4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 11 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:18 pm 
Some call me a god

Well, I had a change in plans so I de-modded the car to save a little extra money for when I move. I'm now running a rebuilt and really ported 14b with a ported o2 and 2g manifold. Stock management and injectors for now but I picked up an eprom ecu that I socketed so I will probably pick up some chips and add evo injectors. I've got it close to getting back on the road and driving again. Here's how it sits now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:26 pm 
Some call me a god

So much for getting this one running again soon... My luck is terrible right now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:25 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Damn! I believe you used too long of an oil pan bolt. There's one bolt you have to make sure is shorter when putting the oil pan on because it will extend past the flange of the front case and dig a rut into the timing belt.

Some time, a $60 timing belt and your good. Don't lose motivation!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:01 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Damn! I believe you used too long of an oil pan bolt. There's one bolt you have to make sure is shorter when putting the oil pan on because it will extend past the flange of the front case and dig a rut into the timing belt.

That's old news, he's since been rear ended in one Colt and pole vaulted the driveshaft in the other.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:58 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Quote:

That's old news, he's since been rear ended in one Colt and pole vaulted the driveshaft in the other.
LOL, yup the bad luck continues. It was actually a big ass bolt that got wedged in the bottom timing cover somehow. I have no idea where it came from or how it got there.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:52 am 
Some call me a god

I haven't updated this in awhile.

I'm going to pull the motor apart and clean everything up. The head will be refreshed and I'm going to put new OEM pistons and rings in. There's going to be a lot of little detail stuff too. Evo 3 turbo housing will go on, new test pipe for when I don't care about emissions, TB will get a new IAC, front motor mount welded, holset wastegate mod and I'm going to SD. I've seen quite a few 16g guys get into the low 11's with 124-127 mph traps, I'm hoping to get close to that on pump gas. :supz:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:24 pm 
CSM Junkie

i love the sedans, and yours looks sick. thou how wide is your intercooler?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:53 pm 
Some call me a god

31x12x3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:14 am 
Some call me a god

Well as usual plans change and life happens. The mirage hasn't seen action in quite a while now. I switched to feeding oil from the head for the turbo and started blowing oil out the seals on 2 different turbos. I don't have a clue as to why but I will be going back to feeding from the OFH like I had it before after I swap a new OFH (I switched because the oil fitting stripped). I also decided to screw messing with a 16g and put the holset back on. I've been slowly collecting parts for months and finally have everything I need so she will start going back together now.

I have vacation the 17th till 21st and I'm hoping it will be back up and running by the last day of it. Now that I have a fun daily driver the mirage has officially been retired to a weekend/track car. I'm shooting for 10s with a 128-130 trap speed and blow some minds while doing it. Budget car, with mostly used parts, diesel turbo, and bone stock 6 bolt will either impress or piss off people. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:46 pm 
CSM Junkie

Well glad to hear that your keeping the colt and doing something wild with it, great work and keep us updated:)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:35 am 
Some call me a god

Progress has been slow but it's coming together. I've got the intake all cut to length and ready to go. I want to make a scoop sorta thing to fit into the side marker area but we'll see. New 90 OFH is ported and bolted up. Driver's side motor mount has a black poly insert now and I got rid of the front mounting point and power steering. I attempted to weld a -12AN fitting to the oil pan with a mig, needless to say that was a waste of time. It was too tight to get the top weld done well enough to seal. So I'll be ordering a new pan and fitting and paying someone to tig it. In the meantime, I'm going to get the downpipe and exhaust all fitted and welded up. It's going to be a full 3" vband exhaust, no muffler or cat. It doesn't seem like there is much left to do, but there's a lot to button up. Eventually I'll get there though!

I'm also trying to figure out what I want to do for paint on it. The passenger side is half primered so I want to redo it. The couple ideas I have are OD green (sorta army themed), desert camo or just completely blacked out. Or I can do a normal color, but plain is boring. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:16 am 
Some call me a god

I think the car looks great white. I personally never understood the whole Army theme on a non army vehicle. Maybe your planning on fighting some war that I'm not aware of :) I liked flat black before everyone started doing it, but it usually looks like crap in a few months though. If you were dead set on changing it, and being different I saw some other flat colors that looked really good, just trying to give you some ideas! Do what you want though, just make sure its what YOU want.

84 GMC K3500
85 Dodge D50 Diesel Swap
90 Mighty Max V6
89 Mirage Turbo
94 Mighty Max
99 Montero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:04 pm 
Some call me a god

Anyone want to do some photoshopping?? I'd like to see what a flat red with gloss black wheels would look like. I have 2 other cars that are white now, completely by chance but still I'm a little worn out on white. Plus it sucks trying to keep them clean! :butthead: My goal is to have a car that stands out to car enthusiast but doesn't draw too much attention from the red and blue. I don't know how attainable that is but I'm open to ideas.

I have tomorrow off so the downpipe will be done, transmission seal replaced, injectors swapped, o2 bung welded in for the wideband, and wastegate flange welded on to the manifold. Hopefully.. :jive:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:38 pm 
Some call me a god

Got a few hours of work in today. I was able to get the wastegate flange welded on and the downpipe curve section done but ran into a little problem with clearance. It's not possible to get the curve tight enough, it's too close to the alternator. So I have 2 choices, move the alternator to the back or route the downpipe out the side. I like the idea of having it exit the side because it'd be a lot easier to do and I wouldn't have to get a relocation kit for the alternator. But I want this to be a street/strip car and I think the noise will be too much and drawn some attention from the local law enforcement.

MIG welds might not be pretty but they get the job done.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:59 pm 
Some call me a god

This will do for now, should be interesting to say the least. I'll clean up the welds and coat it with some high heat paint and wrap it. It clears everything with a pretty good amount of space so all in all I'm happy. I wonder how many left-hand lane sitters I'll scare the shit out of with this thing now.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 11 Next