4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 512 Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:33 pm 

Quote:
Nice work!!!!
Thanks!!
Quote:
Looks really clean man. I like the upper IC pipe.
Yeah it came out decent. To bad I have that big huge BOV and its being fed by a 13g :(...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:54 pm 

It runs!!!!!!! I know its been a while since any updates. I have been sick and just doing the little things. But the past few days I got my ass in gear and finished it up. Had a few problems getting it to start but now she is all set and runs amazing.

Still have to get some tranny fluid from a friend of mine and throw some coolant in, then I can go out and seat the rings and register her. Car will be up for sale soon!!

I'll get some video and pics tomorrow!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:05 am 

loving those colts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:25 pm 

Wow its been a while. Where to even start... Well i registered the colt and then got A job at a local shop I have wanted to work at for a while now. Been working 6 days a week so I havent had time to do much. But one day at work I had an old friend come up and offer me some money to buy the colt. The only time it has been for sale is just at work i throw a sign in the window while its parked. I told him I wanted to break in the motor first and I'll get back with him. So about a month goes by, I put about 2600 miles on the car. I call him and he comes that day with 2400 cash. Its been about a week since the cars been gone. A few days ago i had a day off so I cleaned the garage and the talon should be back soon!!

Since I have had the job my bank account has grew quite a bit, plus the money from the colt. So I have alot of money just waiting to be blown. So I decided the build is going to be a little more serious the I had planned. Hopefully next week I will start ordering parts and get the talon back to the house.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I'll get back to the talon!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:32 pm 
CSM Junkie

Congrats on the job! And putting another Colt on the road. What you planning for the Talon?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:19 am 

I don't really have a plan. I have things that are going to be done but I don't know when or how.

Its getting:

Built motor
Built head
Shep stage 4
Twin disk

Should (Fingers crossed) all be purchased in the next few weeks.

As soon as I get the car back to this house I will start shaving the engine bay. Then atleast the engine bay will get painted summit white. Then later on down the road it will get a 8pt. cage and the inside and outside of the car will be painted summit white also.

The car will have power steering, Heat, And of course A/C (gotta love southern florida!). Will also be a full interior car until the cage, then it will have from the front seats back stripped. But still have the A/C and heat, as well as power steering.

For now It will only have a 50 trim, Due to the fact that I will be the tuner and havent done much outside of Safc's. Plus I'm not gunna jump into some crazy rocket ship and hope to know how to drive and tune perfect. I am going to start at the bottom and work my way up.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:47 pm 
CSM Junkie

Sounds like it will be a nice set-up, but you should do yourself a favor and invest in a DSM Link for your build. It is easy to use and you will be happy you got it...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:44 pm 

Quote:
Sounds like it will be a nice set-up, but you should do yourself a favor and invest in a DSM Link for your build. It is easy to use and you will be happy you got it...
8)
Quote:
She is ready to start getting shaved, and prepped for paint! But as of right now the build is pretty much at a stand still until my friend brings his welder over so we can start shaving the bay. Then its time to paint!

Oh yeah, I also scored a nice deal on a nice tuning setup ;)

That’s it for now, I’ll update when I start shaving the bay. Hopefully I’ll document it enough so I can do a write-up on that too.

Later

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:23 pm 

Since my last update I Haven't done too much actual work on the car. Long story short. I was buying a built motor, shep stage 4, and QM twin disk from a guy in kentucky. last i talked to him he was packaging them up for shipping. and that was id say about 2 months ago. no returns to my multiple pm's. doesnt answer the phone. nothing. The guy disappeared off the face of the earth. So about a week ago i gave up on it. I ordered Wiesco pistons and Eagle rods. They got here a few days ago.

Oh yeah, And the kid that bought my colt blew it up and I almost bought it back again for 500. But I had to pass it up. I don't have the room and dont really wanna see that thing again lol

Dropped the block, rods, and pistons off at Joe's performance to get honed, cleaned, and new freeze plugs 2 days ago. Should be done in a few days or so. Waiting to hear back from the kid with the crank so It can get polished and assembled. Got a Hella good deal on BC springs and retainers. So those are on their way. I have a Head lined up, its part of a deal I have worked out with the same guy with the Shep. So once I get the head its going to the machine shop too. Not sure how in depth I will be going with that, but we will see...

I stopped by my work before the talon got back to my house to degrease and pressure wash the underneath. Came out alright. Didn't get as much as I wanted so I will prob do it again before I paint it.

Here's a few pics:

I bought A Cheap-o welder a few weeks ago and just bought a grinder today and started shaving the bay. Took some getting used to, But i figured it out. Got quite a few filled in. I have to figure out which ones i need though. Hopefully there isn't 1 or 2 left open, because that is going to piss me off. lol

Here is a little step by step

Threw some sandable primer on temporarily until I have time to do the rest of the holes and bondo the small imperfections.

Also bought some 98 GSX Enkei's from a local dsm'er.Two were black and two were brand new. Working on stripping them and doing gloss black centers and brushed aluminum lips. Only until I buy the RPF1's. Once I buy those these wil prb get Drag radials or just high treadwear tires for long trips.

Thats it for now. Hopefully within the next few days I'll have some pics of the block. Till then...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:05 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Somehow I missed this build thread in all my lurking. Nice to see some more Florida people. Really nice work!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:31 am 
Some call me a god

Car looks good..

From my experience at filling holes up, and grinding them down.. When they get all colorful like that. The metal is super thin, and heating up alot. You could probably take a screw driver and stab threw it.

Keep up the work

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:10 pm 

Well I did a little more shaving today. Not too much but All I had time for.

Got a little carried away with the primer. I just had to get an idea of what it is going to look like when its done.

Other then that I ordered the ARP Main studs which came in thursday. I was going to buy some coilovers and seats from someone but he sold them locally before I had a chance to send him the down payment to hold them =/ Figures with my luck lately. Speaking of luck...

The motor is back at my house. I was told 2 days and it would be done when I dropped it off. I called back after a week. He couldn't tell me where or what had been done so far and would call me back Monday. I waited till Friday and called again. He tells me my heads are all assembled and the short block is almost done. I tell him I never brought him heads its just a block. And he tells me its almost done. So I stop by on weds of the following week and it hadn't been touched besides hot tanked. And he didnt know which one was mine and I had to wait for the other guy to come in the following day to talk to him. So I had a friend go while I was at work and give him the money for the cleaning and take the motor. I'll be going to a different machine shop from now on...

On a better note. I am getting out of work early tomorrow and am going to start the bondo/sanding process of the bay. I am still trying to figure out which holes in the lower bay I done need but other then that its ready to be finish prepped. If anyone knows whart these holes circled are for let me know!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:27 pm 

Well I have been welding, grinding, bondo'ing, sanding every chance I have had. It seems like its taking forever, and not too much to show for it. But I know its gonna be worth it in the end. Well, there isn't too much to say about doing this, besides it sucks. So here is a bunch of pics!

Here you can see the factory sealer stuff that they put on, on the lip that separates the wiper cowl from the firewall. I have decided I am going to remove as much of the sealer as I can from the engine bay. To be honest I think it looks like shit. So it's gotta go!! BUT it is a royal pain to remove. it gets hot and melts into the sandpaper and ruins it. I'm actually pissed at it right now which is why I am in here writing this lol

Well Back to work!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:07 pm 
The happy administrator

Idk if I'd ever tackle a project like that, I'd end up in the looney bin.

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:21 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Looks really good! If you need any stock 1g dsm parts let me know, I have a ton that I'd like to get rid of eventually.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 512 Next