4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: WTB: Turbo LCA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:20 am 
CSM Junkie

anyone has those turbo control arm assy.

Post subject: Re: WTB: Turbo LCA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:48 pm 
The Silent Administrator

If you cannot find them locally or on this continent, they can be bought brand new from France/Europe. Just make sure they have the rear lca portion that uses the nut to hold the sleeved joint in place, as opposed to the joint and the sandwich plate the base models use.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:11 pm 
CSM Junkie

thanks tim, do we got any reference on what is the difference between this two? and do you know where any french/european site on where it can be ordered?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:17 am 
The Silent Administrator

The control arms are interchangeable, and are identical in terms of geometry and use. It is only the rear fitment that differed. The turbo arm uses an EVO1-3 rear bushing essentially with the mount bracket built into the part, which can be separated by removing the large nut at the end of the arm. If you buy a set of urethane bushings to fit the front (all replacements are identical in that regard for many Mitsu control arms) and rear (dependent upon which arm you use), it will essentially have the same effect. I purchased a set of the rear turbo style arm bushings from SuperPro's product line and wrote about it in the SuperPro bushing thread I believe, and they come with a set of instructions on how to install them (they do list as the same part as the Evo1-3 rear bushings). The reason for using the non turbo style arm, is the install of the bushing does not require the same effort to press in a bushing to the rear mount sleeve like the turbo style.

Anywho, I will try to find some bushing information for you:

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/spf1140k Front LCA standard caster - NON TURBO ARM
http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/spf1160k Front position, front lower control arm set
http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/spf0427k Panhard rod bushing = requires 2x to be ordered

You will be just as happy using the turbo arm, as you would be the non-turbo arm once you have a urethane bushing in that rearward position. You may not however, find stock on the +1/+2 offset non turbo bushing and an order may have to go in, but today is your lucky day if they aren't drop shipping (they do use multiple warehouses, so call to confirm if someone can gets eyes on the part before you order as I had to wait a while when they were compiling my complete order and a few phone calls squared them away).

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/spf1142ak Front LCA positive caster offset (both sides) - NON TURBO ARM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:55 am 
CSM Junkie

I think will just retain my non-turbo control arm and just replaced to poly bushes. Thanks tim