4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:57 am 
Some call me a god

Here's a recent crappy cell phone picture of a build I completed back in '95. Notice I said I, not we. This car was a basket case as bad as that Dodge truck any day. I saved the firewall, a pillars, roof, rear package tray, metal bracing behind the rear seat, metal parts of dash, front subframe, and the driveshaft tunnel. Every other piece had to be replaced.

It rolled out of my shop over 15 years ago as a fuel injected 500hp N/A street beast, and is still going/looking strong.

Notice the proper porportions of the body.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:09 am 
Some call me a god

This one was pretty smashed to hell and neglected too when I got it.

I like black because it's easier to see how straight the body is.

I thought about running it with no paint at all, but I think it would be gone by now had I gone that route. LOL

One day I plan to buff that out, but I can't complain about how the budget production clear laid out. Considering I painted it in a garage.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:18 am 
Some call me a god

In your defense, I've done some two week/crap I have laying around the shop builds too.

The only thing I had to buy was rims and tires, the rest was made from junk laying around the shop.

We used to tow my boat 200+ miles with it every other weekend to go camping.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:49 am 
Some call me a god

Oh! I just looked out the back window of my house and saw this!
It may be a piece of crap, but it has hundreds upon hundreds of 1/4 mile and 1/8th mile passes, and all I ever go through are clutches.

I did waste a rear end once doing doughnuts, but this car has never stranded me other than a broken front axle once.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:02 am 
Some call me a god

Just so you know Steve, people are just trying to help you end up with something nice, that you can use, be proud of, and even possibly someday sell if you choose to do so.

There is some good advice flying around this forum, and some talented people, but yes, we have to bite our lip, and walk on egg shells, because anytime somone tries to tell you something, you lash out as if we are just trying to discredit you.

Now that we aren't pulling punches; when I said it looks dangerous in a previous post, I really just meant in a dangerous way.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:49 am 

Quote:
Just so you know Steve, people are just trying to help you end up with something nice, that you can use, be proud of, and even possibly someday sell if you choose to do so.

There is some good advice flying around this forum, and some talented people, but yes, we have to bite our lip, and walk on egg shells, because anytime somone tries to tell you something, you lash out as if we are just trying to discredit you.

Now that we aren't pulling punches; when I said it looks dangerous in a previous post, I really just meant in a dangerous way.

I have been following this thread since he got the truck and started the build thread.. from what I am seeing is people are trying to tell him how to build his truck.. but yet when I look over alot of the colt builds in the build threads I don't see anyone telling people how to build there colts...

there is a difference between pointing out safety issues and telling someone there dumb for doing it a stupid way (in there mind). if I had a vision of how I wanted my vehicle to be and people told me you should do this..and you should do that to it.. I would get upset also.. its my ride not there's if they don't like how its getting done..don't read the thread or go out and buy there own ride and build it how they want it..but if others tell them what they should do they best not get mad.

just my .02.

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:28 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Quote:
Quote:

I have been following this thread since he got the truck and started the build thread.. from what I am seeing is people are trying to tell him how to build his truck.. but yet when I look over alot of the colt builds in the build threads I don't see anyone telling people how to build there colts...

there is a difference between pointing out safety issues and telling someone there dumb for doing it a stupid way (in there mind). if I had a vision of how I wanted my vehicle to be and people told me you should do this..and you should do that to it.. I would get upset also.. its my ride not there's if they don't like how its getting done..don't read the thread or go out and buy there own ride and build it how they want it..but if others tell them what they should do they best not get mad.

just my .02.

Steve
Dont post up your build threads to have others look at your work. And also he shouldnt get mad/upset when we clearly ask the hole forum what you think. Is not telling him how to build his truck. Just telling him how to build it the right/safe way. We are not asking for him to change the design or anything. Just some input on how to do it better.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:13 am 

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:39 pm 

Weres the updates on the cruiser?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:20 pm 
Some call me a god

Just because the car goes fast doesn't mean it has to look like bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:05 pm 

This person got really offended by our opinions and input. Never posted any updates anymore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:38 pm 
Some call me a god

This thing is officially on the road. I had to redesign the front four link three times, but it works like it should now. All that is left is to take it to get aligned(hopefully we can get it close) and then to the dyno to get it dialed in.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:07 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Does it sound gnarly?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:34 pm 
Some call me a god

Of course it does. It is a 4" exhaust that is only a foot long or so.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:20 am 
Some call me a god

Scary ground clearance with that long wheel base but it's going to look so badass when it's painted no one will be questioning this thing anymore.. Boss.

Edit: Never mind you are probably going to run some nasty ass rear tires that'll bring that thing up some.

07 ZX6R

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 Next