4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:04 pm 

Finally got myself a 3g colt, Ive been trying to find one of these bad boys for a decent price with decent body since I was 16. Being the way New england is this one is in pretty good shape. I have a pile of parts laying around that came out of my DSM that I decided to go bigger with. Here's the parts list so far.

4G63 2.0 6 bolt
Eagle/Wiseco
Kiggly girdle
Acl race bearings
Arp hardware
bc 280 cams
bc sprins/retainers
ferrea valves
aem cam gears

Shep stage 4 trans
Southbend stage 3 ofe
Willwood pedal assembly
4 bolt rear end

FP 3575
FP manifold
PTE 1000cc injectors
Bosch O44 fuel pump
aeromotive fpr

I will be sure to post pictures as I go and as I find time. I work two hours away so i'm limited to my time work on it. If anyone is around the area and wants to come give a hand give a shout! :rock:

I made and weld these in for the removable bar I am going to make later for the rear motor mount

My welder is old and doesn't do the best job but I made the best of it

I cut the radiator support to where its still going to be ridged as I am going to be running a short route fmic setup

Well I finally got around to painting the bay this weekend.. I stayed up late Sunday night to get this done with no regret of waking up at 5 am the next morning.

Of course I had 6 pack by my side to give me motivation :partyman:

I was looking at the radiator that I had bought for my talon and it looked like it would be perfect. I don't know ill let you be the judge :lol:

Shifter is mounted.

The rear motor mount and crossmember bar is made. Needs some more work to be finished but here's a few pics.

I cut and flipped the mount bracket over and removed a few inches or so of material to shorten it. The reasoning for flipping the bracket is to still be able to

take the crossmember and the bracket out from up top. I'd rather not have to pull the down pipe and transfercase to acess them.

Pedals are mount . pedals themselves will be getting modified soon. As the hang to low and are little to far left but shuffling right isn't and option as the steering knuckle is in the way.

As of today (nov,26) this is how she sits. Didn't have time today to paint the bottom as the sun went down before I had the chance. Tomorrow morning she will see few coats of POR 15.

Went to my friends house yesterday and setup his powder coating kit and tested it on my motor mount bracket. Going back today to do some more stuff
Blasted aluminum finish

Wire tuck in progress. 3/4's of the way done

Last edited by awd3gcsm on Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 16 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:06 pm 
2nd Banana

Welcome to the forum, eager to see some pics. Please put a location in your profile.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:25 pm 

Well here it is. First step strip er down!
http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... /me028.jpg
http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... /me121.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:04 pm 

Rear end is in as of today. Still have the suspension to do do but it's welded and rolling around, Ill be sure to post pictures above soon!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:19 am 

Just heard back from the machine shop today and everything is balanced and I had the crank knife edged as well. So needless to say lots of progress will be made in the next few weeks and might have a running car early next month! I'll be sure to post more pictures soon.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:33 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Just heard back from the machine shop today and everything is balanced and I had the crank knife edged as well. So needless to say lots of progress will be made in the next few weeks and might have a running car early next month! I'll be sure to post more pictures soon.

This thing is going to be a beast :o I love that color you chose for the engine bay and for a old welder she welds nice :wink: Also I'm not too far from you either, so can't wait to see in person some day :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:14 am 
Because Race Car

Looks great so far! I only have one question:

Are you going to leave the radiator with the drain petcock on the top left? Did you install another drain elsewhere?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:31 am 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

Your bringing it on strong, keep it up!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:13 am 

Thanks guys. You know i'm not quite sure why the pet cock is at the top as the radiator is right side up? I guess it will be easy to bleed the air out :wink: . And yes before the Rad. is in for good I will add a drain somewhere's. Unfortunatly I will be taking some time off from this build as I recently punctured a lung and fractured my sternum. But I will be back up running soon enough :rock:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:10 pm 
Negative Nancy

Quote:
Thanks guys. You know i'm not quite sure why the pet cock is at the top as the radiator is right side up? I guess it will be easy to bleed the air out :wink: . And yes before the Rad. is in for good I will add a drain somewhere's. Unfortunatly I will be taking some time off from this build as I recently punctured a lung and fractured my sternum. But I will be back up running soon enough :rock:
:o

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:57 pm 
Because Race Car

Quote:
I would guess that they intended for you to use the mounting tabs on the upper support instead of the bottom... or someone can't read a drawing ( I think this is the more likely option).

Either way it looks like you're going to have a beast on your hands :supz:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:21 pm 

Yeah should be pretty wild! :finga:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:41 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Quote:
Unfortunatly I will be taking some time off from this build as I recently punctured a lung and fractured my sternum.

Am I the only one wondering "WTF how did that happen?!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:20 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Quote:
Unfortunatly I will be taking some time off from this build as I recently punctured a lung and fractured my sternum.

Am I the only one wondering "WTF how did that happen?!
No.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:12 pm 
Negative Nancy

You could make 800+HP but wait till you cant depress that clutch and cant get all the rigomoral into gear. Maybe you can just clearence the floor pan? A BFH should take of it.