4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:46 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 512 Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:16 pm 

Cars on jackstands. Front sub frame is pulled out. Fuel and brake lines are out of the way. Just gotta do a little more work on the bay and she will be ready for paint.

There is also a nice new addition to the engine bay on its way as we speak ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:24 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I seen your colt and talon on dsmlink! Bad ass projects man!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:55 pm 

Quote:
I seen your colt and talon on dsmlink! Bad ass projects man!
Thanks man!

Look what finally showed up today!!!!=D

Precision billet wheel 6265 w/S cover ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:35 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

yum :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:06 pm 

Okay so the rear bumper, tail lights, gas tank, and rear sub-frame are out now. I am kind of up set at the rust in the rear. Its not anything bad really i just didn't think the car had any! But the rear bumper was completely rusted through. So That isnt going back in. But everything else in good. I am undecided if it is even worthe it to throw the three bolt rear end in since i know for a fact it is going to break. But I might just out it in and refinish a 4 bolt while i break in the car. Who knows, cuz i sure don't. didnt take too many pictures but here are a few.

Heres what used to be the rear bumper. Almost every bolt was rusted so much that the socket didnt fit anymore. and the few that weren't just sheared off instantly. I can't Imagin trying t work on a northern car!

Gas tanks out

Rear sub-frame is out!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:10 am 

UPDATE!!

Got some more parts. I only have one picture because they are out in my car and it is pouring out. but here's a shitty pic...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm 

Got bored today, Here are some more pictures...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:53 pm 

Painted ONE wheel lol heres some pics. It came out really good IMO

Now back to the garage for some more painting!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:39 pm 

More painting done. I painted probably 1/2 the underneath of the car today. Just have to clean the other half where the gas tank goes and the rear sub-frame and get another can or two of paint. But what is done so far looks SOOOOOO much better. See for yourself...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:52 pm 

Under body of the car is DONE! Finished the rear half of the car today. I love how it turned out. Can't wait to see the whole car when its painted now!! I think on my day off I am going to start stripping the inside of the car so I can get that done... idk though. Any who, here's the finished product!

Went from this:

To THIS!!!!!!!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:50 pm 

Can this get moved to the new builds section please :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:05 pm 

Quote:
Can this get moved to the new builds section please :D
Done! Great work BTW. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:49 am 
CSM Junkie

Updates?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:33 pm 

Quote:
Updates?
Nothing to good. Been working alot, trying to let my bank account recover ;) But I did do a little bit today.

Cleaned the rear sub-frame and gas/brake lines with the pressure washer. Painted another wheel. The other two still have to be stripped, and the lips sanded to the right finish. I also had a cracked valve cover that I decided to shave. I figured I might as well mess up something that was already messed up before I use my good one. Came out almost perfect. And wasn't as hard as everyone says. But there are a few spots I could have done better. I primed it, painted it, then stuck it in the oven to cure it. A few bits of dust go in the paint while it was drying but it came out good. Especially for a mock-up valve cover ;)

Here you can see there are no dips or anything even hnting there used to be letters there.

And these are the little black pieces that floated onto it when it was drying. Thankfully they stayed on the inside of the spark plug area.

It was easy enough that I may start shaving valve covers and selling them.

Thats it. I will be off friday(fingers crossed) so I will be sandblasting the rear subframe and painting it. nothing crazy but i cant have rusty parts going back under the nice white car ;).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:59 pm 

Alright I guess its time for a small update. I was feeling pretty lazy today so I didn't do much to the car. But for some reason I felt like painting the interior. So I went out and start removing everything from the back seat, back. I didn't take any picture of the rear stripped but oh well. Sorry =/. I then sprayed everything with simple green and cleaned it up really well. then sprayed it again and went it it with some 400 grit to rough it up a little and clean as i went. Then I went and got some more of the white that I used for the under body and started going at it. Let me tell you, this was the most awkward, annoying thing I have done so far. All of the little holes, brackets, and weird angles that you have to do to get everything.

Yes, the car is getting full interior so I could have just done the floor and be done with it. but, like I have said. I don't want anyone to be able to tell the car was originally red. So EVERYTHING has to be done. Plus later on when/if it turns into a track car or just not a daily driver. It wont look ugly when I strip it down to its birthday suit. With that said, I know you all wanna see pics...

And FYI the red you see at the top of the rear is not red paint. it is the reflection of the red hatch in the glossy white hotness.

I also got sick of trying to imagine what everything was going to look like so I decided to "mock up" everything...

And before anyone says anything about the head. Heres a pointless little story. A friend of mine had a head at his house that was Painted green. I guess it was given to him from a friend of his that saw it on the side of the road where someone was throwing it out. The person told him "well the damn thing was green so I figured it must be for a honda", well unfortunately it turned out to be a 4g head. So he gave it to me. It is for mock-up purposes only as it has some major detonation scars. I like to throw this thing from time to time too, so it also qualifies as a stress reliever. Here is the sweet hole in the bowl.

Here is everything just hanging off the head :)

That's all folks.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 512 Next