4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:11 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:06 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Quote:
I'll play your silly little game....How?? :D
Because he has one on his 4g61t? OMG, I ruined the surprise!!! :twisted:
CaptainSpanky... I've killed for less :evil: haha.

Yes I do have one on my 61t, It is a bit laggy but not as much as you'd think. I'm getting ECMLink to remedy this issue. Your turbo choice will depend on your mods and how far you actually want to take this little motor. Mine won't be a daily driver, maybe yours will, in which case I would use the 16g hands down.

On a side note, the 16g is 10x easier to install.

The 20g will hit the block, motor mount, water pipe, and oil filter at the same time if your using a manifold that puts the turbo at the stock location which almost all of them do.

07 ZX6R

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:30 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'll play your silly little game....How?? :D
Because he has one on his 4g61t? OMG, I ruined the surprise!!! :twisted:
CaptainSpanky... I've killed for less :evil: haha.

Yes I do have one on my 61t, It is a bit laggy but not as much as you'd think. I'm getting ECMLink to remedy this issue. Your turbo choice will depend on your mods and how far you actually want to take this little motor. Mine won't be a daily driver, maybe yours will, in which case I would use the 16g hands down.

On a side note, the 16g is 10x easier to install.

The 20g will hit the block, motor mount, water pipe, and oil filter at the same time if your using a manifold that puts the turbo at the stock location which almost all of them do.

Thanks I've decided to Just try and find a cheap 16g sometime down the road. I need to concentrate on fixing my sti for now. Maybe one day I'll have another 10 second car. Colt :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:43 am 
CSM Junkie

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a evo 3 16g or big 16g for this car? I'm still looking not much luck. Also going to need a safc 2 and maybe a turbo manifold to.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:28 pm 
The happy administrator

New? Maperformance. Used? Check the classifieds on tuners.

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:56 am 

Where are you located?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:01 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Where are you located?

New York.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:41 pm 
The Silent Administrator

16G for sale right now in the for sale section.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:37 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
16G for sale right now in the for sale section.

Link?

Also I just finished my exhaust it sounds pretty good. It's the cheap ebay 2g down pipe i think it goes from 2.5 to 3" then I finished off the cat back over the rear axles welded everything up 2.5" OD piping used for the cat back to a dual almost looks like 2" tips. Anyways no cat no muffler and it's pretty quite i was really surprised. But before i had just the open down pipe and the turbo spooled up a little faster then it does now. Am i restricting this? Should i just get a full 3" cbe? I would make one but i'm missing a part to do 3" bends on my pipe bender. There not mandrial bend but I kept them as little as possible so the pipes didnt get to crushed. Kinda sounds like a evo/srt-4 lol.

Any ways now i just need the pipes to finish running the evo 8 fmic set that all up and a big 16g or evo 3 16g if i can ever find one and some injectors should be good to go for a tune soon. I'm pretty excited again. Its like going to get the subaru tuned again but not 500whp :( I'm pretty happy with it the way it is but I'd like to get the most out of this engine and keep it reliable. and fun.

As it is now It spins all the way threw second but the roads here arent the best. I'll post up some pictures soon of the work I've done and maybe a video if i can.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:39 pm 
CSM Junkie

oh and a plug wire poped off the back of the coil when i got on it today i down shifted from 3rd to 2nd and got on it it spun all over the place then started breaking up and arcing. what could cause this? maybe it could have been a little lose?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:09 pm 
CSM Junkie

So what are the limits of this motor before it will blow anyone know how much boost i can run on a safe timing set up. I'd rather make more HP the TQ so i guess a little less timing and more boost should do the trick.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:13 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
So what are the limits of this motor before it will blow anyone know how much boost i can run on a safe timing set up. I'd rather make more HP the TQ so i guess a little less timing and more boost should do the trick.
Umm, if you don't know what you're doing you can blow up a motor at 10psi. If you're really good at tuning, you can get away with 30+psi on a stock motor. It just depends on your tuning skills and the rest of your setup. Most cars run best around 17-20* of timing at WOT in my experience.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:58 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Quote:
Umm, if you don't know what you're doing you can blow up a motor at 10psi. If you're really good at tuning, you can get away with 30+psi on a stock motor. It just depends on your tuning skills and the rest of your setup. Most cars run best around 17-20* of timing at WOT in my experience.

my tuning skills are fairly new. I'm a good mechanic but i lack tuning skills. I have been reading a lot about tuning. I've read a few EFI books. I was looking to get this for logging will that work ok for the safc? and i will be looking into a wideband soon. I was looking at the LC-1
but I was also thinking of just taking the car to the shop and having Jr tune it on the dyno there with there wideband. Maybe he can even just walk me threw it the safc2 doesnt seem to difficult to work with. I've been read and trying to work with the AEM lately.

I only really need the wideband for one use so whats the point if it's tuned and having it after. when i can see if it's running rich or god forbid to lean on the logger right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DSM-1G-M ... mainQ5f100

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:19 pm 
CSM Junkie

Well I just got around to taking a few pics today after i washed the car. Here's what i'm working with.

And the car's for sale now. I will be listing it soon on ebay most likely.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:42 pm 
CSM Junkie

So what do you all think would you pay 3k for this car?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:47 pm 
CSM Junkie

I also have a 7 bolt 4g63t in good condition the heads off so you can see the block the cross hatches are still in the bore with no scoring I'd be whiling to throw that in with the car for 3k car has a clean tittle I will post the vin later.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next