4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:58 am 
CSM Junkie

I don't know but either way, I'm excited for this build. Been wanting to build something crazy and now I have that chance. I really wanted to do the same intentions to a CSM but this car came along and I couldn't say no :D I actually made out like a bandit seeing that I got another running rebuilt 6 bolt from this deal 8)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:14 am 
CSM Junkie

Update 9/30/12.......

I pulled the engine out because the last owner snap the 2 top bolts on the block that bolts on the engine. Also he snapped the bolt that's in back holding the rear motor mount bracket, sucks but has to be fixed. I was going to toss in another engine but found some goodies with this engine.

The engine seems to be recently built, not sure what's inside but when I have time I'll see, but for now this is what I found:

MLS HG

ARP head studs

Balance Shafts removed

Fidanza flywheel

16g

ARPs

Not to thrilled that this is welded but, in a way I don't have to worry about the plug coming undone. I haven't seen the plug come undone when doing a BSEK so it is what it is and just going to leave it. If it works, screw it,lol.

Recent timing belt, no cracks on it at all but I'm still going to put a new one anyways.

Ok here is the carnage left behind from the old owner

Kind of a bad pic but if you look closely you will see the bolt snapped in the back of the block. Really? How does this happen? I never seen or heard anyone snapping a bolt like this, lol. Just when you seen it all, something else amazes you,
:shrug:

Now I got a chance to get some set of wheels that would benefit me far as traction is concerned. I pick up a set of american racing wheels (kind of rough shape) but I paid $50 for all four, I can't go wrong right?,lol. They are 5 x 4.5 which is mustang lug pattern and had to put spacers to clear brake caliper.

Soon they will be on Micky Thompson ET slicks, either 24s or 26s but I put them on to see some clearance issues and to see how far they will poke out. So far I'm happy with the results and the back space is 3.75 and now need 3 inch wheel studs from ARP :twisted:

It's not a fancy build or magazine material but I'm doing my best to build something quick and to have fun. Hopefully it takes my some where, if not it's just a hobby :wink:

"Family comes first, racing comes second" like my dad always tells to me. Words to live by, thanks Dad!

TTP

Last edited by turbotom20g on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:29 pm 
CSM Junkie

update:

It's on like Donkey Kong:

Picked up a auto trans from a guy on Craiglist then later found out he is on another local DSM forum and also building a sick 5 speed FWD beast. Now I'm excited, because I can do the auto swap sooner :twisted:

Last edited by turbotom20g on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:28 am 
CSM Junkie

Hells ya. Autos ftw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:21 pm 
CSM Junkie

Did some up work to the beast.

Web exhaust cam 256 and running stock intake 248 cam.

Nice and clean head.

So pretty,lol.

Got to love big turbos :twisted:

Last edited by turbotom20g on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:08 am 
CSM Junkie

Worked on the engine a little more and I'm freaking excited :supz:

Well I decided to pull the oil pan because the engine to me was "unknown" to me.

OMG!!! I found this :P

JE forged pistons

Crower rods

ARP hardware

So know I have something other than a stock motor, I know it's nothing like a stroker or anything like that but it's now my race motor,hehe. High boost :twisted: !!!!!

So other than my wonderful findings, I did some work to the engine

I love forward faced oil filter housing :heart: So much cleaner :wink:

Last edited by turbotom20g on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:25 pm 

Quote:

So know I have something other than a stock motor, I know it's nothing like a stroker or anything like that but it's now my race motor,hehe. High boost :twisted: !!!!!

are u sure its not? u wont know untill u take the whole thing apart and measure it.. u may just have a stroker surprise in there lol

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:40 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:

are u sure its not? u wont know untill u take the whole thing apart and measure it.. u may just have a stroker surprise in there lol

Steve
I can't afford right now to take it apart, I mean I heard it run with the older owner so I know it runs. Well besides, crower doesn't make stroker rods and there was a part number on the crank that came up OEM stock part #s. I wanted to get all the facts straight and to know what was actually done to that engine :wink: It would be sweet if it was a stroker because stroker on a auto is the perfect combo for a true drag beast but maybe when or if I tear down this block that will be the next step :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:34 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Steve
I can't afford right now to take it apart, I mean I heard it run with the older owner so I know it runs. Well besides, crower doesn't make stroker rods and there was a part number on the crank that came up OEM stock part #s. I wanted to get all the facts straight and to know what was actually done to that engine :wink: It would be sweet if it was a stroker because stroker on a auto is the perfect combo for a true drag beast but maybe when or if I tear down this block that will be the next step :twisted:
Your sure that isn't a 6 bolt 4g64 crank? 2.3 Strokers use a 100mm crank (4g64 crank, eagle, etc.) and 2.0 Rods with special stroker pistons, that very well may be stroker engine you have there. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:01 am 
CSM Junkie

Your sure that isn't a 6 bolt 4g64 crank? 2.3 Strokers use a 100mm crank (4g64 crank, eagle, etc.) and 2.0 Rods with special stroker pistons, that very well may be stroker engine you have there. 8)[/quote]

Well like I said before, crower rods don't make a stroker rods and the part # that was on the crank came up OEM 4g63 crank. Also if you look at the pics, in order to have a stroker the wrist pin should be much closer to the bottom of the piston and I don't see that.
I wish it was a stroker because that would be my ideal engine build for a auto and autos need that low end love they so disparately need,lol. Next engine build that is what it's going to be for sure :yawinkle:

I inspect that bottom end with a little like over 30 mins just to see if I find more findings,lol. Not only that my buddies were with me and they looked and said the same thing. Now the only thing is that I have no clue what compression ratio until I do a compression test and see how high she goes. Like example: if it is high than 170-180 psi it's roughly 8.5 to 1 and 9.1 is roughly like 185-195 psi and anything higher than that it's must be 9.5 to 1 ratio and +. Either way, the higher the compression for me the better it is for my auto to install quicker and less need for higher boost. I'm not going to higher boost if not need to but having forged internals is a better insurance that I still can do that if I wanted to, along with the oil squirters still in there :twisted:

No doubt in my mind this car is going to be fun and exact what I always wanted to build.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:53 pm 
Some call me a god

Oh ok, I just thought because you said oem part #'s and not directly that it was a 4g63 crank. lol, I know crower doesn't make a 2.3 stroker rod, no one does because you use the standard 150mm sized aftermarket rod.

Anyway god luck with the build, interested in seeing some fast times. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:22 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Oh ok, I just thought because you said oem part #'s and not directly that it was a 4g63 crank. lol, I know crower doesn't make a 2.3 stroker rod, no one does because you use the standard 150mm sized aftermarket rod.

Anyway god luck with the build, interested in seeing some fast times. 8)
Thanks man, I can't wait to get the car to where I what it to be.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:30 am 
CSM Junkie

I did get some work in today and get exciting she coming together:)

But now here is my problem, I have a 5 speed talon going auto and realize that I need a transmission bushing.

Here is why:

So if you have a trans mount for a F4A33 please let me know, thanks guys.

Last edited by turbotom20g on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:44 pm 
CSM Junkie

why not redrill the mount?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:38 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
why not redrill the mount?
Yes I have thought about that but only problem is that the mount is not straight, it slants downwards so the mount will bottom out and the mount won't line up the the 4 bolt holes. Need a mount that comes off stright inorder to work. If I have to drill another hole than find but the mount won't fit if I did. Send me a pic of you trans mount so I copare the difference. If I could use a elantra mount than I will,lol.