4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:49 pm 
Some call me a god

Did you get hardware with those sideskirts? Does it list the hardware on that sheet?

Also can you scan or get a better picture of those instructions? Thanks for sharing with the forum and its members.

94 Audi s4 - sold
88 Eagle Vista Turbo LX sedan, RIP

Last edited by j2dapo on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:15 am 
Some call me a god

wow lots of rare stuff here! which car did you get the din pocket out off? thanks

http://www.4g61t.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18146

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:26 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
wow lots of rare stuff here! which car did you get the din pocket out off? thanks
Snagged it out of a Montero.

Picked up a couple more goodies from TurboShawn (big thanks!) just recently. There is starting to be more pics of boxes then actual work being posted in this thread. Whatever, I like rare junk.

The LANCER garnish needs a polish/clear and it will look new again, so for the mean time I'll be rocking the MIRAGE one.

'Til next time!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:26 am 
2nd Banana

Your closet is JDM as fruit and banana, y0!

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:28 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Did you get hardware with those sideskirts? Does it list the hardware on that sheet?

Also can you scan or get a better picture of those instructions? Thanks for sharing with the forum and its members.
Yes it came with some hardware, but not all of it. I'll have to check the sheet to see if it lists the hardware. I'll snag a better pic this week of the instructions too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:54 pm 
CSM Junkie

Now that the weather is finally above 50 degrees I got my butt outside to do some work on the car. First thing I did today was bolt in my Evo radio and new din pocket. They both need a good cleaning, but I just wanted to get them out of harms way for now. The entire interior needs a good scrub down once the weather is above 70. Still looking for a mint double-din surround if someone stumbles across one.

After that I took out the passenger seat to get an idea of what my Recaros will look like in the car. I am very pleased after initial mockup. They are roughly the same dimensions as the factory seats, and flow with the rest of the interior nicely. Also, I didn't get any pics of it, but the passenger seat had a factory undertray mounted on it as well! I am hoping to find a way to mate this to my Recaros when I fabricate the new rails.

Next I removed both driver's side front and rear door panels and tore off the junk fabric in the middle. I need to get my hands on a jigsaw and I'll be able to dive into recovering those to match the seats. It looks like it is gonna be a little bit more of a project than I originally anticipated, but I am fairly confident if I take my time and plan it out I can have them come out looking great.

Lastly, I spent some time tearing into the front end. The previous owner claimed his "fat friend" sat on the front of the car and caused some damage to it, but I wasn't buying that. It looks like it was a very light accident with a pole or something. Luckily I have the front end parts from my Turbo Mirage hatch in the same color, so it'll just be an easy swap once I bend some tabs back into place. It looked pretty Derpy. The bumper was screwed on, headlight was full of pee-colored water, etc...

Starting to get somewhere

Much better

Ready for the good stuff to go on tomorrow!

So that's where we're at now. Feels good to get back out there after a long winter! Thanks for looking, and hopefully I'll have some more tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:42 pm 
Some call me a god

I'm really digging those seats!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:33 pm 
CSM Junkie

Used my day off to get the other front end on and all buttoned up. Re-tapped some holes and re-threaded some bolts and got everything pretty well lined up. The grille and drivers side headlight still need a little tweaking, but the sky was getting dark and I didn't feel like working in the rain. Once everything is gapped correctly I will throw on my NZ headlights and my EDM corners. The corners don't have a running light like USDM ones, but the headlights have a "city" bulb that I will run the corner marker harness to instead. Here are some pics, cause everyone likes pics :)

Halfway home

Good enough for now

One makes 4x the HP the other one does. Care to guess?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:24 pm 
CSM Junkie

Found out today that the grill has like 3 or 4 busted tabs and that is why it won't line up. The chrome one popped right in and pretty much fixed the issue. I can't decide which one I like more, so I have a non-busted 3-bar grille on its way from the 4g61 forums.

You wanna see my what?

I'm really antsy to get the time to respray the bumper and throw my skirts on. Right now the side profile makes the car look a little naked.

And I'll leave you with a little teaser of my door panel project. It is still in the mockup stages.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:26 am 

Colt grille for sure. Looks sportier.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:53 pm 
CSM Junkie

I've been busy working, but still found a little time to work on my door panel project. Things didn't go as originally planned, but they are coming along. I'll update with some pics when I finish both driver's side panels tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:16 pm 
CSM Junkie

As promised, a little update on my door panel project. I wanted to recover them to match my seats, and because the old fabric was worn and terrible looking. I had a few ideas floating around in my head on how to do it, but when it was all said and done the route I took was the most difficult and labor-intensive. I had to strip all the old fabric and foam from the door, drill about 150 holes per door for the needle to pass through, glue on foam, and then carefully hand-stitch the entire thing. As of right now I have both driver's side inserts done and have probably 15-20 hours into the project. It has taken a lot of patience, but looking at the half-finished product makes it all worth it. Enough blabbering, I'll let the photos speak for themselves:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:15 pm 
Some call me a god

Wow those really turned out great!! Awesome job.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:56 pm 
CSM Junkie

Not much of an update, but I've changed plans and set goals for where I want the car to be this summer. I originally wanted to throw my Rotas on and 5-lug swap the car with the awd rear sub, but I don't have the time or budget for that. So the rotas are for sale and I'm looking at a new set of 4-lug wheels this weekend. I'll be dropping the car on budget coilovers and finishing the interior and hopefully having some bodywork done on the outside to tidy things up. Other than that just some maintenance and hopefully spending the summer enjoying driving a fun car for once.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:45 pm 
CSM Junkie

And I know how project logs are only successful with pictures, so here is a picture of my headlights that I am working on cleaning. They are the JDM non-yellow reflector ones.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next