dang /right in front of the two pull path. It took some convincing that I had to have the car out on a Friday past 5pm! but the four guys gave me a hand with their tow truck.

So, we get the car to Brantford after nearly losing the tow truck doing 120+ kmh with gail force winds and rain; at some parts I still almost lost sight of him doing 30 on the highway but it worked out and 1.5 hours later out 30 min trip was over! :lol:

Saturday, Jeff and I start pulling into the car while waiting for people to arrive. First to show is Tim 'aka' Berserko and he has a fever than can only be lowered by ripping car suspension to pieces, so we set him to work too. Paul and his bud show next and I remarked at how Paul sounds nothing like his Rochester N.Y. sig would indicate - you have to hear it to believe it! - no offense Paul!! :P Paul's bud (I forgot his name :-? ) helps me rip out the rear suspension and lots of the engine comparment components. For those that didn't know we tore apart a 93 Elantra with a 1.6L engine.

So the COPS show up and tell us that they got a small complaint about a chop shop running on Railroad property; imagine their surprise that is was out in the open * does a little dance to show the cops he's not crazy * .... I have to finish the story after dropping off the g/f at work ....

More to come unless someone wants to fill some in here too .....

Cheerio,
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:56 am 
Voted off the island

Hey

All i have to say is that the car is Gone Now! yay

Thanks

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:52 pm 

actually, we never made it camping.. gf put the kibosh on the whole thing after we had paid for the camp ground and decided she didnt wanna get soaked putting it up, or watch me get soaked putting it up.

so what ended up happening, was that we zoomed back to my house in muskoka and spent the nite there before going back to sudbury...

but ill have to admit, it was a good little road trip, we needed outta the apartment...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:33 pm 
The Silent Administrator

... but, but, but you never got to meet anyone other than Jeff, Kyle!!! All that way for a few hours for not-much-fun, my g'f almost made me cut things off early on the last night; didn't help she wanted to be cooped up in the hotel all day Saturday and that left us finishing up everything around 7:00 PM - she just wanted some me and her time. Sylvie and I spent all Sunday driving around T.O. trying to find The EX but it was closed until next weekend. As much as we all love women, it sounds like all of us have a fairly short leash attached to our skinny little necks.

Who was there, and who wasn't!
So to recount all who made it down;

Flying Eagle from Ottawa
-> Sylvie the g/f
Berserko from C/W area
-> his g/f but only to help with the free tow - thanks again guys!
Imon Fyre - from Sudbury but it was short lived
-> his g/f in her car
Jeff White - he lives in Brantford!
-> his g/f who also lives there!
nodents - from Kingston
PaulMezz - from Rochester
->+ his buddy joggle - ditto
Guess who showed up late just to ask questions --- any guess's ? Hmmm?
The Police !!!! from Brantford :wink:

Here's the scoop on the police bit;
The cops showed up just about 1.5 hours before we were finished scrapping everything from the car that was possible to pull apart. The boys in dark blue just wanted to know that we weren't irresponsible citizens or aliens in the case of our American buds! ( :P ) that were running some sort of chop shop on railway property that was incidentally just across the street from Jeff's house.

So they ran my name and all that fun stuff, which I glady forwarded to them upon the request. They had no problem with me before or after I also explained that I woud be paying or already have a tow setup fro Monday from the local tow boys Diamond something-or-other. Now that Jeff has posted that the car is officially gone, I have nothing to worry about and the ownership was never signed to me so as to cause a problem later if I wasn't there to cover a tow charge or something. Everything worked out in the end.

