4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:29 pm 

awesome job, basically wanting to do the exact same thing youve done with this car with mine. AWD auto setup.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:25 pm 
CSM Junkie

Awwwww yisssss! Shoutout from the chosen one :lol: . Those side skirts came out great!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:59 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
awesome job, basically wanting to do the exact same thing youve done with this car with mine. AWD auto setup.
Hell yeah! I know the car is fun with a manual hoping I still like it with an auto. lol

Quote:
Awwwww yisssss! Shoutout from the chosen one :lol: . Those side skirts came out great!
Ha! Don't know about the chosen one, just a man that likes to polish turds. :lol:

Can't wait to see the car on the ground, haven't got to get a good look at it with the skirts on yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:51 pm 
Some call me a god

Finally, my last back logged update. One of the big things on my list to upgrade was the driveshaft, I had been using a cut down 3-piece dsm driveshaft. So I went with a 2-piece driveshaft shop just like a dsm one just had to give them the measurement of my two front shafts.

I knew that I would most likely had some issues with the angle of the two shafts, I installed the new driveshaft and ended up with about 7 degrees difference of angle between the two shafts. Well shit, out of control spending coming up! My solution was to space the subframe down about 3/4 of an inch and that should line it up about perfect. I had spacers made for the rear bullfab rear end mount and for the front I replaced the old junk bushings for some custom ones a buddy made for me. And since I pulled the rear sub frame I decided I wanted to go back and cut out a few pieces I left in the car when I first swapped over to awd, also ended up cutting out the rest of the sheet metal where the back seat goes. And this was a perfect time to clean up that Frontline fab cover and install that as well!

Had to add a little flare lol.

That's a big hole to cover!

And the angle is perfect!!!!

And of course I had to buy a bunch of other parts since I was in there.... :lol: Got a pair of Jay Racing toe eliminator bushings and I pulled the trigger on assembling the lower and upper control arms. Also shaved down the pinch weld on the trailing arm to make space for my slicks.

I'm super excited how everything turned out!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:04 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

looks killer man 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:12 pm 

Man you guys are on a roll here lately! Send me some of that motivation. Great job as always.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:52 pm 
Some call me a god

Thanks guys! Like I said, I had a bunch to catch up on. And I'm making a big push to get it to shootout.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:58 pm 

Don't want to jinx it but this year might be a go for us. My wife got her back to school schedule (she's a cafeteria manager) and she's off work. Sadly she has to be back at school the following Monday but we can leave early Sunday. We haven't been since 2011 I think. Would be really cool to catch up with everybody in person again!

Aaron I'd really, really like to see this beast in person so I'm rooting for you!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:41 am 
CSM Junkie

That'd be cool if you could make it. If you do. I will be easy to spot. I will be the Tall guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:51 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Don't want to jinx it but this year might be a go for us. My wife got her back to school schedule (she's a cafeteria manager) and she's off work. Sadly she has to be back at school the following Monday but we can leave early Sunday. We haven't been since 2011 I think. Would be really cool to catch up with everybody in person again!

Aaron I'd really, really like to see this beast in person so I'm rooting for you!
Oh man! Hope you can make it! I will probably bring the car no matter what at this point but I'm still pushing it to be drive-able. Would be really cool if I could make some passes, but I'll see how much I can get done need to stop adding to the list lol.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15