4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 1621 Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:26 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Thanks Cody.

Yes, work it is.

Cranky seal at the back of the master, leaked all the fluid out of the reservoir as it has done for the last umpteen winters. Fill, bleed and it never leaked during warm weather operation.

This will get dealt with when the new brake master cylinder combination is selected.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:47 pm 
The Silent Administrator

List of things to do:

E-test and tuning

Rear flex hoses (have) or braided replacements (need sourcing)
Brake booster - inspect diaphragm assembly - perform booster operation test
1-1/16" Brake master cylinder installation
Front brake lines to Wilwoods Technafits (have but need replacing due to pitting?)

Suspension - budget is hovering close enough to where coilovers can happen, but may have to ship out stock C52A OEM suspension for development of our platform with HotBits - easier this way!

Performance radiator installation (requires major finnessing) acquired spare stock radiator with parts car
Condenser fan installation with wiring mods
Copy or design a new shroud system to employ the new fans in the existing turbo shroud (metal) - make it more shallow for clearance with 50mm radiator core/52+mm side supports.

Gti bumper installation and perform duct work mods to allow this phenomenon into the core:

========= Radiator core
######## Intercooler core
\ / Duct angles at bumper skin

Air in ^^^^

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:31 am 
The Silent Administrator

Removed the front knuckles with C53A brake rotors.
Temporarily installed the Wilwood knuckle/caliper bracket+adapter, to fit the brake lines.
Two fittings I have are suspect because they have micro pitting right where the tubing will seat. Not my cup of tea, but it will suffice until I can order some more - READ not driving on the road.
The lines that were sent to me by the PO (of the kit), are exactly what they need to be, in terms of length.
I need to measure and post those measurements too. The line that threads into the caliper from the strut bracket, is longer by maybe 3-5 inches.
One other side not for line retainers, would be a small issue I encountered.

The lines don't quite fit into the brackets on the strut or body side tabs, because they are physically wider then the OEM type fittings that should be going in those spots.
This makes fitting the little horseshoe clips back in, not exactly possible without modification. I have to talk to Technafit about that one. I either file down the tabs that keep the OEM type fittings from rotating in their retainers, and grind two small flats in the retainer groove of the line fittings, or .... ? We will see what Technafit has to say about this fitment issue. I'm not sure if this happens with their C53A turbo brake line kit or not.
As it is, I will have to order their rear kit portion, 2 front lines - body to strut, and and 2 custom length lines (with 1/8-27npt fitting on one end) to fit the Wilwood calipers.

Sent in some more correspondence to HotBits, waiting on some confirmation on how to move forward.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:45 pm 
The Silent Administrator

The Evolution of the braking system over the years. I have now owned all three entry level brake setups in the Mitsubishi family.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:30 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Got the following parts in from JNZTuning.net:

SHOE, M/T SE MD712919 X2 (1 SPARE) - WHITE PLASTIC SQUARE WITH HOLE THAT GOES IN THE UP/DOWN MECHANISM/ROD AT THE TOP OF THE TRANSMISSION.
WASHER, M/T MD 723290 X4 - RUBBER COATED WASHERS THAT HOLD THE SHIFTER CABLE BRACKET TO THE BELLHOUSING.
BSHG, M/T G/ MD719165 X2 - BUSHINGS THAT SUPPORT ROTATION OF THE BAR THAT HOLDS THE WHITE SHOE ABOVE. THIS KEEPS THE UP/DOWN MOTION OF THE LONG ROD, AS TIGHT TO OEM AS I COULD GET IT.

I dislike slop, so this should make what is already tight and g n ot chee, even more so!

Your new friend is PartsouQ.com as PartsBase.org is down.

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine ... uid=139672

P.S. They are in their new building and just getting setup the way it should be. Owning and taking their time with the property! Super stoked to here it.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:42 pm 
The Silent Administrator

If you need a source for fresh hubs, these may do the trick for the front of your ride: 90 Hyundai Excel

They will need to be machined just like the Colt hubs, so don't let the dimensions fool you.

