4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: Target 1000hp Turd
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:56 pm 
Some call me a god

I will have pictures tomorrow. Today was tear down day. I tore down the 4G62 that came out of this car so we can use it another day. I also removed the stock fuel system. I removed the exhaust they had on there as well. Hoping I could solve my positive rear camber issue on the driver side I tore the rear brakes off the car hoping to find my problem. I did not find anything I could fix to correct it but, now I know I have to do some cutting and welding to correct it. It appears the rear axle is bent. I went ahead and moved forward and removed all of the rear brakes, lines and parking brakes. Doing so will force me to put a parachute on the car. Which I want to do anyway. While in the left rear drum, I did find one big problem. The wheel bearing had blown up some time ago. There was nothing left of the cage and inner housing. All the rollers had fallen out as well. I ran to NAPA and grabbed a new race and bearing, repacked and installed it before putting the wheel back on. The other thing I did today was remove the stock shifter base and arms from under the car. I have to go and get some shifter cables and base from a DSM as none of the Cordia stuff is compatible.

So nothing exciting today. And I figure no one wants to see a pile of super dirty junk parts anyway. Tomorrow I am pulling the engine back out to do the final cutting in the engine bay for the new motor and transmission. I hope to have that finished and maybe get the engine back in there tomorrow as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:57 am 
Some call me a god

Got the firewall boxed and welded back in. Got the left frame rail cut and boxed in for the oil cooler fittings. Got the k-member cut and boxed in the (hopefully) clear the differential on the transmission. Then spent the last part of the night cleaning and painting the engine bay. I will drop the motor back in tomorrow for what I hope is the last time for a while. I also blocked off the distribution block for the rear brake lines and got the final piece to the puzzle(almost) to covert my car to methanol full time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:43 pm 
Some call me a god

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:05 am 
Some call me a god

My days were switched because I got a promotion at work and will be training for the next few weeks until I get a new set schedule. So I had to fly today. I cut the front bumper support in half and got it and the cover bolted on. I got the rear bumper lightened a little and got it and the cover on. I removed the lock cylinder and the rest of the cables for the rear hatch. While I was back there I bolted the license plate panel on as it does not weigh much and helps complete the rear of the car better. I welded up a looped rod that sticks out of the back of the car so when you pull it it releases the lock on the rear hatch so it can open. I got the front struts modified and put together with the coilover sleeves. I got the new rear shocks put on the car as well.

I cut the bracing out of the hood to help lighten it. I did some selective welding to help strengthen the hood some. I also spent a little time and had to raise the hood in the back a little to help clear the timing belt. It was either that or cut and notch the hood for the belt. I can deal with the hood sitting a little higher so I don't make the hood uglier than it already is. The hood was raised by welding in the hood pins to get the hood to the height I needed. I also got the lower front body trim under the bumper bolted on. I guess when the previous owner took the car apart he lost the middle piece under the bumper so I am going to get some more metal and just weld a new piece of sheet metal in the to complete the look of the front end. I did not take many pictures today as nothing exciting really happened. Just details no one really gets to see. I am going to try to tape the car off and paint it tomorrow. If i can get it done I will share those with everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:19 pm 
Some call me a god

Behold, my piece of shit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:29 pm 
Some call me a god

I give you the T3 10cm 14b we will be starting out this year with. I am going tobgive this tutbo one more chance to go fast.

URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/biglady ... b.jpg.html]Image[/ :P URL]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:58 pm 
Some call me a god

Got the clutch and flywheel installed. It is an ACT 3200 with an XTD flywheel and unsprung six puck disc. I have done some other small things as well while saving up. I finished the new j-pipe for the 14b, got the rear floor almost ready for the new fuel tank which should be back from finish welding any day now. I got the ghetto fabulous trunk release made. I also got the new EGT bungs welded on the T3 manifold for the 14b. I got the rear hood pins welded in and have decided to do two more on the front of the hood. As much as I like the way the hood flips forward but, it makes working on the car a pain. With any luck if all my measuring was right I will install the transmission tomorrow and work on making the mount for it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:58 pm 

You really never cease to amaze me Steven, with any of your builds. This will definitely be the sickest Cordia that anyone's ever seen. Should be an absolute monster on the street. Hell, even the paint job looks good. Good work man.

Caleb 3/17/12 8 lbs 15 ozs 20 inches

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:40 pm 
Some call me a god

This thing will never see a street. That is is not the point though. Thanks. Just working on little stuff now and letting the bank account build up.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:23 pm 
Some call me a god

Not a ton to report as I have been saving money. A few small things here and there. Today I made the transmission mount and finally installed the transmission. I got the axles installed, the suspension height adjusted and the wheels on. The only thing left to fire it now are to install the wiring harness(I plan on doing that this week) and plumb the fuel system. If I get the fuel tank back soon I can have it running very quickly. Inching closer. All the pictures turned out dark today of the transmission and mount. Here is the car sitting back on all four for the final time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:32 pm 
Some call me a god

Very close to firing it up now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:09 am 
Some call me a god

Unless anything crazy happens it should run in the next day or two.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:39 pm 
Some call me a god

It runs. I have to repair a broken ground to the ecu, finish taping up the wiring harness and figure out if a plug died or the injector is bad as number three is not firing. I bead blasted the plug and it did not make a difference. It does have spark so I am leaning towards the injector. It is just some old stock 450 I had laying around until I get my new wideband so I can pour methanol in. Thank goodness for individual egt's. Makes it easy to diagnose.

I will get pictures after I clean things up. It still needs a shifter, shifter cables, shifter arms, a radiator setup, camber plates and an alignment and a wideband before I can take it to the dyno. I will have it tuned long before it is ready for the track. Probably not this year but, I can at least have the tune ready to go while I finish the chassis.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:47 pm 
Some call me a god

This is how the car is going to look while I continue the 14b quest for now. I have more to do obviously but, other projects and lack of funding are going to hold the car back for now. Hopefully this fall I will be on the dyno with it. The harness is almost complete. I had an EGT sensor die so I need to replace it, if not another one before I complete the harness. The drivetrain and wiring are pretty much complete though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:14 pm 

That car is going to piss quite a few people off on the street. Imagine you're cruising around in your new vette and this car hands your ass to you. :lol: