4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:17 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Little update as of what I got. When junk yardin after a tip I got a new talon tsi hit the yard near my house. Of course I hesitated so by the time I got there ISC motor and ECU were gone. I managed to snag the front away bar that ill be installing on my rear end soon pics will follow. And dun dun dun da , just places my order for DSMlink V3lite and will be sending off my other ECU I bought tomorrow. next is big injectors ,full V3 , and 255lph and E85

2016 Ford Edge Titanium -2L.0T AWD Wife
facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:02 pm 

So a little update... The ass hole 2G guy i bought the spare ECU from so i didnt have to down my car, sold me a fruit and banana up ECU. I sent it to ECMlink and they told me it had a bad socket job and had processing crystals missing and some stuff internally missing so they said it was worthless and ECMlink sold me another ECU for $95... Today they shipped my package so i should be getting it in a few days. Besides gettin screwed out of $80, ECMlink has had outstanding customer service, most of the time when they would email me i would reply instantly and so would they, it was alot of the time like we were texting each other. Excited as hell to get it in the car and get a good tune and see how much better she runs... TO THE TRACK :supz: errr STREETS and HIGHWAYS :supz:

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:33 am 

Well my ECMlink arrived Wednesday along with my motherboard for my computer so I could use the ECMlink and the motherboard was faulty so I have to wait till Monday for the new one. Its just one thing after another

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:45 am 

Damn buddy it sounds like your having my luck. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope all goes well for you from now on.

Caleb 3/17/12 8 lbs 15 ozs 20 inches

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:34 am 

Got ECMlink runnin pretty well and noticed my O2 sensor wasnt heating up properly or something because the car wouldnt switch to closed loop till after i drove. I tried changing the O2 sensor but that thing is in there so fruit and banana tight i ended up stripping it. I went to take out the O2 housing but one of the bolts was not cooperating so i had to rip out the entire turbo assy... which meant draining the coolant and taking out the radiator. The good thing is that i could take out the A/C which was doin nothing but blocking airflow and took off about 10 lbs.
NOW YOU SEE IT

NOW YOU DONT!!!

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:15 pm 
Owner/Admin

Quote:
Hey man I saw you at the mcx on mainside awhile ago- I yelled out nice CSM and you waved back, I'm in 14 area myself- pm me or something, I've been looking to pick up an mirAge to swap. Is there anyway I could check this thing out sometime- it was gorgeous, especially the stance.
Please add in your location!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:50 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hey man I saw you at the mcx on mainside awhile ago- I yelled out nice CSM and you waved back, I'm in 14 area myself- pm me or something, I've been looking to pick up an mirAge to swap. Is there anyway I could check this thing out sometime- it was gorgeous, especially the stance.
Please add in your location!
That was at camp Pendleton. I'm on Miramar now so I have to update my profile. Is that what u meant?

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:31 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKeYbo4XmxA
at 52 seconds you see me and a Hemi RT Challenger race ill update with my time slip when i get home from work but he got me by 3 hundreths of a second :evil:

Challenger: ME:
0.543 reaction .745
2.438 60ft 2.387
9.237 1/8 ET 9.302
80.93 MPH 80.21

http://www.youtube.com/user/7zerex#p/u/10/koaBkVZYi_A
5:08 heres my first try at the high octane slide... of course the woman got the shitty run... the other two were better. ive got the videos on my facebook if anyone is interested in seeing them... fastest of the night was 28 seconds... i managed a 32 on my second run. ill have to wait till may 20th to try again

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:17 pm 
Some call me a god

I can't watch the videos so I gotta ask: What is the "high octane slide"?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:23 pm 

Quote:
I can't watch the videos so I gotta ask: What is the "high octane slide"?
It's a slalom course that race legal just opened a month ago

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:36 pm 
Some call me a god

I kinda figured this based on the times and slide refference. What was your average MPH? And what is the distance on the cones or barriers?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:46 pm 

Quote:
I kinda figured this based on the times and slide refference. What was your average MPH? And what is the distance on the cones or barriers?
I would assume my avg speed was around 35 to 45. As for distance maybe 20 to 25 feet I guess but I'm rather shitty with distances

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:19 am 
Some call me a god

Cool. I would like to try a slalom. Haven't even been to a single AutoX yet this year....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:55 am 

So a little update. I havnt had much time or money to mess with the car besides tweaking and tuning and... Errr fixing haha. Going through a rather nasty divorce so my money going to the ex and attorney. I was able to get an AEM WB and learned my AFR was rich under boost and causing a fair amount of knock as result. Then on my way to the track I had a header bolt back all the way out. Turns out it had an oil flow behind it and sprayed oil all over the turbo. Fixed it and this last Friday the alternator shit the bed. It's one thing after another haha. Just got my buffer harness from ECMlink guys and will be wiring it up hopefully in the morning so I can log my wideband. Soon I'll have my new intake manifold powder coated and installed so I can fix my big 3 psi boost leak. Good things to come boys it's just taking a lil longer than expected.

facebook.com/modicausmc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:03 pm 

So anyway I started pulling the engine around 11 today and was able to get it out of the car by 4 because I was working alone... I think that's pretty good for my first time. Any way I was able to take off the damn AC compressor that weighed like 25 lbs and when I took the timing belt cover off I found why the engine vibrated so damn much, the balance shaft belt broke... Josh must have been thinking of a different engine because this one still has balance shafts... Yaaayyyyy now she can drive normal again... Anyway I'm cleaning the new intake manifold and will be cleaning the intercooler, exhaust and turbo Assy, de-greasing the engine, tranny and engine bay and replacing all seals and gaskets, re torqueing the top and bottom end, replacing the balance shaft belt, water pump and whatever else I find, gonna start a wire tuck/ elimination and fabricating a heat shield for the intake... All by Thursday :/ gonna work my balls off. I'll post pics in a lil bit once my computer starts cooperating...

facebook.com/modicausmc

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next