4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:56 am 
CSM Junkie

Hey Csms'ers Im sad to say I think im going to put my colt up for sale.
Ive owned it since 2012 and I love it but just don't seem to find the time to give it the love it needs.
I first and foremost want/hope this car can go to a fellow enthusiast who will take care of it and restore it better than I have.

WARNING: this will be a lengthy add. I just want to be as straight up as possible, I enjoy the dsm csm hobby very much and want this car to go to a good home. I also want to be as clear and helpful to any prospective buyer. I can provide many pictures and messaging, phone calls etc, to be sure you know what your getting.
Out of state no problem! Im willing to put in the work to get this to a good home.

Its an 89 legitimate GT turbo car.
Its almost all stock and has the original 4g61 engine and trans.
200k and still running well.
It has power windows and was an original A/C car. (The ac is not working but all still installed except for a few lines and the heat exchanger and fan of which I still have all the parts.)
Also a cruise control car but doesn’t work. (I never troubleshooted it but its all still intact.)
its mostly stock and not in great shape but it is absolutely a perfect candidate for a nice restore or big build if you want an OG turbo colt. We all know there aren’t a bunch of these out there.

Exterior:
The clear coat is well faded by now and I made a point to take pictures of how it sits right now. Not washed, waxed, buffed, or any other “wet look” images to show its true condition.
I have wet look pics as well where it looks pretty good.
It is really pretty straight with almost no dents or dings. The drivers fender has 3 small dents that could easily be repaired. And there is very slight dent above the fuel filler door I tried to photograph.
It has the GT wing and side skirts but it must have been in a light fender bender at some point because someone replaced the driver fender, hood, and bumper from a red car. They are still sprayed flat black from some previous owner. I never got around to any of the paint restoration I had hoped to. Very sadly whoever replaced the bumper didn’t save the lip so that’s the one missing “GT” part.
This car is suffering from Mitsubishi’s dreaded roof rust, where the glue from the, roof stiffener supports, rusts the roof skin and makes rust bubbles. Another thing I had always hoped to fix. But I do want to stress this car is from the pacific northwest and we don’t salt the roads here. There is no rust or rot in this car at all whatsoever, under hood or underbody. Only bubbling on the roof right where the supports were glued underneath.

Interior:
interior is all stock and in pretty decent condition. Wear in drivers seats but the rest are great.
Of course it has the gt gauges steering wheel etc. One very nice thing is that I have all the unique things for the car that can go missing ie: center console, rear hatch parcel cover, 6x9 covers, passenger underseat tray and rails, dash clock etc. some things aren't installed but I have everything for it. The only thing I did was make a little aluminum plate where the stereo goes and mounted an afr and boost gauge. The double din bezel was messed up anyway so it didn't bother me to drill a few mounting holes in it.

Engine/Mods:
Nice custom built full 3” exhaust. I built it and did a really nice job. It tucks over the rear axle nicely and is all tig welded (no crap welds).

14b turbo and 450cc injectors.

Act 2100 clutch, never seen any real power lol

Rebuilt N/A dsm throttle body with turbo seals from the guy who does that. I did block the fiav and isc motor.

Small front mount intercooler. A “junkyard” style build with a tiny intercooler from a mini cooper. It should all be replaced with something much nicer and bigger but at least its not hotpiped anymore like it came from the factory. I built it for super cheap and never got around to upgrading it.
Otherwise totally stock and unmolested.

Electronics/tuning:
I have the car running and “tuned by me” on a megasquirt 2 standalone system.
It starts idles and runs great. Its on speed density with a innovate wideband o2.
Its at about 15lbs or so right now and is just kind of getting fun nothing crazy at all.

The megasquirt ecu is built with a factory style dsm ecu plug so it plugs right into the factory harness. That being said I was able to install this without hacking up the harness at all. I think I tapped into the ecu ground wire for the wideband but thats about it. The maf sensor plug is also still intact I just put a few pins into the connector and taped them up for the intake air temp sensor to go to speed density.

Options and/or Extras:
Over the years I have collected but not installed a lot of parts for this car. I really did hope to do a lot more with it but I just never found or made the time. Any or all of these parts can be sold with the car or not. I have other Mitsubishi projects that can use them so I’m happy to keep these parts, but they are great parts for anyone wanting this car and wanting to improve it.

Expo spindles+dsm 2 piston calipers to get away from the captive rotor setup and bigger brakes.

4g colt/mirage shifter assembly (old school mod for supposedly quicker shift action).

Fortune auto coilovers for an evo 3 with camber plates to make them a direct fit for this car. (used with maybe 6k miles very clean).

A red jdm bumper from a shipment of 3 bumpers from Hungary I went in on with a friend. It is in good condition as far as I can tell from the pictures. (its still in northern virginia at a shop getting replicas copied but can be shipped to new owner) I do believe there may be an option of getting a replica rear bumper as well if one desires.

If you want to stay fwd and upgrade from the stock km210 I have a 1992 25 spline gst trans that should be in good shape, and is the perfect bolt in fwd trans. Use the stock GT axles and good to go.

A complete awd conversion, and I mean complete, 130k awd trans and transfer case (cant promise condition but should be good car broke timing belt and was parted), driveline with carrier bearing, 3 bolt lsd rear diff and subframe. Every nut,bolt, and brackets for mounting the rear subframe and e brake cables all from the same donor.

Pricing:
I feel the car can be sold at different price points dependiong on what extras come with it or if someone just want to buy the base car. I also really want to keep the megasquirt ecu system and I know non of you guys want it anyway. So id like to sell it without that for less than with it. It wont be in running condition if I pull the megasquirt ecu but I can provide a dsm ecu and all you would have to do is source a maf/mass air sensor and an isc motor and you would be back up and running the way mitsubishi intended. I assume anyone interested has there own preferred management system anyway. Im not looking to sell to a noob or first time car guy who couldn’t figure that out anyhow.
If you want to buy it without the megasquirt ecu I can still provide test drives or videos showing its start, run, and idle conditions to prove everything functions as it should. Its no big deal to switch back to a stock ecu system since the original harness is in place and unhacked.

This is really just a starting point and I’m very happy to have a conversation with someone who is interested and we can work out whatever kind of deal that works for both of us.

Base car without megasquirt ecu (but I will provide a dsm ecu but you have to switch it back) $2500

As car sits right now, running driving with megasquirt ecu $3000

ill throw in the smaller mods like spindles big brakes etc for nothing but all the bigger ticket items can be added for what they generally go for. Otherwise id be happy to keep them like I said above.

The only items worth a little money are the jdm bumper roughly valued at $500, the coilovers roughly valued $700, and the awd conversion roughly valued at $700 or so.
So you could buy it all for like $4500 if you want which is a pretty fair discount for everything I feel?

Message me or whatever, but feel free to text or call me too to talk about it.
message me and i can send lots of pictures. its just a pain to upload a bunch of pics to the site
thanks,
Keane

Keane

Last edited by Keane on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:46 pm 
CSM Junkie

Bump

Keane

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:27 pm 
CSM Junkie

i have lots of pictures available but its to difficult to post them to this site.
please get at me if your interested and i can text or email all the pictures yoh want

Keane

Last edited by Keane on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:08 am 
CSM Junkie

car is sold. thanks

Keane