I am staring at my hubs with machined outer ring, and the dimension left out past the studs on these new hubs is obviously in need of machining, as they are designed to bolt a rotor to the back side.

Bearings are listed as Koyo, so that is a plus.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:43 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Something for turbo rear brake lines, in the form of stainless braided, is in the works. More news when I have some to share.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:10 pm 
The Silent Administrator

I Kaiboshed the idea of mid grade coilovers for the time being. My coils are sagging at the rear, so this car just needs to be up and running with a complete, new, set of struts/coilovers at each corner.

Dead tired of having a car that pulled to one side, plus shocks that can't handle drop springs, uneven body heights, etc. This car has to be on the road this season.

Ksport CMT320-KP Kontrol Pro Damper System is on the way from the US via Amazon.
Quote:
Ksport CMT320-KP Kontrol Pro Damper System
by Ksport
Be the first to review this item
Price: $900.00 & FREE Shipping
Item is eligible: No interest if paid in full within 12 months with the Amazon.com Store Card. Apply now
Only 1 left in stock.
This item ships to Orleans, Canada.
Ships from and sold by Tuner Store.
Fully adjustable 36-way coilover kit
Usable for both track and street applications
Spring Rates (kg/lb.) - Front: 7.5/420 / Rear 5.3/297
Upper Mounts: Front- Pillowball Upper Mount/Rear- Aluminum Top Mount
Monotube design
› See more product details
5 new from $900.00 1 used from $720.00

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:55 pm 
The Silent Administrator

So, the Vendor from Amazon, was a drop shipper. Not KSports fault, but when the drop shipper found out they couldn't order (what they supposedly had in stock!!) except for a 2-3 week wait plus 2 days to KSport and 2 days to me here in Canada, I have them the handy finger. I am now one day away from getting the coilovers, direct through KSport. I was offered MAP pricing, Minimum advertised price which had gone up to roughly $1170. What you now see online from drop shippers is what you can ask to pay if you call KSport direct. KSport has the coilovers I got, listed at $1300 if you point and click with your mouse. Be aware of that fact, and you will be a happy camper.

Following parts come to mind that were ordered and should arrive some time soon, or already have:

Turbo Brake booster
Technafit 1 piece rear braided brake lines (more details to follow during installation)
2-1/4" silicone couplers in 45 degree angles just in case
2-1/4" coupler straight
2-1/4 to 2-3/8 + 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 couplers (one of each) to get up to the 2G TB elbow - wasn't sure of fitment so ordered both
2-1/4" T bolt clamps x6
Silicone hose clamps with constant tension spring devices built in (box of 10)
4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and maybe 11mm spring clamps - unsure of O.D. of inbound silicone hoses
Silicone hoses - vacuum, boost signal etc
OEM Exhaust shield bolts
Silicone accessory hoses - TB, water/turbo, cooler
OEM fitment heater core hose - one more should have made the pair, not sure why it is so short! woops .. gates crossover?
Moog front ball joints K9617 x2 - old ones sat at low angles for a long time, taking no chances - DSM's use this ball joint too!
Flex radiator hoses x2
Rear wheel bearings
Rear wheel bearing seals
3x wiper blades from Bosch
fan/cooler mounting brackets from Amazon
1/8" x 3.5" Wilwood cotter pins x10 (because nobody carries them in this length in small quantities) from Amazon (My wilwoods have the cotter pin fitment versus cross bar (bolt and nut))
PowerStop Carbon Fiber/Ceramic Z26329 [Brake Pad] Z26 New Formulation Brake Pads; High Performance/Heavy Duty - heavy duty stainless shims and hardware kit included

OEM parts ordered through Amayama.com using PartSouq.com numbers:

