4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 407 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 528 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:28 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Do you think a 1.6 with a 16/20g wtf ever would be a good race against a 2.0 with a 16g? Homey...
Yes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:39 am 
Some call me a god

Bobby and I think we may have found one restriction. I am using the 11b j-pipe. He said that the 11b is offset the opposite direction on the outlet versus the 14b and 16g. I know the pipes turn different ways. But the way he explained it is the 11b pipe is more or less creating an oval shaped hole that is basically blocking off HALF the outlet on the 14b and 16g. So I can only force so much air through this particular setup in its current configuration. Thus, why I am capped at 25lbs/min.

So that confirms that I will put the intercooler on when it comes time. I think that and a good throttle body will be good for me. I was hoping I could rock the hotpipe with success and not have to. Well, I kind of have. I think I could max the turbo/setup out and still have no knock. E85 is great.

I am always down for a race. The car is slow, but I'll give it all I have.

Steven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:40 am 
Some call me a god

Did a pull tonight. The car is indeed faster. According to dsmlink, it is .55 seconds faster from 50-90mph. That was from a first gear roll as near as I could get to my track run.

That .55 seconds would put me in the 13's by itself. This is just bench racing, but over the course of the whole 1320 feet, I think I could muster six tenths out of the car.

Front mount to come soon.

Steven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:35 pm 
Some call me a god

Off the hot pipe setup, wow! Inspirational, Steven....

Consequently, I'll be running the same deal for a month or two, although you have a lot more air pushing with the 14b.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:17 am 
Some call me a god

This past week I had the flange flipped on the 11b pipe to work correctly so it was not blocking any of the 16g outlet. I still am stuck at 20psi. And still stuck in the mid 20's for airflow. But right where my VE table overlays on itself, at 6500rpm I am flowing 27lbs/min. I don't think that is too shabby on the stock 11b intake and piping.

I have been having a problem for a while now with the car falling out of boost inbetween shifts. Even with NLTS. I tried a few things, but nothing helped. So today I thought about it and decided to throw some antilag at it between shifts. It would take the car 1.5-1.6 seconds to go from its lowest boost point between shifts back to full boost. On each shift. I was only getting 6-7psi. I hit it with the antilag at 0* and got 7-8psi. I hit it with 3* and got 8-9psi.

So I turned it off and pulled over and reviewed some stuff. Then it donned on me. The car was falling exactly back to 5000rpm on the shifts and then once in gear would fall mechanically to 4xxxrpm depending on my speed. The mechanical part was not what was worrying me. So I went and looked at my rpm section of dsmlink. I guess I hadn't changed it on the NLTS since I pulled the 11b off. I had a short window with the thing from 5000-6250. So that is where the limit was.

I set it at 6000 rpm and gave her a go. HOLY SHIT. It just ripped the tires off the front of the car going into second gear. It has not done that yet with this car. I pulled over and looked at the datalog. 15.5psi. So though well, that was nice, lets try 6250. Well that turned out to be a mini smoke show and really unsettled the front suspension with the massive torque coming into gear. 17psi on the shift when the boost is only at 20psi was just too much. So I put it back to 6000 and made one more pull. Felt good so I left it.

Boost recovery is now .2-.3 seconds from low boost on the shift back to full boost. No antilag was needed.

It was just strange. Because last night I raced a Subaru Impreza STI. He had an intake, exhuast, tune and boost controller set at 20psi. I would pull on him to about a 3/4 car lead. And on each shift he would gain ground. And I was rapping the shit out of the tranny with NLTS. And right when I shifted into fourth each time he would come around me and start to slowly pull away. I think with faster boost recovery in a first gear roll race, he would not have been able to catch and pass me in a 1320ft street race.

So as it stands, I am ready to crack some 13's on this badass hotpipe setup before the new setup goes on. I just wish I could rebuild the throttle body before wednesday, but I don't think it leaking, even if it is as bad as it is, is holding me back much.

I think 13.7-13.9@97-100mph is attainable now that I fixed the j-pipe restriction and boost recovery problem. Wish me luck for wednesday night.

