4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:59 pm 

Ok, so its been there sitting. :( Have been working so much but will be taking the time to finish building it first! And than the project starts after I can get it back up and running! :) Before it was no money and all the time in the world! And than went back to work and than it was Got the money but no time! But now Laid off I got the parts and free time again! :D Will be turning wrenches going step by step!

Step 1: Have a few drinks.
Step 2: Finish winterizing the travel trailer (week long project)
Step 3: Finish Rebuilding Engine and install Rebuilt Engine & Transmission!
Step 4: Locate 1.8L 4G37 ECU, Throttle Body, Injectors and MAF.
Step 5: Install all addons! :P (Shifter, new QA1 Springs and KYB GR2's and Rear Disc Brake upgrade)
Step 6: Finish the interior (Not much left to do except install carpet and put back in the plastic parts and seats!)
Step 7: Sand and Paint

Now we will see how long it takes for each step! :P

^Check Build Thread^
'82 Chevy El Camino Tow Veh. for my 2012 Skyline Koala 24' Travel Trailer
'06 Chevy Aveo - Daily Driver until Colt is back up and running!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:39 pm 

Ok, I know its been awhile! :-P Been super busy with work and than other projects on the house had to get done.

Well, the inside is done on the colt. I put down some POR 15 down before I put in the sound deadner. I kept it outside for one winter and than moved it into the garage. It stayed warmer by about 15 degrees than what it was outside and never started it as the engine is still out! Now just have to install the new carpet. And sand, prime and paint. Will be mostly stock except for the new shifter and rear drums will be disc brakes.

Picked up a few other project cars that were a steal! And also picked up a 1991 Eagle Summit which just got up and running.

Here is a pic of the summit. Nephew wants to help build this one up. So, I guess this will be his project too.

Will be going back to work tomorrow so will have to wait till I get laid off in the winter time to finish this project but shouldn't take to long to finish it off! I just can't wait to drive it again! I miss the great MPG!! Been using the El Camino as my DD but had to switch DD for winter time to the Summit. Its been cutting out but changed out the Alt and put in a new Distributor and the new ECU I got for the colt and its running good now. Will have to buy another ECU or maybe just do an engine swap to a turbo engine on the Colt and leave the Summit as the 4G15 so will have 3 working engines and 2 5 speed transmissions to go with the Summit. So, the exhaust will rattle apart before I run into rebuilding any engine or transmission again! ;-)

^Check Build Thread^
'82 Chevy El Camino Tow Veh. for my 2012 Skyline Koala 24' Travel Trailer
'06 Chevy Aveo - Daily Driver until Colt is back up and running!