The Main Event
I guess you could say, that the main event was the cruise part of the night that included dinner at a Harvey's/Swiss Chalet combo restaurant. We did the usual parking in convoy and driving in convoy - well I tried to keep the little beater as fast as the others but I was loaded to the nines with all the stuff we just finished pulling off the other car! I was on the bump stops with only minor movement - need stiffer springs and new shocks for sure. Next stop was a Timmy Ho's parking lot, following myself and the g/f getting lost two sets of lights behind the boys - they waved at us and I almost missed them all parked in a line; must have been the sun in my eyes at 9:00PM :lol: So we shoot the shoot and talk cars for about 30-40 mins and then a little pudgy "PC term" Ricer boy, comes over and manages to spit out that he was a local Honduh tuner and that he was working on a car at his shop with an all motor 400 hp n/A setup, that miraculously turns into a turbo when I ask if he is running a NOS shot! - it's funny to see pot heads think right in front of you - the hamster wheel he had needed some grease! So I told him about LILEVO's All Wheel Drive Mirage and that there isn't anyone Honda in the little town of Brantford that could probably put up that much sleeper effect and put down those numbers; his response is that he has a buddy knows a guy with a 9 sec. Honda but who cares he's not even related to why I'm making fun of the guy! :P So, following the little ricer bowing out gracefully, and no hint of a race, we moved onto talking about some of the rest of the cars that were bootin' by and then moved onto what people had to do to get back home. Seems that there are lots of people in the general region of 2+ hours surrounding either Brantford or the Canadian border for that matter; most guys took less than 1 hour to travel.

The Donut Guy
A classic case of that cartoon with the guy screamin' "I work at Burger King, do you want fried with that"
The guy I'm referring to was biking along the path or the bridge not too far from us, was hunting down some donuts. His biked was parked for a hit and run, and he then made his move. We only saw him coming from the corner of our eyes until he was down the little railroad track embankment. He then proceeded to ask tell us one thing;
"You guys have nice cars, yep, nice cars, yep, nice cars ......" Hmm did I buy my underwear, underwear, yepp at K-Mart, yepp K-Mart. So, we all knew what we were in for. He then proceeds to the donut box and says can I have one of these. nodents proceeds to allow him to eat two donuts and sample one of the fine fruit drinks that _Jay so humbley provided to us earlier, before telling the guy that he had had his fill and he should stop eating; nothing harsh just needed to tell the guy to move along the tracks to the next unsuspecting family!

The 93 Elantra R.I.P. :twisted:
So, what all did I get from the car you ask?

For $200 CAN total with some help from the boys

4x 14" Elantra rims 4x114.3 bolt pattern - direct fit
4x 14" 175-65 Snow tires brand new judging by the tread
2x Front knuckles complete with calipers and applicable bolts 257mm discs
2x Rear drums and backing plates complete with non-leaking wheel cylinders (drum size is just shy of 8" internal diameter)
Brake booster and master cylinder assembly - no prop valve setup? have to check but I want the colt one anyways I think ...
Clutch master and slave cylinders - why not they were there!
Engine bay mounts - Timing belt mount, tranny mount (didn't take the f/r cause they match the 1.5L setup already
MAF
ECU 1.6L 16V '93 model year
1.6L 210CC injectors Car had 184,ooo KM showing
Dash clock but it's angled to point too high when in position on the dash :-?

F5m22? Transmission, clutch and flywheel went to PaulMezz and joggle
Washer jug that mounts in the front fender well also went to PaulMezz

Steering wheel ->
Steering rack -> all went to _Jay
Shifter and cables ->

Seats went to Jeff White - for spares for his swap car

There is more but I can't think of it right now. I also bought Jay's C10 Turbo seats in burgundy so I could get them to fit the C50 seat brackets or weld up something. Jay took some video footage and Paul took some photos, so there should be something for everyone to look at soon concerning what went on. We all wished that we had some sort of pic or video with the cops there, that would have been shvelt!! Alright I'll stop typing for a while and you guys can once again blink to wet your eyeballs.

The pictures link ...
Links to pics are in the first post, first page.

The Thank You
I would just like to extend a warm welcome and congratulations, to all the people that took the time to get to the meet or that made things happen from behind the scenes. The even was a success regardless of how many people could come because we were all there for the same reasons and I believe that we all had a good time. I hope the next meet goes as smoothly and that we/whoever is there, doesn't run into any more trouble than we did. I think we have made a good step in the right direction for helping the site along. I know Jason is glad to hear what I'm saying even though he has such a busy schedule and the fact that he lives in S. Carolina obviously makes it that much harder to travel up our way and including the fact that I never asked how he felt about it. :wink:
Until next time guys and girls!

Tim 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:50 pm 
CSM Junkie

LOL Good rite-up Tim!!!!! My thanks too for everbody that came(and allowed us to be there-g/f's and wives); and special thanks to Jeff for settin' this up and for Berserko and the other Tim for providing the entertainment(even if I just watched)! Hope its not the last and we can get more participents next time(other than the police).
I'd even consider travelling to U.S. within reason(others input here).