Steven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:34 am 
Some call me a god

Good to hear Steven. Are you going with the ic setup we had talked about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:20 am 
Some call me a god

I am pretty sure I am. Everyone likes the idea and is willing to help. In just a few weeks things will be set in motion for that. One more time on the hotpipe setup before we make that step though. I have to get this car out of my garage before I can make that step as well. Should be finished by the end of the week.

Steven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:05 am 
CSM Junkie

^ It's my POS that he has to get out of there.

Thanks in advance. I'm going to go 12's with my sub box in the car dammit.

1997 Nissan 240sx
1970 Datsun 240z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:15 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Quote:
^ It's my POS that he has to get out of there.

Thanks in advance. I'm going to go 12's with my sub box in the car dammit.
Dont forget your Crunk Juice George. :drinkers:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:16 pm 
CSM Junkie

12's with the sub box, baby seat, and.....Crunk Juice.

1997 Nissan 240sx
1970 Datsun 240z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:21 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Get er done Steven, you should also give me your interior. :)

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:22 pm 
CSM Junkie

From the looks of it, you're anti interior.

1997 Nissan 240sx
1970 Datsun 240z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:46 pm 
Some call me a god

Things did not go to well at the track. Best run was a 15.1@90mph. It bogged really bad on the first two passes.2.5-2.6 sixties. The third pass it ran a 2.2 sixty foot but still bogged. The fourth pass, it bogged again to another 2.2 sixty and loaded up until the 1/8th. I let out, then got back in it half way down the track and it ran fine.

Fifth pass, got real aggressive with the launch. 6000rpm, antilag at 3* and at 5850rpm. I also upped the launch to shut off at 22mph. I did not even clear the rear tires through the beams and shattered the driver's side axle. I don't know how much was done because it was dark, but it literally looked like it shattered on the outside of the halfshaft. At least I hope it did. It is still sitting at the track. I had my fiance come and pick me up. I will know more when I can find a way to pick it up and get it to my friends shop or possibly Jason's work.

On the next to last pass I think I actually got the perfect settings down. 5750 launch, 5600 antilag with 3* added in. But, on all five passes of the night it would spin and bog extremely bad right at 21-22mph. Like it was hooking like a mother there. So that is why on the last one I upped for when the two step shut off. It came out extremely hard, but did not make it much past the beams.

I am so torn as to what to do now. I don't know if I should keep the car and work through all the headaches it has, or sell it and move on with my future.

The car's engine, body and interior are in super awesome. It needs a tranny, paint, suspension in a bad way(almost unsafe to drive), complete brakes from and rear(almost too unsafe), a driver's door(door will not close, and has been narrowed to a severely bent door, and a matching set of good tires.

But, if I sell it I will be upset because they are so hard to find in such good shape. Galants are pretty easy to come by, but are usually rough. A DSM is a dime a dozen. I would probably kick myself for letting two of these gems go now. My fiance told me to just fix what is needed and make it a race car. If I do that though, I am going to tailor the car for land speed racing. Drag racing is awesome, but there is just so much less strain in just letting the car stratch its legs.

If i go the race car route, the interior has your name all over it Bobby. As I would do a cage like the land speed 1G I get to help with. After the axle i will see where we stand. As for now, no more drag racing. Just enjoy some street driving and fun on the highways.

Pictures to come once I get the car where I can work on it.
Steven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:51 pm 
Some call me a god

Oh, and the hotpipe setup is a huge restriction. My j-pipe is literally starting to blue from the temper of the heat. It was insane to see that tonight while looking under the hood. The car just won't cool off either. No matter how long I would sit. The intake manifold literally burned me as bad as a stove would. And that was about 10 minutes after a run with the car off. It is no joke fire coming in and out of my engine. Good thing E85 is saving my ass.

Steven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:08 am 
Some call me a god

That really sucks to hear Steven. You should just fix it and continue to build on what you have already, I would hate to see this come to an end because of a broken axle.
If you do decide to sell it, lmk.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 407 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 528 Next