4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 711 Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:50 pm 
CSM Junkie

send me a pm and the the percision with some specs... its close to what im wanting. also wared you pick up that exhaust manifold?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:49 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
send me a pm and the the percision with some specs... its close to what im wanting. also wared you pick up that exhaust manifold?
I really don't know the specs on it, maybe their website? I know it's rated for 630hp, journal bearing, full spool around 4500-4800, .63 ar exhaust side.

Got the manifold off of ebay, with a lifetime warranty.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:21 pm 
Some call me a god

Found a few problems/hurdles with using the HY35. The center cartridge needs to be rotated to get the oil fittings at the right angle and the wastegate needs to be modified a little to use internal still. But the biggest problem I've found is the exhaust side hits the block with the manifold I'm using. So I'm going to order a 1/2" spacer to fit that problem. Sucks cause I'll be waiting on parts again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:29 pm 

The exhaust housing hit on my CSM with a Turbonetics manifold(that looks just like your manifold) so I just machined the manifold on a slight angle to kick the turbo out a little. Just a thought, good luck!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:32 am 
Some call me a god

That's a pretty good idea actually, but I think I'll still need a spacer, it's leaving about a 1/2 gap at the bottom of my manifold.

I have decided to ditch the manifold I have and get a ERL. I don't want the hassle of messing with a spacer, longer studs, denting the water pipe and all the other crap that could go wrong. I think I'll just throw my 16g on until everything I need to run the HY35 comes in.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:47 pm 
Some call me a god

Well not much to update with... I'm running out of steam quick with this now. Nothing is going right with the build anymore. In the past 3 days I've got the fuel tank half mounted, one side suspension almost done and the shifter mounted. I tried shifting the tranny manually and I could only get it to go into 2nd, 4th and reverse. The tranny is empty of fluid right now but I don't see why it wouldn't go into just those gears. It worked perfectly fine when it was in the talon. If I have to swap the tranny that might be the straw that breaks the camel's back. I guess we'll see when I get it fully back together. I'm hoping it will be by the end of the month but with the way things are going who knows. This car's starting to piss me off.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:54 am 
Some call me a god

What shift levers did you use on the AWD trans? When i did my AWD swap, i used factory turbo colt shift levers, and put them on the AWD trans. i had every gear. no problem.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:11 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
What shift levers did you use on the AWD trans? When i did my AWD swap, i used factory turbo colt shift levers, and put them on the AWD trans. i had every gear. no problem.
I'm using all awd stuff, shifter base, cables, brackets and levers. I wasn't even using the cables and shifter when I was going through the gears, I had my hands on the shifter levers themselves. I'm just hoping it's cause of the lack of fluid in it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:28 pm 
Some call me a god

what year trans/linkage?

91-94 AWD trans, has to have 91-94 shifter base and cables.. Also that bracket that holds the cables at the trans, is differnt between the 90 and the 91-94 and between FWD and AWD for those years.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:13 pm 
Some call me a god

Finally some progress I can see, I'm getting that motivation back. :)

Ugly ass welds, fabricating with a 140 gasless mig is quite a task. O well, they're strong.

Got the turbo clocked and cleaned it up a little bit.

Looking pretty good I think! Nice to see a some progress, that turbo looks so good sitting there. :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:16 pm 
CSM Junkie

hey man looking good, keep chuggin!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:19 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:
I really don't know the specs on it, maybe their website? I know it's rated for 630hp, journal bearing, full spool around 4500-4800, .63 ar exhaust side.

Got the manifold off of ebay, with a lifetime warranty.
is the turbo bolt on or the t3 housing?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:23 pm 
Some call me a god

I was able to use the stock fuel tank from a csm, was a bit of a pita but I got it to work, I'm finishing up the filler neck still.

Shock extensions are all done. I raised it up about 1 3/4", should be a pretty good ride height. What a pain it was to cut those mounts and the steel.

Got the engine bay a little more complete.

All the oil lines are done. I used a 2g return and cut it after the flex section then put -12AN line to the turbo fitting. Should flow better then any -10AN kits out there and almost as good as a full -12AN setup. The feed line is -4AN with a .075 restricter at the oil filter housing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:21 pm 
Some call me a god

Engine bay is about 95% complete now. :rock:

Tomorrow I'm planning on doing all the rest of brakes and suspension stuff and completing the fuel system. If things go smoothly, I'll work on getting the exhaust completed. I think I'm going to go with a side exit but I haven't completely decided. If I get all of that done I'll be able to put her down on all 4 wheels for the first time in a few months!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:34 pm 
Some call me a god

Brakes and suspension are now done.

Prepare for more ugly welding...

My exhaust is going to be pretty loud, seeing as it's completely 3" with a fake cat and no muffler. Hopefully it will be decent sound wise at cruise. I like the way it turned out though. :)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 711 Next