Shipping from Mitsubishi Japan
Mitsubishi MB277015 BRACKET STEEL (MC JP) - 4.10 CAD, 1 item
Mitsubishi MB366135 PIPE, METAL (MC JP) - 6.87 CAD, 1 item
Mitsubishi MB366136 PIPE, METAL (MC JP) - 6.87 CAD, 1 item
Mitsubishi MB534022 PIPE, METAL (MC JP) - 8.72 CAD, 1 item
Mitsubishi MB316894 (MC JP) - 5.68 CAD, 1 item
Mitsubishi MB534023 PIPE, METAL (MC JP) - 5.82 CAD, 1 item
Mitsubishi MB928711 GASKET (MC JP) - 3.29 CAD, 2 items
Mitsubishi MB316867 BUSH, PLASTIC (MC JP) - 2.23 CAD, 4 items
Mitsubishi MB500595 STOPPER (MC JP) - 3.16 CAD, 2 items
Mitsubishi MB573547 BOLT (MC JP) - 7.54 CAD, 2 items
Mitsubishi MB633076 NUT (MC JP) - 3.03 CAD, 2 items
Mitsubishi MF445243 NUT (MC JP) - 4.88 CAD, 2 items
Mitsubishi MD736303 (MC JP) - 14.54 CAD, 1 item
Mitsubishi MB151403 BOLT (MC JP) - 4.62 CAD, 4 items
MMC Truck MB081565 (RS JP) - 3.09 CAD, 4 items
Mitsubishi MB618399 BOLT (MC JP) - 4.89 CAD, 4 items
Mitsubishi MD131417 (MC JP) - 2.78 CAD, 3 items
Mitsubishi MD125848 HOSE, RUBBER (MC JP) - 9.39 CAD, 1 item
Mitsubishi MS660164 CLAMP (MC JP) - 1.18 CAD, 4 items
Mitsubishi MB572595 GASKET (MC JP) - 6.48 CAD, 2 items
Mitsubishi MB572619 (MC JP) - 6.08 CAD, 2 items
Mitsubishi MB530249 CLAMP (MC JP) - 1.59 CAD, 4 items
Mitsubishi MS820080 (MC JP) - 3.57 CAD, 2 items

Shipping from UAE:
Mitsubishi MB699640 CYLINDER, BRAKE (MС EP) - 77.54 CAD, 1 item
Mitsubishi MF240050 BOLT (MС EP) - 1.16 CAD, 8 items
Mitsubishi MB058828 CLAMP (MС EP) - 1.54 CAD, 2 items
Mitsubishi MF473492 PIN (MС EP) - 1.37 CAD, 1 item
Mitsubishi MS660165 CLAMP (MС EP) - 1.94 CAD, 2 items
Mitsubishi MR476457 TIE ROD END (MС EP) - 22.19 CAD, 2 items
Mitsubishi MS450044 WASHER (MС EP) - 1.00 CAD, 4 items
Mitsubishi MF450406 WASHER (MС EP) - 1.00 CAD, 4 items
Mitsubishi MS450043 WASHER (MС EP) - 1.00 CAD, 2 items
Mitsubishi MS100224 BOLT (MС EP) - 1.00 CAD, 8 items
Mitsubishi MS100221 BOLT (MС EP) - 1.00 CAD, 19 items
Mitsubishi MB270053 CLAMP (MС EP) - 1.59 CAD, 7 items
Mitsubishi MB481588 CLIP (MС EP) - 1.94 CAD, 4 items
Mitsubishi MS452357 SCREW (MС EP) - 1.00 CAD, 4 items
KOITO 1583 BULB (DT EP) - 1.00 CAD, 2 items
Mitsubishi MS440502 NUT (MС EP) - 1.00 CAD, 4 items
Mitsubishi MB881524 HORN (MС EP) - 39.40 CAD, 1 item

Some items from the list like the Prop valve and horn, and a few others are no stock and unknown delivery so they were left off the order. Most of everything else was high stock probability and ships out soon.

I think I will shoot my self in the foot when I see all the duties levied on all these goods, but this should mean that I will have the major stuff here in 1-2 weeks to get the car running and I can work backwards to get the little things removed and re-installed with better parts when the time comes.

Now to make that monster radiator fit ... or install one of the old ones ... so I don't waste so much time getting it all together!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:38 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Got the KSports home now.

Watched some videos on how to preload the springs. Seat the coil ring until you can't tighten it by hand anymore (while maintaining top hat alignment), mark the ring, then turn it one full turn. Lock it in (flat punch or two collar tools supplied.

