4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 615 Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:19 pm 
CSM Junkie

Hey Aaron, I noticed that you have another square tubing going across the front bolts of you rear sub frame. If you don't mined if you can take some close up pics of it because I think that is a really easy and simple way of doing the front bolts. Also if you don't mined if I could do the same to my car, I always ask people before I do something that someone else did the same,lol. This will be a huge help and easier for me doing the awd swap to my elantra. Thanks bud, tom. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:28 am 
Some call me a god

I don't mind a bit I actually took the idea from someone else on here. Its going back on the lift soon so I can weld up the drive shaft, I'll get some pics then.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:15 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
I don't mind a bit I actually took the idea from someone else on here. Its going back on the lift soon so I can weld up the drive shaft, I'll get some pics then.

Thanks man, that will help me out big time. :supz:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:31 am 
CSM Junkie

Hey aaron, just curious if you got a chance to take pics of that front bar for the awd swap :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:09 pm 
Some call me a god

I was going to do it last Saturday but I forgot my camera. I got booted off the lift so I'm not going to be able to get the best pictures.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:43 pm 
CSM Junkie

I just want a general idea on what it would look like so I know more or less how it should look like. What ever you can do is fine by me, thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:00 am 
Some call me a god

Got some more updates, these are from the last couple weeks. First up I got the rear motor mount welded in and bolted up. I also got the fuel system finished up. I got the fuel pump mounted, all the lines ran, and the top and bottom of the floor painted.

Also some pics for turbotom20g. This is about the best I could do with the car on jack stands.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:02 am 

Looking damn good Aaron! Keep up the nice work with it. Should be pretty fun when it's all done.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:27 am 
CSM Junkie

Thanks man, now I got one question though with that bar being there it should clear for the drive shaft right? Also what size fuel cell is that?

Btw the car is coming out great :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:19 pm 
Some call me a god

It's a 10 gallon cell and we had the driveshaft up there and it seems like it's going to clear just fine.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:09 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
It's a 10 gallon cell and we had the driveshaft up there and it seems like it's going to clear just fine.

Sweet :P , looking good man keep it up the updates :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:28 pm 
Some call me a god

Time for more updates! First off I scored a set of 15" bronze rota slipstreams.

Secondly my car got in a fight with a sawzall and lost the lower core support.

I cut put the core support to make room for the radiator and if I want to get a thicker intercooler. With the stock one in I couldn't fit bigger that a 3" core and the radiator was hitting the wastegate. I plan on putting a piece of 1" round bar in it's place and making tabs for the radiator and intercooler.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:55 pm 
CSM Junkie

The question is will I get to see it at the shootout this year? :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:10 pm 
Some call me a god

As long as it's not broken it will be at the Ohio shootout.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:10 pm 
Some call me a god

This weekend since I still haven't got my driveshaft I decided to try to tuck my headlight harness. I started Friday by pulling out the harness and taking off all the tape and factory loom. Most of my time Friday was spent staring at the harness trying to figure out exactly how to run everything and where to start, lol.

After making a quick trip to Fry's Saturday afternoon to pick up a solder gun, heat shink, and some other stuff I was ready to get started. After working on the floor for about 10min Mr.M3 and Jollygreen came up with a table for me. I got the harness all layed out on the table ready to start cuting down wires.

After a long night of wiring I got all the wires from the fuse box the main plugs and started on extending the headlights and marker lights. I came to a stopping when the tip of my solder gum was completely fruit and banana. At that point all I had left was the bright headlights, corner lights, and bumper lights left.

extra wires

I came in Sunday to with some new tips for the solder gun and got started on extending the rest of the wires. After a few hours I had everything back togeather and ready to test out. I got the harness back in and routed the way I wanted it. Everything fit great, tried all the lights and everything was working except the low beam headlights. Wheatley jumped into help start tracing wires and we found a ground wire that wasn't connected. So I connected the ground and the lights turned on! At that point it was getting late and I decieded to call it a night. All that is left to do it tape up all the wires, mount the fuse box inside the car, and run the wires where I want them inside the car.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 615 Next