Please, lower it! Haha
you mean raise it and rally it right? :heart:

Steve

Post subject: Re: Picked up a GVR4
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:36 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Please, lower it! Haha
Yeah these cars came with terrible fender gap. I plan on addressing this issue in the near future with a koni/GC combo, I'm just gonna leave it silly looking for now because it is very smooth riding.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:43 pm 

This thing is sick and I am so jealous it isn't even funny. You got SO lucky. She looks amazing man. Keep up the good work.

Caleb 3/17/12 8 lbs 15 ozs 20 inches

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:48 am 
Some call me a god

little picture update on this project:

lol, Tonus I even lowered it correctly too.

Even had a little fun with a new 5.0. Gave him the hit, I eased out the hole and short shifted like a mofo. :ANAL: low bewst :butthead:

http://s99.photobucket.com/user/m180sxr ... b.mp4.html

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:49 pm 

Looking good, hate you had to cut the bumper cover though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:11 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Looking good, hate you had to cut the bumper cover though.
Yeah I am kinda kicking myself in the ass for that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:34 pm 

A JDM bumper will fix that issue. :P

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:40 pm 
Some call me a god

Broke a puny three bolt axle off at the splines testing my first hard launch after running the mustang, needless to say it gave up fast on just one attempt. :butthead: So within the week I sourced a low mileage clean four bolt rear with cups had it shipped out Tuesday and installed by Friday morning. Met up with my buddy in the Mustang again and he wanted to run again with this time me actually launching it last night. I'm up five pounds of boost to thirty since last time we ran and it was a blatant beat down to say the least. Sucks I forgot my damn go pro at home but I manage to put a couple bus lengths on him. :wink:

Hopefully this coming up weekend I can't get some time off and actu.ally track the car and see where it is off the street

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:16 am 
Some call me a god

Ran at the track other night, still at thirty pounds and 93 pump but with the walbro 450. I just picked up a methanol kit, lol this pass was made with only 9 degrees peak timing. :ANAL: With a few more psi and some legitimate timing I hope to get this thing down lower, it definitely has a ton left!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:13 pm 
Some call me a god

updates:

7/28/14

Noticed the car was down on boost so I took a look under the hood and found this. Well shit.

[image]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l309/ ... ybb9vv.jpg[/image]

7/31/14

Fixed:

[image]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l309/ ... fz6rnf.jpg[/image]

9/7/14

Just got back from a local track where I was able to win Import Power Adder Class with #740. I have a few pics and go pro footage to come later. After tuning out some bugs and lowering the boost down to 30 from 35 was able to crack consistent 7.4's.

Going through tech
[image]http://www.galantvr4.org/img.php?id=160201&width=400[/image]

qualifying pass click

finals click

12/11/14

The car lost compression on cylinder #2 a few weeks ago while driving in our first snow in the area. Needless to say I was in it when the car lost the cylinder and started running like crap. The car felt like I lost either spark or fuel to it so I started trouble shooting those things. Everything checked out ok so I did a comp check and got 155,150,0,150. Now here is the crazy thing, I drove the car to move it from my place to my gf's and the miss cleared up slowly but surely.

I pulled the VC and checked the head studs torque and found two around #2 cylinder that were comparably looser than the others. I then torqued all of them back down and the car is running back to normal with only one hiccup. The blown gasket seems to have let go at the rear of cylinder #2 near the coolant passage and hasn't mix coolant with oil or vice versa, but it does steam a little bit at anything over 30psi after I let off. The car is on gate pressure now and I am still driving it with it being completely back to normal, it never overheated also. I guess we shall see next week when I tear it apart. :grin:

So I already have my L19's here, (by the way it almost sickens me at how much those sob's were) and a another cometic gasket coming in as well. Anyone agree that I may have stretched the standard ARP's at the 35 lbs I was running? I surely hope I don't have to have any machine work done but at the most the head will probably need shaved once again? I have decided to degree in the cams and not just set them straight up this time and ordered a ton of crap to do this with as well.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:00 am 
Some call me a god

Well got the car tore down and fixed in two days which was filled with impressive non stop action to say least. It doesn't hurt that my x mas vacation started on the 17th and doesn't end till the 2nd either, I was pretty much procrastinating the past week up till this Tuesday. :wink: When I pulled the head off I could see signs of fastener fatigue on a few of my standard ARP's (torqued twice) which led to me losing the hg prematurely I do believe. After tearing the head down I went ahead and had it milled once again, it only needed .003 off and was straight as an arrow. All sixteen valves were still in great shape with no signs of detonation so I went ahead and cleaned them up and hand lapped them back in. I decided to go ahead and run another Cometic MLS this time but with ARP L19's to keep the head down on the block where it belongs hopefully!

Battle scar, I pride myself on being a very nimble/agile person but to say the least make sure the walking path is brightly lit and unobstructed. :lol: On a good note the heavy cylinder head I was carrying through the garage landed on me and not the concrete floor, I'll take that any day of the week over buying a new one.

While the head was at the machine shop I decided to do something about my haggard gatorade catch can/bottle. So I went ahead and installed my modified ebay special catch cans that I converted into fully functional sealed cans. I tapped the inside of each can port (pipe thread is tapered) to accept a copper pipe fitting and slit tube on one side and not pictured a sintered brass filter on the outlet. This along with stainless steel scoring pad for extra media filtering. Sparing the details it turned out quite nice, extremely cheap and extremely functional. Just the way I like it.

In this pic I hadn't vacuum capped the tb ports yet and the pcv was still functional which is now looped to the other stock vc port.

Lastly I picked up a set of Starquest headrests to replace the fugly bread loafs. They really alter the appearance of the seats and make them look some what sporty.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:42 pm 
Some call me a god

Couple updates, switched out the -6an feed for a full -8an feed and switched the return as well to -6an. Both lines start as bulk heads at the sending unit forward, I also added a Magnus fuel rail to free up some more flow. I noticed the tapped rail I had been using has the an fitting on the drivers side protruding over the #4 injector, not good. While I had the sending unit out I went ahead and drilled down to the relief valve and ran a screw in it, my idc's have been strangely high and I believe the 450 walbros low relief valve pressure may have been the culprit. I will be able to confirm this in the next few days when I get my fuel pressure sensor wired in. I also spiffed up the interior a bit with a Nardi wheel and personal hub and horn button. I threw in a sweet weighted shift knob too, it made the slightly notchy short throw smooth once again. I never mentioned that I switched the tiny ets street core out with a old school Kinetic Race core.

Needs a lip. :oops:

and some fun in the snow we had a week ago.

and a launch video I forgot about.
http://vid99.photobucket.com/albums/l30 ... qr0ri5.mp4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:26 am 
Some call me a god

Well I have conquered some fueling demons I was having and I'm pleased to report the car is running amazing! The car feels faster and more responsive at the current 25 lbs of boost with 12 degrees timing max on 93 pump than it did on 35 lbs with 93 pump, methanol and 9 degrees of timing. Hopefully I can get the methanol back inline with the tune this weekend and start turning the wick back up. :twisted:

Little night action
click

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:35 am 

Looks pretty fast, bet its a blast to drive.