I took Shawn J's advice on strut tube sitting flush with the bottom of the clevis clamp, means a 2" approximate drop at the front, so I dropped the clevis ~ 2". More starting numbers to follow, as well as final numbers before things settle, when the car is able to roll out of the garage onto somewhat flat ground.

Rear shock bodies are really short when comparing to the length of the stock rear tubes, top plate to frame surface area to the bottom of the lower eyelet. There is quite a different (free standing) with 1.5" of threaded collar making contact between the lower threaded tube and the shock body. Not sure how much contact depth is good, but it will be a starting point to figure out how the rear sits. I ahve some good dimensions measured at the base of the lower portion of the coil spring lock collars, to the top of the lock collar above the clevis clamp. They will be my starting points and final reference points. I marked the threaded shock bodies with long white skinny paint (paint pen) marks at the 1" increments and short white marks at every other half inch in betweem the inch marks. This gives me baselines to reference.

The coilovers come with no instructions on how the achieve stock ride height ... not surprising. The length of the rear tube combos has me worried, unless those coils really are super stiff, as much so as was advertised! The rear chrome shock rod looks almost as skinny as the stock stuff, as do the front rods ..... big wide shock bodies with dinky guts ....... not what I was picturing. Ride quality will tell for sure, regardless of my untrained/by the eye observations.

Brake line brackets essentially place one flat bar straight away with the body of the shock (flat collared w/bolt/nut, so totally height adjustable on the threaded portion area) to allow a single length of line using a grommet near the middle, to allow proper fitment. Not my style, nor engineered to work with the factory equipment. I have two spare brake lines/brackets (left and right) left from the shell, and my cleaner examples that are coming off with the stock front suspension. This allows use of my Technafit lines, one pair per side. If I can weld the stock brackets to the collar device, or purchase and use 4x more locking rings (one for top and bottom of the collar), I could lock things in place in the middle of the shock body threads. Hmmmm .... now I'm thinking. Gotta stop that, because less will get done for sure! wink wink

Forgot my snap ring pliers at work, so no ball joint removal for tonight. Time for shuteye.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:57 am 
CSM Junkie

Keep us posted....im sure you will
glad you got these

Keane

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:14 am 
The Silent Administrator

Received two pairs of complete 1990 type OEM Hyundai coil packs (brackets, wiring, capacitors, tach adapters). I am using the Cyclone coil pack bracketry, but the tacho interface and wiring/coils are what is needed in the long run. I have spares of the 1990 stuff in DSM format, but the price on Ebay was too good to pass up.
Thank you to the member that showed me these sitting there just waiting for a new home!

Also, have a t-shirt (as was advertised my Moulin13 on FB) with a C58A style car, that is coming from Russia; also through Ebay.

Hope to have a second Mirage/Colt shirt sitting at home, so if one gets dirty, the other comes out to play!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:48 pm 
The Silent Administrator

UAE and Japanese warehouses have now spilled the beans:

Only the hardlines on the chassis will be original with regards to the braking system when I am done.

New balljoints installed, 1 coilover in and brake line bracket zip tied to the body. Working on a more permanent solution in my head, but that could take some time.

Lots of new bolts and random parts in those bags. Even got a new booster gasket!

All part numbers were listed above.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:59 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Scrat can now have a back scratch via proper JIS tipped screwdrivers. Nothing says luxury like using the proper Japanese Industrial Standard tips to take out your Japanese screws!

Who knew!

I think I bought nearly every combination that RevLimiter had for sale. Adam sent me a nice note with a thank you, two japanese chew candies and some coasters and a RevLimiter sticker.

Also, wrote my value for duty at slightly lower than it was in Canadian dollars .... like a whole lot lower, and this saved me money. Thank you Adam!!!

Vessel Screwdriver Madness!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:51 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Tranmission shifter solid bushing replacement and clean/regrease.

Oooooooh, what's this?

Booster action!

Replacing this piece just before the sticker would have been completely correct about why I ordered this part.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 1621 Next