4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:37 pm 

What's going on guys? I've been into 4G63 powered vehicles for a while. I bought my 97 GSX in the beginning of 2003, sold that after owning it for 5 yrs or so & then bought an evo & I've owned that since then. I first came across CSMs 4 yrs or so ago, while watching some videos on youtube of the guy from turbomirage.com. Pretty much ever since then I wanted one. If & when I pick one up more then likely it will be used as a DD for a while. When I first joined this forum I missed some opportunities to pick one up but the funds weren't available and I was moving and what not at the time. It can either be a Colt or Mirage and it would also be nice to find a GT but if its not no big deal. I would prefer to find one that is in decent shape, body & engine wise. If the paint is faded & it needs a paint job, fine. I am not looking for one with a blown motor, but if it needs some minor things done to it thats fine. If the car has a blown headgasket I MAY consider it depending on the condition of the rest of the car. It would be nice to find one that still has the 4G61 in it but if it has a 4G63 thats is fine, haha. The closer to stock the vehicle is the better but I will consider ones with mods. I live in NJ & if the car is worth it I have no problem doing a little traveling to pick it up. I will pretty much go anywhere on the east coast as far south as the bottom of South Carolina & I will go in land as far as Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee and around that area. It seems that a lot of the really clean ones are down south or out west! I will be on here weekly if not daily keeping an eye out. I have also been checking out craigslist/ebay a lot but haven't found anything. If anyone sees something out there let me know, hell I would even pay a small finders fee if I end up buying the car! I appreciate anyones help and look forward to being more involved on this forum! :wtg:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:23 pm 
Some call me a god

It's probably not exactly what your looking for, but I'm about an hour south of Tenn. If you were serious about it, I could trailer it north a bit...

http://www.4g61t.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=34983

84 GMC K3500
85 Dodge D50 Diesel Swap
90 Mighty Max V6
89 Mirage Turbo
94 Mighty Max
99 Montero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:51 pm 

Probably a long shot but is your evo gray and did you used to live in NC? If so I met up with you once and bought an intercooler in Knightdale.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:55 am 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

Please add your location to your profile :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:59 am 

Quote:
Probably a long shot but is your evo gray and did you used to live in NC? If so I met up with you once and bought an intercooler in Knightdale.
hahah yeah man, thats me!! I remember you saying you had a CSM & I told you I wanted one bad! How are you doing? Unfortunately I had a death in the family the beginning of last year and moved back up to NJ...MY gf & I plan on moving back down south in the next year or so though...
Quote:
Please add your location to your profile :D
Added sorry!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:07 am 

Quote:
It's probably not exactly what your looking for, but I'm about an hour south of Tenn. If you were serious about it, I could trailer it north a bit...

http://www.4g61t.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=34983
I was actually checking your car out the other day...But since the NA 4G63 pistons are not a fan of boost its not like I could just slap a 14b on the car and be comfortable with it. Its obvious you have put some time into the car, Ill let you know, thanks....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:21 pm 

Doing better now, got really sick a few months ago. Sorry to hear that you lost a family member :( . Be sure to shoot me a pm once you guys move back down. Maybe mine will be up and running by then.

There was a really clean red turbo car on here up in NY a few months ago for 3k. Not sure if he ever sold it or not.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:59 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
[But since the NA 4G63 pistons are not a fan of boost its not like I could just slap a 14b on the car and be comfortable with it....
The NA pistons are just fine with boost. They are made exactly the same as the turbo pistons but with a different combustion ratio. I ran stock NA pistons on a 14b at 25psi of boost and race gas cutting 13.1 at 104 mph for a while. The same engine handled the abuse of an 18g also.

I would not be scared away from a nice car just because it had an NA bottom end.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:57 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
[But since the NA 4G63 pistons are not a fan of boost its not like I could just slap a 14b on the car and be comfortable with it....
The NA pistons are just fine with boost. They are made exactly the same as the turbo pistons but with a different combustion ratio. I ran stock NA pistons on a 14b at 25psi of boost and race gas cutting 13.1 at 104 mph for a while. The same engine handled the abuse of an 18g also.

I would not be scared away from a nice car just because it had an NA bottom end.
Good to know, thanks for the info sir...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:41 pm 
Some call me a god

The most significant difference between the NA and turbo bottom ends is the presence or abscence of oil squirters. Turbo bottom ends have them, NA does not. I still feel that the abscence of oil squirters is not significant as I have known of a few high horsepower cars that had the squirters removed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:25 pm 

Quote:
The most significant difference between the NA and turbo bottom ends is the presence or abscence of oil squirters. Turbo bottom ends have them, NA does not. I still feel that the abscence of oil squirters is not significant as I have known of a few high horsepower cars that had the squirters removed.
I knew about the oil squirters & I know high hp cars are known to remove them. A lot of times though it seems those cars aren't driven that often. With a car that see daily/weekly use I, personally, would rather have them in there. Obviously Mitsu engineers put them in there for a reason once they slapped a turbo on the motor. But I'm sure a lot of it fully depends on what oil you use & how well you maintain the vehicle....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:30 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Hey text me i can lead you to a very nice original 89 turbo colt gt... Hit me and i will give you details. And we can talk about that finder fees... my number is 818 403-9842

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:09 am 

Quote:
Hey text me i can lead you to a very nice original 89 turbo colt gt... Hit me and i will give you details. And we can talk about that finder fees... my number is 818 403-9842
text sent...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:26 am 

Its my Bday today!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:26 pm 
Some call me a god

I fixed the clutch in my car this weekend

2016 ram 1500