4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: some pics of my build
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:53 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

ok i decided to add these pics here cuz im sure most users dont end up on the 1st and 2nd gen forum. so here they are.
i think that should do now. im just about there. will be getting a tranny on today, and i just got to finish wiring it all up, and do all my plumbing. thanks to all here that have helped.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:53 am 
Some call me a god

Your car is going to be a tire screaming beast! 8) I've seen those seats in an 87' Mitsu Cordia at the junkyard. Look a lot like 3rd-gen GT seats with different materials. Pardon me for asking, but did those come standard in the 2nd gen colt turbos?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 pm 

i think so, mine are out of a 86 sedan. i love and hate them all at once. they are like brand new, the sedan had 30k on it and was totaled out back in 88 so not to much time on them. after that the car sat coverd. thanks for the reply im looking for a new turbo, well just the casing, i went to rebuild mine and found that the inside was cracked in a few places. iv got a mhi rebuild kit that i paid way to much for, a good hot side and compressor housing, shaft and wheels, just need the case.. so if any one has one,,,, please, i need it like today. its about the only thing left i cant get from the parts store or junk yard... and then!!!!! blaaa blaaaaaa blaaaaaa blaaaaaa blaaa. oh shit i think i wet myself... im so excited i want to drive now!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:08 pm 

i know you posted it in other threads, but might as well ask here to for anyone searching. what motor mounts did you use? what year is the car? and was it originally a turbo?

nice work. love following the threads.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:07 am 

ok this is an 88 g15 car. i used the normal 94 elantra timing, and rear mount plus bracket. the front mount is from the 4g15. thanks again. iv got most the wiring wrapped up. and its just about there. thanks again, Benjamin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:38 am 

post more pics! we have the same exact car.. lol. either way, what tranny are you going to use and axles?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:07 pm 

more pics? i think that will require me to do more work.. ha ha ha :D , any way i have gotten a lot done just nothing to take pics of. hopfully if i have a chance today i will be getting my ic moded then i will get pics of all that. as for a tranny i have a f5m33, and am using 3g turbo axles. as i said there will be more pics soon. thanks, Benjamin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:22 pm 
Some call me a god

I heard Toby low balled you on your stock engine??

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:41 pm 

ya well i would have never sold anyother way. he didnt hit me to hard, i had it on craigs list for 200 i gave it to him for 150. its worth more, we all know that but there is no demand so it is what it is. im mostly happy its out of here. i neded the room. i will try and get to your shop next week. i really need that ic done up. im waiting on axles now but so close i can tast it..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:20 am 

so i havnt updated this in a bit so here goes. after fighting to find a way to install a rad, and intercooler i finally came up with a solution that worked, very well. so now, iv got every thing together, (well in the engin bay) and last night i cranked it over for the first time, just to get the oil pumping through it. today, i will start it up, and if i can find a passenger side axle i will drive it.
ok so these are the 2 pipes i made to make the ic work. i know my welding skills are less than perfect but it worked, i used mild still for this section beacuse i cant weld aluminum. this is the hot side.
as you can see i was able to use my front mount and not the side mount.
and here is my civic rad, all good now and full of coolent.
thats all for now. ill let you know if it starts....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:21 pm 
2nd Banana

Mad props for doing your own welding, but man, that intercooler looks really chintzy.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:56 pm 
CSM Junkie

Very cool. Definetely taking the road less traveled. I almost feel sorry for the guys that won't recognize that thing as an ass kicking coming thier way. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:50 pm 

well its running. drove a few laps around the block. it running good ut there s this strange whining. im not sure from where but it sounds like its coming from the timing belt side. id like to know what it is so if anyone knows, well here are some pics of it outside, just after i drove it around. i need a bumper and then it will be really done. thanks to all for your help, it wouldnt have happend without.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:05 pm 
Some call me a god

Replace that timing belt tensioner, ASAP. Looks great, gotta love the 2G with a 4G. Wonder what the final weight to power ratio will be once it's all tuned up.

94 Talon TSi AWD Auto - Sold
90 Laser RS FWD 4G63T - Hit and totalled

Summer - 2000 Pontiac Fireturkey Trans Am LS1 A4
Winter - 2006 Honda CRV K24 5MT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:18 pm 

nice update! :P that thing is the ultimate sleeper. glad to see more people getting serious with the older colts. :twisted: