4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:14 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Looking for everything for manual swap. 5spd swapping my auto gl need every piece shipped to 50613 Iowa. Please help lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:50 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I can source everything for you, there is a local parts yard with a few 3g manual csms, make me a list and I'll see how much they charge me for everything.
and happy thanksgiving

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:58 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
I can source everything for you, there is a local parts yard with a few 3g manual csms, make me a list and I'll see how much they charge me for everything.
and happy thanksgiving
That would be much appreciated man. Let me know when you find something out. Happy thanksgiving :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:49 am 

Okay heres what comes to mind I recently was getting a manual swap together for another member on here so:
shifter base, cables with [the trans bracket and all clips etc],shifter knob, etc
clutch pedal, bracket, start switch etc.
starter for a manual 4G15 [4G63T if you aim to swap over].

You will obviously need a complete manual transmission from a csm, dsm, expo, summit, vista, galant, whatever mitsu 4 or 5 speed manual trans you find. this will be too heavy to ship for cheep so you better try and source it more locally.

For your hydraulic side of things, I would say keep things simple, and just order a complete stainless steel line from master to slave, it will save you a lot of time, and effort just routing a stainless line, or wasting your time with the stock rubber and hard lines.

I used this one from stm for dsms [see link] http://www.streettunedmotorsports.com/p ... _slave.htm
its a bit longer then needed, but you can route it out of the way easily and all fittings work with our cars.

It's best to order a new [after-market or oem]clutch master and slave cylinder. I can sell you used ones if you want them... but you will have to have them rebuilt via a kit they sell on ebay rockauto etc.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:09 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Thanks I have the trans I was looking for pedal all the things that go with the pedal and I was going to buy a new clutch master I wanted to run a ss line as well thanks for the link.
Quote:
Okay heres what comes to mind I recently was getting a manual swap together for another member on here so:
shifter base, cables with [the trans bracket and all clips etc],shifter knob, etc
clutch pedal, bracket, start switch etc.
starter for a manual 4G15 [4G63T if you aim to swap over].

You will obviously need a complete manual transmission from a csm, dsm, expo, summit, vista, galant, whatever mitsu 4 or 5 speed manual trans you find. this will be too heavy to ship for cheep so you better try and source it more locally.

For your hydraulic side of things, I would say keep things simple, and just order a complete stainless steel line from master to slave, it will save you a lot of time, and effort just routing a stainless line, or wasting your time with the stock rubber and hard lines.

I used this one from stm for dsms [see link] http://www.streettunedmotorsports.com/p ... _slave.htm
its a bit longer then needed, but you can route it out of the way easily and all fittings work with our cars.

It's best to order a new [after-market or oem]clutch master and slave cylinder. I can sell you used ones if you want them... but you will have to have them rebuilt via a kit they sell on ebay rockauto etc.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:57 am 

looking for a whole car or just the parts? I still have my shell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:12 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
looking for a whole car or just the parts? I still have my shell
As of right now just the parts honestly as much as I would want another shell I just don't have the room for it right now.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:18 am 

well looks like your in luck, the wrecking yard near me has a few colts with 5 speeds left, I'm going to pull a lot of parts from this yard before they crush all of them, which is already beginning to happen 1 of the sedans that was out there last [about 2-3 months back] time I checked, they still have I want to say like 6 or 8 csms out there a few of which are sedan versions I'll get you the clutch pedal and it's mounting bracket in a few days, I'm not sure if you need anything else but if you do let me know and I'll see if I can get it for you.