4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 13 Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:29 pm 
Some call me a god

How much did you get them for through Amazon?

07 ZX6R

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:36 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Light year ahead of my progress in the brake department. From heavy paper weights to light brake car setup!

Question: Did the axle nuts seat all the way in, such that they got torqued to their range/location where the threads are all used now?
I'm referring to the last picture where it appears they haven't been drawn in yet. Should go in nice and easy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:54 pm 

Everything was still loose in those pictures. They both torqued down just like normal. Amazon has the coilovers for 900 I believe. I ordered mine from tunersports.com I think was the site. But they suspension will be drop shipped right from ksport. From tuner sport they are like 800 something while currently on sale.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:19 am 
The Silent Administrator

I just got my spare knuckles apart. Messy job.

Where did you source your outer bearing seals?

Everyone around here has inners, but no outers. I may take a trip to Mitsubishi down the street barring any other supplier numbers that work, like SKF or National.

I've received many seals that just weren't the proper style, so I stay away from non-OEM when I can.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:25 pm 

I bought bearings and seals (which said inner and outer were the same) from rockauto. Both bearings and seals were Timken. The part number was TIMKEN 229522. When I put them in I just used an old race and a dead blow to hammer them in...just like the new races actually lol.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:07 pm 

WOOHOO!!! Coilovers are shipped!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:51 pm 

Uh oh...what do we have here? ??

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:05 pm 
CSM Junkie

Oh snap! Better than xmas.
Im excited for you. And im sure we all will enjoy hearing your about experience with them

Keane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:29 pm 

Yeah I can't wait! Too bad its Easter weekend and I have way to much to do lol. I will either try doing it tonight or tomorrow. Here is another picture for a tease ;) ...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:31 pm 

On a side note...
factorycoltgt: How do you like your megasquirt and which version do you have? Did you adapt the stock harness or buy one of their harness kits?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:02 pm 
CSM Junkie

I love it. I know a lot of guys go dsmlink and if you werent ever going to switch car platforms that would probably be the way to go. Simply because its so specific to the dsm platform
but my car starts, runs, idles great. Its easy to tune but there is still TONS to learn.

I on the other hand like to mess with lots of cars so megasquirt seemed better to learn since i can use it on anything else in the future.

im using the diypnp version where they actually supply the nippon denso 52 pin (dsm) connector and you basically configure your megasquirt box to simply plug into your factory dsm harness. I have an original turbo gt car so its harness is like a dsm. They have a great install article i used to install and get my car running. They installed on a galant vr4 but again its just like a dsm. I guess if you had the econobox version colt/mirage it may not install as simply?
Im not familiar with how different the harnesss are to a dsm.

be happy to talk to you more about it if you like
Keane

Keane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:24 pm 

Ok so the big day finally came! I got the coilovers on and so far so good! First a before and after...

Before...

After...

Old front strut and coil...

New front strut and coil...

Comparison of new and old...

Rippin the hatch apart to get to the nuts to get the top off...

Comparison of new and old...

Accidentally made the back way to tall lol...

And thats about it. The brake line brackets that came with it were useless as I noticed someone else had said. At the moment they are just ziptied to the bottom of the strut body.

I am also not sure why both front and back of the old ones were of different lengths? lol I am glad I got these coilovers on finally...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:37 pm 
CSM Junkie

I like the "too tall" in back look. looks far better than the ricer " my car looks broke and rides like crap but I look cool" drop.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:32 pm 

It was 2 inches taller in the back than the front lol. I dropped it 1.5 inches, so its only half inch taller in the back. The big thing was raising the front up so my intercooler piping isn't dragging anymore hahaha.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:14 pm 

Ok guys so the colt has stalled out a little because I bought an evo shell to fix my 03 evo that was involved in an accident. But I had to replace the wheel bearings again on the passenger side...so that was fun. Only one set of the bearings were bad. Thinking I may not have pressed them the hub in fully or something. I also replaced the knock sensor so I could start messing with the ECMlink finally. I seem to be getting A LOT of knock when I don't think I should be. I have a feeling it could be all the blow-by making it past the PCV valve so I disconnected it from the intake manifold and capped the and just let the pcv vent to the ground temporarily just to see if it stops all the knock. If it does I will set up the catch can I have to do it better...and really start figuring out a rebuild...

On another note. Is there a good how to for the rear disk swap? I would like to make sure I have all the parts I need to do it. I believe I have the parking brake cables, hubs, disks, calipers with brackets, pads(which I need to get), and I think that should be it right? I would like to get come braided stainless lines if anyone could point me somewhere to get them. What does everyone do for a proportioning valve? I was debating sourcing a stock disk front/rear one or going with an adjustable what do you guys think?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 13 Next