4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:08 pm 

Finally! Up and running like a colt! What a difference 8 psi makes on an NT 4g63! No more than 1 count of knock no matter how I drove. Spoolup is so quick I'm already contemplating installing an mbc and upping the boost to 10.

I've still got a few loose ends to tie up on the car yet but the end results were well worth the time and effort in my opinion. The experience I gained while troubleshooting this car was worth it.

When I looked over the entire engine harness I found one broken wire on the 02 sensor, the white one which I think was the signal wire to the ecu. It was basicly just arcing to get a signal to the ecu. Probably not making contact all the time.

I also sent an extra set of 450cc injectors out to Witchhunter performance in Washington to be cleaned, flowed tested, and rebuilt for $19 each. After I installed them on the Summit and took it for a ride the car accelerated quickly and much more smoothly. No more shuddering. Night and day difference.

I'll try to get a video up once all the loose are taken care of.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:00 am 
CSM Junkie

It would be awesome it you could show me exactly how to wire up the 7 prong turbo maf plug into the 6 prong n/t engine harness. Or is it just as easy as matching one color wire to another?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:39 am 

Actually is almost that easy. Just match them color wise and the the 7th maf wire gets wired into pin 6 or pin 14 depending on what ecu you will be using.

http://www.vfaq.com/index-main.html

Someone will have to correct or confirm me on this but I believe all 3g csms come with '90 style ecu's.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:09 pm 

It's been quite a while since I've posted what I've been up to. I figured I'd just add to the same thread as before because I'm stilll working on the same 2 cars. About 8 months this winter I toasted the NT motor in my Summit. Car has sat for the most part since that time.

Since then I've gotten a pretty nice 600hp+ capable shortblock put together for my eclipse. Along with the new motor will be water/air setup I bought from a local DSMer.
The current motor from my eclipse will be replacing the seized engine that was in my Summit.

More progress and info coming soon.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:58 pm 

That intake manifold and intercooler is awesome. Nice welds

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:14 am 

Quote:
That intake manifold and intercooler is awesome. Nice welds
Thanks! I bought the setup from a local VR4 guy who decided to change his setup. I think I got pretty good deal compared to what it would cost me. Heres a couple of mock ups from the previous owner.

The setup was fabbed by a guy named John Erickson. John's work has been featured in magazines on sr20 cars and i think he had a customers 350z in a mag that he did work on. His website is: www.o2induction.com. Lots of install pics. (no 56k).