4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: csm project 2010
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:03 am 

So i found out why the engine wouldn't start, first the pistons were dead, and second the berring from the balance shaft came off inside the engine and that explains the tore up metal peice. I ordered a balancing shaft eliminator kit from ebay for 4$. Head, valves are getting cleaned tomarrow and pistons are gettin installed. :rock: now i feel like im gettin somewhere, slowly progressing, the only thing i have to worry about is balancing.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:54 am 

bump

Last edited by vaj_colt on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:38 pm 

working working.............

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:33 pm 

I started my swap a week ago, and now its snowing, but it wont stop me from the swap. I have a bunch of questions as to doing the wiring. I have a 90 harness and tranny and a 92 engine, what adjustments would i need to do. What part of the 1.5 harness do i need to keep for the swap and the 1.5 ecu harness seemed to fit the 2.0l ecu? So far i have taken the dash out and engine ready to pop out. pictures will be up soon.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:47 pm 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

Quote:
I started my swap a week ago, and now its snowing, but it wont stop me from the swap. I have a bunch of questions as to doing the wiring. I have a 90 harness and tranny and a 92 engine, what adjustments would i need to do. What part of the 1.5 harness do i need to keep for the swap and the 1.5 ecu harness seemed to fit the 2.0l ecu? So far i have taken the dash out and engine ready to pop out. pictures will be up soon.

The harness comes in 2 parts, the interior harness and the engine bay harness. you keep the interior harness and either splice the interior harness to the 1g DSM engine harness, or buy 89mirageman's harness adapter.

Additionally the 90 4g63t DSM engine harness is different from a 91-94 4g63t engine, so your going to have to search about what you need to get that sorted also.

From my experience....89-94 mitsu SOHC ecu's dont fit DOHC engine harnesses and vice versa, no matter what displacement.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:34 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:

The harness comes in 2 parts, the interior harness and the engine bay harness. you keep the interior harness and either splice the interior harness to the 1g DSM engine harness, or buy 89mirageman's harness adapter.

Additionally the 90 4g63t DSM engine harness is different from a 91-94 4g63t engine, so your going to have to search about what you need to get that sorted also.

From my experience....89-94 mitsu SOHC ecu's dont fit DOHC engine harnesses and vice versa, no matter what displacement.

the only thing different is that you have to use a 90 tb, cas, and coil pack or splice another plug in from a 91-94

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:52 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah i have all those, Im just confused about doing the wiring it self, so the 2L harness plugs right into the 1.5L fuse box and using the 1.5L STARTER harness? doesn't it connect with the rest of the 1.5 engine harness, how would you go about using it. I have the whole 2.0l harness and what part(s) of that harness do i not need, and how to get rid of it. Just to make sure so i don't rip out the whole 1.5 harness when i really need a part of it.